Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:37 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:37 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:18 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

Warnings: 0
StatsMan wrote:
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
...Must be getting close to 100 games since the £250k came to the table now...

92 games at the moment - I think the value absent from the table the longest has been the £1,000, which went 128 games early on (between Dilys and Helen) before being brought to the table, hopefully we won't have to wait that long! :D

What about the £75k being absent from the table until Keran brought it in the spectacular turnaround game in Nov 2008....was it not absent then since April 2008....making 7 months (or 6 months if you take off the summer break) which would be at least 150 shows. :?

Anyway back to Nicola's game......great player.....great win...well done Nicola, enjoy your £37k.

Jim

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:40 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

Last time £75k came to the table was only as few games ago

And yes, it's close to 100 games since the biggie was on the table, Zoe was the last person to bring it back in 2009

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

FLO!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

Flo, KB...

What a great game that was! Perfect timing, it was always going to be an OPW, but the scale of the win was admittedly far greater than I was expecting...that £30,000 offer cut out from the final edit sounds like one of those offers that probably got made at 3-box with £20,000 still there too, which I probably would have only just turned down myself!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:56 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

KP wrote:
A question to all: when was the last time it was in play at 8-box? Should happen twice a week, feels like it's happened about twice this month...

Roopa's game on Tues 16th.

Nicola Cairns wrote:
I was actually offered 30k between the 22 and 37 which I declined. It wasn't shown in my show which I don't understand. I have it written on my card that Noel gives you at the end with all your offers written on it. It doesn't matter really as the end result was fantastic was myself and my family.

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I had an absolute ball!!!

Nicola xxx

Well done Nicola. Would I be right in thinking that the £30k was offered at 3-box (with the £100k, £20k and £250 left in play)? By my logic, it can't have been an improved 5-box offer as we heard Noel ask you the question at £22k, it would make no sense at 4-box (when the average was only just over £30k anyway, so must have been at 3-box (in which case, that was a very brave no-deal and would explain the £37k offer you got at 2-box).

If so, its very odd that this was edited out the show as it gave the impression that the banker was rewarding a slightly brave decision rather than a very brave one (although I suspect KP will have his opinion on the editting decision).

Glad that Noel noticed the bluff from Thursday's game about John's daughter being 4 (although I'm guessing it wasn't Noel that worked it out)

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

Whoops, I forgot all about Flo, just shows how much I know about the show these days :oops:

matt26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:29 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

Nicola played the game perfectly there. She made herself really hard to read, and thus she got a really generous offer which she sensibly took. Really, revealing as little as you can about yourself is probably a more reliable tactic than claiming to be a gambler, since the lattr technique has backfired a number of times.

The lack of reds in the contestant's box is pretty amazing really. Out of the last 19 games, only TWO have seen a red amount brought to the table without swapping, the chances of which are ~0.03%. I can definitely see this fuelling Noel's 250k talks that were very annoying back in late 2006. There was around a 120 show gap without it appearing, and then it came three times in the space of 13 games!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola
International Forums Moderator

One word on the editing: clueless. That's all it is - not malevolent, not manipulative, if anything keeping the biggest ND of the game would be the exact thing they'd want to show if they were emphasising what I thought they were.

No, just plain clueless to edit out something so important to the game.

Both the game as aired and the game as played were fabulous OPWs though, well done Nicola!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:13 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

It must have been a tight edit though. Perhaps they could have cut all the banter about the banker being painted in the nude though.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

They didn't include an offer...? That seems very odd.

Anyway, an amazing game. Big congratulations to Nicola!

[I'm also glad Noel mentioned John's daughter being 4 and not 5..]

Phil 09

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:45 am    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 26/03 Nicola

Yes. Congratulations, Nicola. :D Just the sort of game we needed to see and you obviously read the Banker very well.

Although, and I know it's not the fault of the players but this editing lark does seem to take some of the spark out of each contestants game. But that said, they only have 45-50 minutes of airtime so can understand that, otherwise Channel 4 News would probably end up starting at 11pm. :lol:

Phil.

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]