Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Joey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:56 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 03/01 Vikki

Warnings: 0
matt26 wrote:
Speaking of empty boxes, the banker mentioned how David the reverend found an empty box a long time ago. IIRC, they re-shuffled the boxes and forgot that the box would have had the £250,000. Seeing as how no other values were missing from the boxes, why didn't they simply say 'Right, the box should have had £250k in it, so now that value is out of the game'? I never got that. :?

Because in David's game, there was nothing in the box at all, whereas in today's game the amount had simply fallen into the bottom.

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:30 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 03/01 Vikki

Joey wrote:
matt26 wrote:
Speaking of empty boxes, the banker mentioned how David the reverend found an empty box a long time ago. IIRC, they re-shuffled the boxes and forgot that the box would have had the £250,000. Seeing as how no other values were missing from the boxes, why didn't they simply say 'Right, the box should have had £250k in it, so now that value is out of the game'? I never got that. :?

Because in David's game, there was nothing in the box at all, whereas in today's game the amount had simply fallen into the bottom.

That may be true, but forget about what happened in today's game for a moment. Only one value wasn't assigned to the box properly, so therefore, wouldn't it have been simpler to say, 'Since you would have picked £250,000, we'll continue playing without that amount on the board', rather than take in all the unopened boxes and reshuffle them?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:32 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 03/01 Vikki

Pleasant little game, a lot calmer than Fridays certainly.

The £18k offer at 8-box was a clever move by the Banker, just high enough to look tempting if you placed it on the board but not high enough to be a no-brainer. He read Vikki's circumstances perfectly, knew exactly what it would take to get her out of the chair.

Personally I thought there was one more round in it but i doubt i would have gone further, especially if that £38k offer is to be believed.

And on the subject of the box with the missing card, isn't this actually the 3rd time something like this has happened? I think everyone tends to forget about the first incident because it was the very last box to be opened. I suppose it would be too much of a coincidence for that to have been the £250,000 as well?

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:47 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 03/01 Vikki

The first time was way back when it was the black and white labels way back in February 2006 - and it was only £10!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:01 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 03/01 Vikki

Bearded Chris' game!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:44 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 03/01 Vikki

Hey guys, took a week off.

Vikki's game? I don't even remember her being in the wings the last game I saw (12/25). Either she got the fast track or I'm just not paying attention.

Not a huge fan of the new sparkly graphics package. It kinda takes away from the whole "underground" feeling the show championed at the start with the whoosh factor being taken up a notch, and I miss the gradient of colors on the numbers from blue to teal on the left and orange to red on the right. Oh well. I'll get used to it.

The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way about this game is the fact that Vikki threw to the second break saying how she was going to win the QM, how she was going to do it for the over-40 crowd, and so on - and yet there she is, dealing on the very next offer. I know, she probably didn't anticipate dealing at 8-box when she made her declaration, but still - I always get disappointed when someone who acts all blustery and determined suddenly goes wobbly a minute later. Then again, Noel's act with the fourth offer may have had something to do with it, as it made the £18,000 sound like more than it really was.

Joey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:30 am    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 03/01 Vikki

matt26 wrote:
Joey wrote:
matt26 wrote:

That may be true, but forget about what happened in today's game for a moment. Only one value wasn't assigned to the box properly, so therefore, wouldn't it have been simpler to say, 'Since you would have picked £250,000, we'll continue playing without that amount on the board', rather than take in all the unopened boxes and reshuffle them?

But at the point of opening the box in David's game, they didn't know that only one amount had not been placed in its box properly. They could not go on with the risk (however slight) that there was another box without an amount in it. That's why the only fair thing to do was stop the game and reshuffle the boxes having made sure that all remaining amounts in the game had been assigned properly.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:20 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 03/01 Vikki

Well done Vikki :smt023

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]