Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Warnings: 0
Ah well!!!

So that's actually an OPL isn't it??? Christ... :|

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Box 9 with newbie Zaid contains the 50p

Stacie says she has had a fantastic time on the show, and that £7,000 gets her wedding and she is really happy with that.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie
International Forums Moderator

Not inflated, perfectly honest, does the job of frustrating Stacie without luring future players into risks with an inflated hypothetical. Again, a thoroughly deserved Banker victory.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

That's gotta be the lowest payout for a £75k Box, surely

What a bad way to start the week :(

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel appears at the end of the show with the very sad news that after Frank was taken ill on the show he later passed away :(

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

That's heartbreaking...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Devastating... :(

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Especially after an ending like that aswell...

Enjoy £7,000, Stacie.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:00 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Was looking forward to his game as well.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie
International Forums Moderator

killersbee wrote:
That's gotta be the lowest payout for a £75k Box, surely

What a bad way to start the week :(

£2k more than Barbara a few weeks ago (which in turn edged out Ken by £127) but I don't think that matters after the news at the end of the show.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

yellowzebra8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 pm    Author: yellowzebra8    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

R.I.P Frank! :(

dond_rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:11 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Frank Paganuzzi, unfortunately had to leave the show because of ill health. Sadly Frank lost his fight with cancer. He was a wonderful man, hugely popular with everybody here in the Dream Factory, and his family specifically requested that we broadcast Frank’s time on Deal. We send them our fondest best wishes at this very sad time.

The Deal or No Deal Team.

RIP FRANK!
:cry:

chrisjoyce87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:25 pm    Author: chrisjoyce87    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

I'm completely shocked by that news RIP Frank.

Phil 09

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

I am shocked by the news that Frank has passed on. I did not expect that type of ending and one that I hope never to see again. I feel for his family and was looking forward to his turn on DOND. He would have been a real character for sure. But Stacey's game, (should have took the £14,000!!) am in fact watching it again on More4+1.

Phil.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:39 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Poor Frank, don't know what to say apart from I thought he was a legend based on his 4 shows! :(

Think it was a good touch just to have Noel mentioning it on the end too.

Also think they should have done something similar with Amanda's game that didn't get aired (i.e. Noel just explaining what had happened after the closing credits of Kirsty's game that was shown instead) rather than just a caption.

I always wonder if the two contestants who were on for a few shows in the early days but never played (Clive and Audrey was it?) - if soemthing similar happened to them. :(

Guess Stacie's game is almost irrelevant compared to that......but at least the £75k was only available to hardened Wakeyists though due to losing the back-up, unlike Barbara the other week......

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:05 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

I only saw small bits of today's game. Not a lot to say about it really. At first I thought it was quite strange to deal at 7k after turning down 14k, but now I've thought about it a bit more her decision is more understandable. She was probably inticed by the board's stability at 8-box, and when things started to get a bit risky she realised that she couldn't afford to live with a low amount, and so dealt. At least it's less painful than Barbara's game since the majority of people would've dealt £19,500 afterwards, whereas in Barbara's game quite a few people would have won 75k.

RIP Frank. From what little we saw of him, I was expecting a good game, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. :cry:

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

R.I.P. FRANK, thoughts with his family and friends xxx

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Very sad news about Frank, I was totally not expecting that, and of course all our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time. He seemed a really likeable character who made a big impression in his 4 shows on the wings, and what a shame he didn't get the chance to play what would surely have been a memorably entertaining edition. It was indeed a nice touch for Noel to add his tribute after the credits.

Talking about Stacie's game after that news seems rather insignificant now, so I'll leave that to everyone else.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Firstly, my sincere condolances to Frank's friends and family. From the little we saw of him he was a great charecter and I'm sure his game would have been a memorable one. He certainly left a lasting impression on the show.

Stacie's game was an interesting one and the Banker played it brilliantly.Always a shame to see the player take the lowest offer of the game, but I think Stacie got seduced by a deceptively strong board and the Banker's unusual tactic of increasing the offer even when she took the top off the game

To be fair it was a tough call, that 8 box offer was justifiable either way and that next round could just as easily have gone her way. When it didn't the Banker seized his chance and got her out of the chair for a relatively modest amount.

sonicrules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:23 pm    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 29/03 Stacie

Enjoyable game today, I can understand why she went on at £14,000, I dont blame her for dealing, its better to have £7,000 and could have won a lot more rather than have nothing and (no matter what anyone says on the show) go to the bar and kick yourself all the way home!

Terrible tragic news about Frank, a real shocker, I saw it coming as soon as Noel appeared at end, even before he started speaking but it was still horrible news, he left a big impression on me, he was my favourite on the wings, it was obvious straight away what a character he was and what a memorable game that would have been, I think it would have been one of my favourites of series 5, I'd have loved to have seen his game, RIP Frank!! My thoughts go out to his family and friends :(

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]