Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The banker says he's feeling pig sick. :P

Banker's offer:

£26,000

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

Noel says this is a lonely moment for Caroline as it's got to be her decision. She says she's only here once and she asks a couple of the others for advice, who say she's only there once but that it's a lot of money.

Caroline says DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

Caroline has £3,000 in her box 1.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

Box 20 with Eric contains the £75,000

Noel says Caroline can do everything she wants now. :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

Now that's how you take the old faithful the right way :)

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline
International Forums Moderator

It's a one-post recap for a game with more weird animal references than any since Russ the impersonator played.

Bit of horsing around from Noel before Steve reveals the biggie, but this board is certainly stable. Was that really a cracking start? Neigh! By which I mean nay, by which I mean no.

That's a good round though, two more blues and a mid-red. 15 micro pigs the offer, but too stable to take half the mean here.

Third round is pretty much in line with expectations for that board - lower red, Power 5, blue - and the Banker offers £NO_DEAL to take it to the ADP and to make her a little anxious once there. Two blues will calm her down: £35,000 won't, but that's still a reasonable round, with The Rock backing up the Lance final pair. Not to mention all three oranges! It's half the mean again, and it's not enough again.

Blue!... there's The Rock, now an orange will do... blast. Banker 'rewards bravery' with, erm, an offer that should be rejected. And is. Does it set up a big offer on a £75k-high finish? I'd expect £26k if the kicker is orange... oh, I forgot the last blue was the penny, and there it goes!! Minimum final offer £2k now... one bullet dodged... another bullet dodged! Now he can 'reward bravery' properly. And does. "It's got to be her decision", says Noel, and she makes the right one. A thoroughly well-deserved OPW, even killersbee can't complain about that one, and that's three OPWs out of four this week, and three £26k+ wins out of four! What a brilliant week!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matt26

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

The 5-box board was certainly interesting: 1p, the three oranges and 75k. £5,001 was really a poor offer considering the back-ups she had, so I'm glad she turned it down. From 7-box, I couldn't help but think that she'd have the penny all along, but I was glad to be proved wrong in that case.

Another great OPW and a big win, bringing the total this week so far to £96,000. :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

It's definitely been a great week so far for payouts, I just hate how often £26,000 is being offered, but we can see why because it's been taken yet again in both the last two shows!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:59 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

You mean 2 of the last 3 games - Aimee dealt £14,000.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

Indeed, two of the last three! :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

Another massive OPW. Fantastic!

I've seen £11k offered on that exact last 5 (Scott's game last summer) so to say that a £5k offer was rewarding bravery was totally wrong, but boy did he play for it!

And of course dealing old faithful is correct once you've seen that the lower amount is at the table. ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

Great game today - Noel's bizarre use of gaffer tape on his shoes to mimic Caroline's shiny shoes was completely random.

£5,001 was a poor offer for the 5 box board with 3 oranges left and old faithful was predictable but thankfully unlike earlier in the week, the £75k wasn't on the table.

How many £26k winners are we up to now?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:07 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

A really tense game. It certainly emphasised how much of an influence the penny can have on offers and it was such a relief when Caroline found it because it did look like it might hang around till the end

After such a roller coaster game it seemed quite apt really that Caroline shold have a two box scenario where either dealing or no dealing would both be acceptable. The £26k offer was certainly too good to dismiss out of hand but at the same time for anyone who could live with the worst case scenario there was justification in going on. As it was Caroline took the right decision, both for her and in terms of gameplay.

Interesting too that she had an almost identical two box to Debs just a couple of days ago - except with £3k instead of £5k and a more satisfying reveal

And it's proving another expensive week for the banker which is nice

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 25/02 Caroline

Simon F wrote:
How many £26k winners are we up to now?

Er... by my calculations that's the 26th player to win £26,000! (and not many behind the 1p club which is astonishing when you consider it's not even a box value!) That offer is getting a bit predictable, but it was perfectly pitched today, and I think I'm reluctantly dealing there.

That was a deceptively weak 5 box with 4 reds and the 1p, but low reds and a one-box game. Although I think the banker placed more significance on the 1p still being there with his £5,001 offer, rather than the 60% chance of at least a £1k consolation (and likely £2k if you opt out on £1k/£3k). The potential drop from £5k to £1k is far outweighed by the 4-5 time increase for keeping the £75k for me. Make it £6.5k-£7k though, and I'm not so sure.

Anyway, what a great week of games! :D

EDIT: Even the Irish Banker has used 26,000 Euros on a couple of occasions! :eyes:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]