Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:06 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:06 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
killersbee wrote:
I don't believe it... :shock:

FINALLY!!! Someone wins more than £50,000! :-D :-D :-D

I can't believe I missed that game...

Irony! I have a nasty feeling you'll be going on about there being no wins over £75,000 now though...

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 pm    Author: Old Faithful    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

h2005 wrote:
P.S. Does anyone know anything about the banana at the end?

I'd imagine he took it out of one of the fruit bowls situated on the end of each wing!

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:10 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

h2005 wrote:
Irony! I have a nasty feeling you'll be going on about there being no wins over £75,000 now though...

Party pooper! :smt019

That huge win is more than enough to satisfy me for a long while as I now know that huge wins are possible

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:18 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

An amazing result given how early in the game Justin was going to pick Yaser. If Noel hadn't called a break at that point (presumably in anticipation of an early deal) then it could have worked out very differently.

£14,500 seemed a good offer and I was surprised Justin went on at that point. After the £18,500 deal I had a feeling that the banker's gamble would come into play but I wasn't expecting Justin to go for it as I thought Mia might talk him out of it!

Well done Justin on 75K and the holiday! :)

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:27 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

I was on the edge of my seat....he's a braver person than I am. :smt023

A Banker Spanking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:13 pm    Author: A Banker Spanking    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

There isnt really a greater show of guts than this. To go back into live play after seemingly dealing on an amount he was happy with is very impressive!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Where did that come from???

£18,500 was perfectly dealable, and with 10p in the balance, and his partner very worried about the thought of winning the latter, I wasn't expecting him to gamble...and I guess the £75,000 result was what the show needed...Love Week with a wedding sorted, and then cruelly taken away would have been near-impossible to bear with surely!

To quote Noel, this can't get any better!

Simon, your first visit to the Dream Factory, and you witness a real gem like this...I thought I witnessed a gem with Christmas Star Alan...but that was nothing compared to this haha! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

TicTac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 pm    Author: TicTac    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Wow, crazy game

Slightly bizarre that he implied he was looking for a deal at 10 box or whatever it was, then to no deal after the love god box after opening a blue, then to deal £18,500 when he was going to deal the bankers gamble

And it was a 1/40 chance of 2 correct love god predictions so that's pretty good going

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

I was really suprised at all of that - he looked like he went past his area of comfort even no-dealing after playing Yaser at 7-box, and thought he should have held that for longer. Then he looked happy with his deal, and I thought given some of the banker's gambles people have declined in the past (such as £8,800 on £100k/blue) there was no way he'd take it on. Then when he did he looked a nervous wreck!!

Good use of the BG though, becuase just as the 5-box offer was dealt then the BG dealt, it was also conceivable that someone could have no-dealt at 5-box then dealt at 2-box given how extreme the 2 box values were - the £5k was a useful back-up at 5-box I thought, even though not influential enough for me to have gambled.

Great result and what series 5 needed, and I'm sure he put us all through a lot of stress - but I'm sure if he'd ended up with 10p some people would have been calling him an idiot. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

matt26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

There was a BG on £8,800 with the £100,000 remaining? :shock: When was this?

The Banker's Gamble was arguable either way really. £18,500 was almost bang on the Fair Deal amount (around £300 short), though with the huge difference between the two amounts I reckon most people would have turned down the gamble.

I've suddenly realised how similar this game was to 75k Lynne's game. Not only did he have the same final two, but he also took out both the top two in the opening round, just like Lynne did! :o

jamesfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:22 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Well done, and thankyou Justin, you truly deserve that, you have given the biggest win so far of series 5, well done, lets hope more are on the way before series 6 hits our screens.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

h2005 wrote:
I thought Noel's comment about how the "purists shouldn't have a go" at him because he "doesn't have the greatest memory" was fantastic! Technically, Noel was wrong when he said £18,500 is the most anyone's given up using a banker's gamble, as Shaun gave up £25k on a £10k vs £50k finish (I think!). Although Noel may well be right that £18,500 is the most anyone's given up on a blue vs red finish.

I suppose that Shaun was only risking £15k though, since he had £10k guaranteed. Justin today risked £18,499.90, which I'm pretty sure is the biggest amount risked on a Banker's Gamble.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Well I'll go to bloody Stoke - Noel was actually right then! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Old Faithful wrote:
h2005 wrote:
P.S. Does anyone know anything about the banana at the end?

I'd imagine he took it out of one of the fruit bowls situated on the end of each wing!

Something like that. My memory of the none game-play stuff is a bit hazy but I think Noel had offered Yaser some fruit out of the fruit bowls (some of which was real) as he was a bit lonely sitting on the love seat and then offered Justin some.

