Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:42 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:42 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:54 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Warnings: 0
KP wrote:
Has the 21st box-opening been done by anyone other than Noel before since the black-and-white-label era? I know there were a few very early games where the contestant opened their own box, I think mostly or entirely when the OPW was already secured...

Aside from that, it was the twist-free game we wanted, and it turned out to be a classic low-stakes chase-the-money game with an ending that felt better than it was, if you get my drift.

In 50 show Lucy's game, Fin opened Lucy's box rather than Noel. Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:35 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Marilyn's son opened her box in her game - that was about a week before 50 show Lucy

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:38 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

James1978 wrote:
That was rather surreal with Shahid having to open the box that was going to be May's winnings (if anything that was more tense than Noel doing it!), but one of those games where £5,000 feels like a lot more! It took be ages for me to figure out why Shahid couldn't open May's original box after she swapped, but of course they do the seals different for Shahid's boxes so he can open them!

I felt really touched when she said there wasn't any point in her being there, it was really sad, so was praying the swap paid off, theak goodness it did, a quid would have been horrible!

I assume that Shahid picks out the ball, then they find the box he's picked and change the seal so he can open the box.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:56 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

greeny wrote:
I assume that Shahid picks out the ball, then they find the box he's picked and change the seal so he can open the box.

Yes. I was in the audience for one of Shahid's games; once he'd chosen his box number, the box was taken away by the independent adjudicator who then changed the seal and brought it back.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

They did it for Rob too, if I remember correctly...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:46 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Wow, I got quite emotional during that - May personalised the game so much and got everyone on her side (especially those in the studio by offering them a stick of Southend Rock! :lol: ), and I'm sure by the end everyone was praying that the final gamble would pay off, and thankfully it did!

It was really heartwarming hearing how much she had enjoyed the experience on the show, and good on the banker for keeping her a pep talk when she seemed a bit low thinking she had no purpose in life, which was a ridiculous thought for her to have I might add. She has had her fair share of grief in her life, but has triumphed through adversity, and deserved a decent sum, and the way her game had gone, that wasn't a bad result!

(Although today unfortunately continues the Sunday bad luck trend, with only 1 player in the last 8 winning above £6,750)

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:15 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

I have to confess i found that game rather depressing in places, not just because it was yet another game all but devoid of good luck but because May herself got rather maudlin towards the end. It says something when it's left to the Banker to put a positive spin on proceedings.

Having said that there was a raw honesty and openness to May's game that was a refreshing change. I've always admired players who are prepared to wear their heart on their sleeves even if it isn't always to their advantage and if nothing else it did bring home just how closely the contestants bond during their time on the show.

I'm just glad May won a red, if she'd gone home with £1 I think I would have been slitting my wrists

For me that was the Ingmar Bergman movie of Deal Or No Deals, not exactly fun to watch but still compelling in it's own way

With regards to Shahid's box I noticed there's a wire hook on the side for him to lift the lid by, i assume this is the adjustment May was referring to, I must admit to me the seal didn't look any different, though it may be something i'd only notice in direct comparrison

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

There's an additional loop attached to the seal for his box...and like I commented earlier, Rob also had it for his boxes too last summer!

He has what looks like a pole to hook over the seal to rip it, and then what looks like an actual hook to lift the box lid...quite clever really!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:12 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

travis P wrote:
I suggest you watch Push the Button as that is definitely fulfilling your request at the moment.

Never heard of that show

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

killersbee wrote:
travis P wrote:
I suggest you watch Push the Button as that is definitely fulfilling your request at the moment.

Never heard of that show

Well you should check it out. They have got a 100% success rate at the moment and one show has already given away over £75,000, something you have been craving for.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

It sounds good, but it's not the same... :eyes:

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]