Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:33 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 15/12 Monique

Warnings: 0
That game was definately swung by Peggy. I remember Monique's Mum being terrified to even open her mouth. I was at the far end of the row behind her - only recognisable by my out of focus gold necklace. However there was a good shot of Collydolly at the end of the second round.
I left at six too and spent the evening with my daughter.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:02 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 15/12 Monique

Kanga wrote:
That game was definately swung by Peggy. I remember Monique's Mum being terrified to even open her mouth. I was at the far end of the row behind her - only recognisable by my out of focus gold necklace. However there was a good shot of Collydolly at the end of the second round.
I left at six too and spent the evening with my daughter.

Yes, I spotted that - In fact, I was also in that shot, but it caught Collydolly a lot better, it has to be said... although I think the shot of me tomorrow will be much clearer...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:21 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 15/12 Monique

Interesting game with the twist at the end, although assuming that Monique would have turned down £7k with 3 to open, then she would have ended up with a 2-box offer of a similiar amount to what she dealt anyway.

The crux of the 3-box decision came down to whether the drop from £23k to £8k was one that the contestant would be happy with. Monique obviously wanted more than £8k so was correct in her decision to deal. The box contents were irrelevant given that I very much doubt she would have no dealt old faithful at 2 box anyway.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:21 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 15/12 Monique

A pleasant little game, Monique seemed really nice, a little excited but not overly manic, and by god she has a pretty smile.

A real cat and mouse game, with three monochrome (?) rounds. I remember thinking at 5 box - just before Peggy voiced it - that proceeding one box at a time would be ideal with that configeration, never dreamed it would come off though.

Thought the 3 box deal was very sensible, obviously it's a shame she had more than 3x as much in her box buty £23k is still a good result and by the sounds of it is enough to help out both Monique and her sister.

The Banker may have gotten the last laugh with this one but Monique can still be pleased with her result.

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:25 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 15/12 Monique

Very, very curious deal there; with a red guaranteed and only one box to open, even if she took out the £75K on the last box the bottom wouldn't fall out of her game. Granted, £3000 isn't quite freeroll-worthy, but still - you only have to open one box, not three, and you've got all the momentum by taking out the two remaining blues on the previous two picks. Fortunately, she only really misses out on another three grand - if she's dealing there for that much, no way she would've gambled at the end anyway.

The brainteaser for this game is: did the Banker's one-per-offer move cost him an additional £16K (as it inspired her to play on) or cost Monique an additional £3K (as she would've had to open that last box had she played on as normal)?

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 15/12 Monique

Well, I can answer that - Monique said during the recording that she would've gone on if it had been the regular round with 3 to open. I wonder whether she would've been offered 'old faithful' after that regular round, in which case the twist cost her a little bit.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:35 pm    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: 15/12 Monique

glad someone agreed with me, not often at 3 box is there no blue in play so i just thought she was a guaranteed winner no matter what at that point!!

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]