Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
KP wrote:
and we find out that the suppliers are hidden in the credits. Interesting, implies that product placement rules are still being upheld strictly when I've definitely seen sponsored prizes on other shows for the last couple of years.

Noel also mentioned, when he was talking about the holiday, that it was provided by icelolly.com (or something). However they didn't use a massive on-screen 'icelolly.com' graphic like they did during the summer specials...

maggieq

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:57 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

:smt114 loved Harrys game.he seemed happy with his win plus the holiday!the costumes are really good.love the extended ears lol!
Harry,have a really happy christmas.enjoy the spending the dosh.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

Ooh, I like it! Not sure about the whole 2 Santa v 1 Scrooge thing though, I liked the fact that last year and in 2007, your chances of getting Santa or Scrooge depended on what had been picked off the advent calender before, and that could have influenced the way you played. Now it's the same chance everyday.

They seem a bit desperate to give away prizes too, you have 5 boxes to find 1 of 5 values? It was funny seeing a pensioner get a trampoline though. I'd have thought the player could look at what the prize was before saying who they want to give it to though, to suit who best fits it?

Surprising good offers today even before 5-box. I had a really bad feeling about the game given Harry's circumstances, plus he seems an immensely popular guy both with the other contestants on on here. I was even sort of wanting him to deal at 8-box to shut Noel up, and it was double the offer I expected.

The editing of the banker phoning before Pommy opened the box was SO predictable though. They'd have never left that in if she hadn't had the £35k. Fortunately he had the perfect recovery, and the £10k was a fantastic ending. I think the players must all rush out now for any box openeinjg which is a red and the higher of the two final amounts. :)

Enjoy your 10 grand Harry, and hope it will make a big difference to you!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

chikikie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:27 pm    Author: chikikie    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

sensored

Last edited by chikikie on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:27 pm    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

So glad I didn't miss Harry's game.

I was rather surprised that Harry got such a strong offer at 5-box - more than 20% the top number. Granted, I'm sure the Banker expects the player to No Deal at that point given the one-at-a-time feature they get from Santa, but when the £750 went it left the Banker nowhere to go but an incredibly strong £10K that was imminently dealable. He didn't take it, and knocked out the top of the game in the next selection, but he was lucky to end up with a £5K freeroll and essentially get back the £10K he should've had four boxes prior.

Have to say, all the things surrounding the show today is the reason I prefer the UK version of DOND by leaps and bounds over the drek we get here. Between the Santa/Scrooge element, the mystery prize to Freddy (and the bit of comedy that came from that) and everything else, it's far more enjoyable to watch.

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

thanks for my comments of support everyone and 10k was the max i could get out of it, even if i did save box 9 (35k) i would have said no deal with 10k back up so would have ended up gutted at 10k instead of delighted, it will change my life and i wont waste one penny of it.thanks again. Harry x :smt023 :xmas:

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

It's great when someone wins a sum of money on the show that will change their life. Well done Harry, and all the best for the future. :smt023

chrisjoyce87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:07 pm    Author: chrisjoyce87    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

HARRYwoohoo!! wrote:
thanks for my comments of support everyone and 10k was the max i could get out of it, even if i did save box 9 (35k) i would have said no deal with 10k back up so would have ended up gutted at 10k instead of delighted, it will change my life and i wont waste one penny of it.thanks again. Harry x :smt023 :xmas:

Congratulations on the 10k mate , enjoy every penny!! Was good game !!

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:45 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

Missed your game Harry after waiting ages for it.......congrats to you ...enjoy the money xx

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:21 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

Great way to kick off the specials. a very entertaining game and it's great to see the money will make such a significant difference to Harry's life.

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:55 pm    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

fancy missing the game Lindy lou!! its available on 4on demand for a while yet so hopefully you'll get to see it!!!

chikikie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:13 pm    Author: chikikie    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

Edited

Last edited by chikikie on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:47 am    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

sadly i never got to keep it but i dont think the wig did anything for me!!! made me look a lot chunkier than i am!!! and those eyebrows!!! dear me!! not sure anyone would be interested in those in the bedroom!! haha!! :laughing

lcc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:20 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

yeah you did look a lot different harry i dont like the ears they are very strange :smt105 hope the money is changing your life bet your kids are proud :smt023 ...take care..xxx

chikikie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Author: chikikie    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

edited

Last edited by chikikie on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chikikie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Author: chikikie    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

edited

Last edited by chikikie on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:10 am    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

thanks honey but sure i was better in normal gear!!! made a brief appearance in the behind the scenes doc yesterday!!! woohoo!!

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

happy new year everyone!!!!! :-D

chrisjoyce87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 pm    Author: chrisjoyce87    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

Happy new year Harry , i enjoyed seeing the behind the scenes clip !

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:57 pm    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: 21/12 - Harry - Santa vs Scrooge Special

CHEERS!!! happy new year to you chris! so did i and glad they never showed anything sordid!!! haha!! :laughing

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]