Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 pm Last visit was: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:26 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Warnings: 0
Round Six Stats

Mean: £2,500.50
Absolute Balance: -5
Significant Balance: 0/1, -1
Fair Deal: £1,285.61
Volatility: 5,000

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

The banker says he picked up on something. He speaks about the Christmas Star shows that the show used to do, and says that lots of people nominated for May to go on the show. He also says the rock manufacturers are pleased she's here. :lol:

Banker's offer:

£2,000

The SWAP is guaranteed if she goes on.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:28 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

May says NO DEAL

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Banker's offer:

SWAP

May says SWAP

The remaining box is with Shahid so Noel doesn't physically swap the boxes.

Shahid opens his box 22 and May wins £5,000 :D

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:30 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Noel needs a telling off, he should've held the box open for a few more seconds :-D

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Box 14 (opened by Noel) contains the £1

Noel says it's great that May has experienced happiness here which she may not have experienced elsewhere in life.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:31 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Ahh, at least she got £5,000 at the end but dammit, she deserved that £100k, but the randomising denied that win :roll:

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

The banker phones back and says he knows how important Mother's Day is to May, so he delivers a big bunch of flowers for her. :D

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Stop it! :evil:

So we're going through a patch at the moment where the prize money is a bit stretched, so what? We still get memorable finishes like that! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

BoxClever

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:45 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

There was a lovely raw honesty and emotion to that show. And May was anything but a ‘doddery old lady’, playing an astute and determined game right to the end. Congratulations to her on her £5,000.

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Shame about £100,000 going when it did, but £5,000 is still a good result. When the banker called back at the end I thought he was going to offer extra money, that hasn't happened very often though.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:14 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

The Banker works in odd ways, that's for sure

Season 5 really needs a big win now in order to keep the viewers interested as it's getting a little tad dull, even though we've had a lot of entertaining moments in this Season, just look at yesterday's

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

killersbee wrote:

Season 5 really needs a big win now in order to keep the viewers interested as it's getting a little tad dull, even though we've had a lot of entertaining moments in this Season, just look at yesterday's

We had a big win a month ago with Justin. Also, I thought Huddy's game was pretty interesting. They did drag it out a bit, I'll give you that, but it made for some interesting psychological battles between him and the banker. It's more than just the money that makes DOND an entertaining show...

Ultimately, if some other contestant had played today's game, it would have simply been another game that never got going, but saved from a trainwreck by a lucky swap at the end. The fact that May personalised things so much made the game much more exciting. All in all, an OBW that felt like an OPW.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

Glad that May won £5k today. She took some gambles today but showed she was happy to face the consequences if things went wrong. Thankfully, they didn't and in a game where the offers never got to 5 figures, £5k is a decent enough win.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

That's the difference between you and the rest of us KB - you want to see big wins, we just want to see good wins, regardless of size etc

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

That was rather surreal with Shahid having to open the box that was going to be May's winnings (if anything that was more tense than Noel doing it!), but one of those games where £5,000 feels like a lot more! It took be ages for me to figure out why Shahid couldn't open May's original box after she swapped, but of course they do the seals different for Shahid's boxes so he can open them!

I felt really touched when she said there wasn't any point in her being there, it was really sad, so was praying the swap paid off, theak goodness it did, a quid would have been horrible!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

killersbee wrote:

Don't you mean Friday rather than yesterday?

Big wins = keeping viewers interested. Yep, eh mmm, are you aware the viewership at the moment is the same as it was this time last year? Perhaps the public would rather watch games that are entertaining and amusing, regardless whether they win big or not. Perhaps (as Davey pointed out) you are the only person who wants to see big win after big win. I suggest you watch Push the Button as that is definitely fulfilling your request at the moment.

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:26 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

IMO if i was may.......i just won a million quid! well done may, well done banker...u do have a heart, :D thats 2 old ladies u made happy 2day ;) i'm only 41 tho lol cheers banker, nice 1 xxxxxxxxxxx :D

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special
International Forums Moderator

Has the 21st box-opening been done by anyone other than Noel before since the black-and-white-label era? I know there were a few very early games where the contestant opened their own box, I think mostly or entirely when the OPW was already secured...

Aside from that, it was the twist-free game we wanted, and it turned out to be a classic low-stakes chase-the-money game with an ending that felt better than it was, if you get my drift.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:47 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/03 May - Mother's Day Special

KP wrote:
Has the 21st box-opening been done by anyone other than Noel before since the black-and-white-label era? I know there were a few very early games where the contestant opened their own box, I think mostly or entirely when the OPW was already secured...

I can't think of any. The speed round seems to be making a comeback - especially in the second half of the game.

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]