Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Debs

Warnings: 0
Not sure what to make of that one.

First and foremost, it completely overshadows Eddie's game in terms of "big offers": practically replacing the £100,000 with the £250,000 for originally £1,000 LESS...AND with a further £6,000 in backup!

Second, £26,000 was offered in stone because for once it was evident we had a player who wanted to make the most of her one time in the chair, so kudos to her for admitting she was very close to taking the Gamble, before the box contents were revealed too might I add!

£34,000 wasn't a proveout "lie"; it was merely an egg on face approach in Huddy's direction...if Debs declined £26,000 then down to bravery it would have merited an increase, to £28,000 at very most, but because it was The One That Works So Often maybe it would have been offered again to convince her to take it this time...either way there was an arguable point of view that we were tantalisingly close to a well deserved £75,000 win...denied simply by mind games by The Banker...kudos to him!

Oh, and Wilson says it was £49,000 down the drain, nothing new there apparently; not mind games, but simply hot air as effin' usual! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

lcc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:37 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Debs

game that didn,t really excite today but gd win :smt023

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Debs

It's amazing how many times the £75k seems to be involved in final 2's with low backups lately . The advice from Huddy today was perfect (if, as KP suggested, setting up the prove-out lie).

The jump from £9,675 to £18k was a big one in the game when the offers went from decent but not dealable to very generous. With a 3-box game at 8 box, the gamble was justifiable but then she took a sensible deal and resisted a BG that had a lower reward value than Justin's but with a orange backup.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Debs

An exciting game, though I don't understand the Banker's newly acquired habit of upping the offer. He seems to do it in almost every game lately. Now, i could understand it if we were still in that run of unbroken red wins but he's had his fair share of blue winners in the past week, so he can't claim to be on the defensive.

Well whatever his reasoning it's leading to some interesting gameplay.

I thought Debs got out at the right time, i did think the 5 box offer was too good to turn down and I was convinced we were headed for another spanking. Surprised to see the Banker's Gamble with a red back up (not unprecidented i know but still it was a surprise). Seemed like a worthwhile gamble to me but i can understand if Debs felt she couldn't aford to risk losing £21k. Depending on one's financial position that's a lot to gamble.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Debs

Good game today with at least two hard decisions (well three if you include the deal at 5-box, but I thought that was an obvious deal). Can't complain at £56,000 paid out in 2 games! (even though some people will, sigh.....) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]