Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 pm Last visit was: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Warnings: 0
Brilliant game today. Personally, I'd have dealt £33k but at around 50% of the mean and with a 3 red/2 blue configuration, there was certainly justification for a no-deal.

Unlike the last £250k/blue finish in live play, there was no chance that Caine was going to gamble today.

DanS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:11 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Wow. What a game. Absolutely brilliantly played. I can only imagine the devastation if Caine had opted to go to Sonia instead of Monique.

I thought he was going to win quarter-mill. Don't ask me why, I just had a gut feeling halfway through the game that we were going to see something special, and I instantly assumed £250,000 winner. My gut feeling was wrong in that sense, but it was still something special. Game of the year so far? Or am I missing something else that was memorable? When did Justin win £75K, that was this year correct?

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:24 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Games like that remind us why we love the show so much and why it continues to maintain its core audience after nearly 4 and a half years on air - just a fantastic game, edge-of-the-seat stuff throughout the last part, and I was really starting to convince myself he was going to be the 1st male quarter-millionaire, and even though that didn't materialise, it was a stonking win nonetheless! :lol:

STILL the biggie doesn't come to the table, and I imagine if he'd picked the other box with Sonia that he would've turned down the equivalent % of mean to what he got on the £5/£50k finish, (especially as he just rejected £33,000) and then of course it would've been a disaster, so a huge swing on the last box, but thankfully it went in his favour!

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:02 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

DanS wrote:
Wow. What a game. Absolutely brilliantly played. I can only imagine the devastation if Caine had opted to go to Sonia instead of Monique.

I thought he was going to win quarter-mill. Don't ask me why, I just had a gut feeling halfway through the game that we were going to see something special, and I instantly assumed £250,000 winner. My gut feeling was wrong in that sense, but it was still something special. Game of the year so far? Or am I missing something else that was memorable? When did Justin win £75K, that was this year correct?

Justin's game was February 9th this year.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:18 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Have to agree that was a fantastic game.

Brilliantly pitched final offer from the Banker, too good to turn down given Caine had a 50% chance of taking home a blue. Even if the big red had been in his box I don't think many people would have begrudged him not taking the gamble.

I think both Caine and the Banker played a blinder there, Caine was lucky enough to have a strong board throughout the game, and smart enough to know when to quit. Biggest win in what feels like an absolute age

maggieq

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 am    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

:smt038 :smt038 what a great edge of the seat game.it could have easily ended up in tears.he was one cool dude.good result Caine,enjoy all that dosh!

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 am    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

:smt023 well done caine....great game.

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:09 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Well done Caine, very brave no deal at 5 box, much needed win for a Sunday game! :)

Amazingly, even £72,000 doesn't qualify for the Top 20 all time wins anymore!

lcc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:52 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

yeah great gamble caine , i missed the beginning so didn,t really hear about him but he seemed very cool and laid back hope he doesn,t witter it away????

Profile E-mail  

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:53 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Of all the games to miss. :evil: It sounds like it was the best game in ages, even better than Justin's 75k win...

Well done Caine!

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Was it just me or did anyone else get the feeling that the enormity of the gameplay going into the last few boxes didn't seem to be recognized in the Dream Factory? The only reason I'm saying it is because everybody seemed more calm than I thought they would...normally when the £250k is still in live play at 2-box, there's massive cheers etc...

Anyway, that was an incredible game. I was on the edge of my seat for some of it.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine
Administrator & Global Moderator

Tom wrote:
Was it just me or did anyone else get the feeling that the enormity of the gameplay going into the last few boxes didn't seem to be recognized in the Dream Factory? The only reason I'm saying it is because everybody seemed more calm than I thought they would...normally when the £250k is still in live play at 2-box, there's massive cheers etc...

I noticed that too - the atmosphere seemed rather subdued even though the end part of Caine's game was amazing. I guess Caine's laid back attitude had a calming effect on everyone.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]