Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:25 pm Last visit was: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Warnings: 0
James1978 wrote:
matt26 wrote:
There was a BG on £8,800 with the £100,000 remaining? :shock: When was this?

The Banker's Gamble was arguable either way really. £18,500 was almost bang on the Fair Deal amount (around £300 short), though with the huge difference between the two amounts I reckon most people would have turned down the gamble.

I've suddenly realised how similar this game was to 75k Lynne's game. Not only did he have the same final two, but he also took out both the top two in the opening round, just like Lynne did! :o

The BG of £100k/50p was Michael in January 09 - it was one of those where you knew how much the money meant to him, and he'd have been crushed to have been wrong either way - fortunately he had the 50p in his box!

Memories of Lynne's game came up for me too - but when you compare how calm Lynne was towards the gamble than Justin was, I thought she was doing the right thing for her but he was doing the wrong thing for him, even though her offer was higher (all personal circumstances and traits etc) :)

BTW Simon you did pick some cracking shows to be part of! :D

The warm up guy can get you practicing 10 out of 10 cheers before the show but when you get an ending like that, you don't need to be told how loud to cheer and clap.

Muriel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:26 am    Author: Muriel    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

What an attractive young man. If it weren't for that Mia I'd definately be making a move in there.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:26 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

Muriel wrote:
What an attractive young man. If it weren't for that Mia I'd definately be making a move in there.

Hands off!

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:57 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

I really liked Justin (fellow Suffolk resident!), he came across as such a nice guy on the wings. So happy for him and Mia, he really deserved it! He did seem a bit nervous to start with and I have no faults with him dealing the £18,500.

To then Deal the BG was incredible.

Such a great week so far, and there's only been 2 games. Heck, it's been a good 2010 for DOND so far as well.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Simon F wrote:
James1978 wrote:
matt26 wrote:

The Banker's Gamble was arguable either way really. £18,500 was almost bang on the Fair Deal amount (around £300 short), though with the huge difference between the two amounts I reckon most people would have turned down the gamble.

I've suddenly realised how similar this game was to 75k Lynne's game. Not only did he have the same final two, but he also took out both the top two in the opening round, just like Lynne did! :o

The BG of £100k/50p was Michael in January 09 - it was one of those where you knew how much the money meant to him, and he'd have been crushed to have been wrong either way - fortunately he had the 50p in his box!

Memories of Lynne's game came up for me too - but when you compare how calm Lynne was towards the gamble than Justin was, I thought she was doing the right thing for her but he was doing the wrong thing for him, even though her offer was higher (all personal circumstances and traits etc) :)

The warm up guy can get you practicing 10 out of 10 cheers before the show but when you get an ending like that, you don't need to be told how loud to cheer and clap.

Is it still Mr Olver then? If so, then yes you'll undoubtedly have sore hands before Noel's even walked in! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

lcc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:27 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

good game but it made me laugh when he said "you still love me if i win 10p and she liked paused for ages i thought "god answer him woman she will be picking an expensive dress now :smt023

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:12 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Wow, what a game, just been catching up with the last few days after my jaunt to Bristol not-for-Deal-or-No-Deal!

The offers from 8-box onwards were testing, and shows the game is at its best when the player has tricky decisions to make. I really didn't think he would go for the banker's gamble, especially with Mia there, although in fairness she made it clear it had to be his decision. I think if it had been the 10p he would've be inconsolable, but fortunately it worked out, and it was a perfect situation to use the BG which makes it even sweeter when it pays off! :D What a game for you to see live, Simon, it must've been so tense in the studio!

Not too dissimilar from Gillian's final 5 which I saw last year, and she was offered £12k, so there was a £6.5k increase for having £5k instead of £1, which would make it much more of a deal for me, and I don't think I would have the bravery that Justin then had to take the end gamble.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/02 Justin - Love Week

Big-Davey wrote:
Simon F wrote:
James1978 wrote:
matt26 wrote:

Is it still Mr Olver then? If so, then yes you'll undoubtedly have sore hands before Noel's even walked in! :P

Looking at his website, it could have been. Felt sorry for him as he was wearing the most unflattering cherub costume.

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]