An absolutely unbelieveable show to watch. After Jean's game, there was a good atmosphere which quickly vanished when the big 2 went in the first round. It seemed to drain some energy out of Justin and the audience too (hence there was virtually no reaction to the first 2 offers from the pilgrims). In fact, when the banker rang up at 11 box, he commented how quiet we had been and if we didn't make some sort of noise (cheering, booing etc) when Noel announced the next offer, he'd throw the entire audience out of the studio.

I certainly thought at the time that using the extra offer between 11 box and 8 box was a big mistake and was glad when Justin changed his mind. The second corrected prediction was a lovely coincidence and I thought the £14.5k offer was very well pitched - one where either decision was justifiable.

The deal at 5 box was a sensible one given there wasn't a great deal of reward for going on (other than having the perfect round) especially given the unpredictability of a power 5/1p or 10p finish.

As soon as it got down to 3 box, I started thinking about the BG (either that or the perfect finish) and it was one of those situations where the sensible me was thinking "don't be so silly - it's £18.5k" but the viewer in me was hoping to see a BG being dealt live.

The tension in the studio was amazing and to see the £75k being revealed was a brilliant feeling.

I was trying to rack my brain about the BG statistic (and to be honest, had forgotten about Shaun's game but give he was only risking £15k on his, I can forgive Noel for once).

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:13 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

MisterAl wrote:
h2005 wrote:
I thought Noel's comment about how the "purists shouldn't have a go" at him because he "doesn't have the greatest memory" was fantastic! Technically, Noel was wrong when he said £18,500 is the most anyone's given up using a banker's gamble, as Shaun gave up £25k on a £10k vs £50k finish (I think!). Although Noel may well be right that £18,500 is the most anyone's given up on a blue vs red finish.

I suppose that Shaun was only risking £15k though, since he had £10k guaranteed. Justin today risked £18,499.90, which I'm pretty sure is the biggest amount risked on a Banker's Gamble.

I suppose it depends how you interpret what he said. I thought he meant it's the highest amount that has been 'undealt', but going by your interpretation, Noel was indeed right!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

MisterAl wrote:
h2005 wrote:

That's why I was asking for a list of BG's the other week (but was trying to do it without revealing why).

The whole thing with Justin and Mia's long engagement made it the perfect game for Love Week and the great thing about the dream factory which doesn't apply for most gameshows filmed in large studios is that because I was sitting by the Love Seat, I had to walk past the crazy chair to exit the studio and I had to congratulate Justin personally and tell him that I wouldn't have had the guts to do what he did.

It wasn't until after the game that it struck me that this had been such a turnaround game.
This is the best screenshot I could get of me (I'm the one not just above the leaves wearing glasses)

Picture (c4) Endemol and C4 etc etc.

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:08 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

:smt049 fab result for Justin.couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.enjoy the holiday and all that dosh.

danavir7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 pm    Author: danavir7    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

todays game was very gd. It took alot of guts for him to say deal to the bankers gamble and was great when he had won £75,000. Well done Justin, you thoroughly deserved it and hope u enjoy the money! danavir

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:17 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

A classic game.

It was heading towards trainwreck territory early on but what a turnaround

Justin surprised me more than once, first by no dealing £14,500 and then by taking the Bankers Gamble. It was a brave decision and one that i was pleased to see pay off.

And for the second day running the Love God managed to successfully predict the amount in their box - Hmm. has anyone checked to make sure the IA isn't hiding behind the throne? :-D

Good to see Noel putting another Newbie at her ease with some kind words and a sympathetic tone :smt023

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:52 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

matt26 wrote:
There was a BG on £8,800 with the £100,000 remaining? :shock: When was this?

The Banker's Gamble was arguable either way really. £18,500 was almost bang on the Fair Deal amount (around £300 short), though with the huge difference between the two amounts I reckon most people would have turned down the gamble.

I've suddenly realised how similar this game was to 75k Lynne's game. Not only did he have the same final two, but he also took out both the top two in the opening round, just like Lynne did! :o

The BG of £100k/50p was Michael in January 09 - it was one of those where you knew how much the money meant to him, and he'd have been crushed to have been wrong either way - fortunately he had the 50p in his box!

Memories of Lynne's game came up for me too - but when you compare how calm Lynne was towards the gamble than Justin was, I thought she was doing the right thing for her but he was doing the wrong thing for him, even though her offer was higher (all personal circumstances and traits etc) :)

BTW Simon you did pick some cracking shows to be part of! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]