Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:28 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Warnings: 0
The £71,995 drop would be devastating for nearly all of the players and I'm tempted to take this one myself

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel talks about how Caine mentioned the OHO club earlier, and Caine says he thinks he's already a member of it! His mum tells him to please THINK!!

Caine says DEAL

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

And he takes it, good for him

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:30 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

The SWAP would've been guaranteed as the £250k is in the final 2. Caine says he'd have said NO SWAP.

Caine's box 13 has £5

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine
International Forums Moderator

Caine, clearly, came with the intention of taking a chance, playing on the exuberance of youth, but knowing he had a limit - and his remark about "already being in" Noel's O-HO-VERY-FUNNY club of gamblers was a sign he is brilliantly self-aware for his age.

A thoroughly worthy mega winner! The least he deserves is the fiver in the box... no swap, he knows nobody would ever do it and may well know the swap means a guaranteed guilt trip... OH LOOK AT THAT!!

Game of the month, right there, no contest.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

The other contestants rush out to congratulate Caine.

Box 2 with Sonia contains the £250,000

Noel says that's where the banker predicted it would be! Caine talks about what the money will do for him.

Beer94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: Beer94    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Haha. Well done, Caine!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:32 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

WOW!!! :-D

Absolutely brilliant play from Caine, he is now Season 5's Second highest winner!

Here's hoping more wins like this come, enjoy £72,000, Caine :smt023

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Good deal Caine, you deserve it. Anyone think Sonia and Caine could be the next DOND golden couple?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Why did I ever say this wouldn't even be the game of the day?!?

€80k required on Miljoenenjacht to top that in absolute terms, just under €110k in real terms once one accounts for the taxation paid on winnings.

When was the last time anyone dealt more than £72k on this version?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:41 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Probably Amy at the end of last season

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

That's the one. I was consumed with thinking of the last £250k-high final pair Deals and forgot about one of the best games ever.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Best game in yonks - calculated risk-taking but not crazy Wakeyism like some. :)

Such a cool head for such a young lad, and also full marks to mum for letting him do what he wanted and not over-influencing like some parents can (i.e. Leila's for example!!).

God know how Sonia would have taken it if he'd picked her in active play!

I think the last person to deal at more than £72k was £75k Maria in summer '07 but not absolutely sure about that! The last to deal 6-figures was Graeme for £101k in the spring!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Oh god I forgot Amy. Oops! (Same syndrome as KP there) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:44 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Finally the curse of Sunday shows is over

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

unclekevo wrote:
Finally the curse of Sunday shows is over

Probably becuase for the first time in over a month it wasn't an old woman playing on a Sunday. ;-)

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Indeed, were now approaching 3 years since May 4th, where Graeme was the last player to deal over £100k...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Stunning game!

I was worried he'd go with box 2 and it'd have it inside...thank god he didn't open it, and it proved to be in there! :D

I can't ever have the stones to swap away a £250,000 box so even I would have dealt £72,000!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

dorset_deal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:35 pm    Author: dorset_deal    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

Great game and result for Caine, Cannot believe the 250k still hasn't been to the table since early December.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:07 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Caine

FAB FAB FAB!!! What a game, what a player, so lovely and cool and calm and wow now 72 thousand pounds richer! :smt041 :smt041 BRILLIANTLY played Caine! Enjoy your fabulous winnings!!! :-D :-D :-D

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]