Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert

Warnings: 0
I just have this opinion that if the blue in contrast is a big one (£100 or more) then the offer should be at least £7,000...but yeah in general £6,750 wasn't too bad I guess...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert
International Forums Moderator

Nothing much to say about yesterday's game - other than to say that the comment about him losing his confidence when he entered the chair being a cause of his low win was codswallop, he went all the way anyway and his only escape would have been from being very low on confidence indeed. If indeed you believe confident players are gamblers, which is usually the kind of statement that marks you out as pro-risk-taking on this show.

Anyway! Two weeks to Christmas, and only a handful of regular games left for us to get an eight-box Deal. With so many twist games coming up I do wonder if the wings will all start to believe five-box, not eight-box, is the Acceptable Deal Point - and how many more blue wins we'll get in January as a result...

"Christmas has come early for the Banker", apparently. He certainly lucked out; a blindly ambitious player has the 1p, a much more modest target-driven player the biggie, with no other reds at the squashdown to boot. Noel incites the male players to be reckless; the females, apparently, are safe, because of Laura and Alice.

Well he's going to have a job persuading a working-class Scot to be reckless, that's for sure. Sure enough, he's unhappy at oranges being taken out. We've got a cautious player here, folks! Noel and the Banker pin him down as a targetist, first offer is a bit down on recent trends for a start that good.

Two blues and £50k make the board look a bit more conventional, in that there's damage all over it. It's still a strong board, Noel talks it up, Banker talks it down with a poor offer, nobody wants a second-offer Deal here.

Comedy interlude! And another one! Wonder if the violin music was another Bousfield composition, and if so whether we can hear it again and again. It's now a high-stakes two-and-a-half box game at halfway; the Banker criticises Noel for 'trying to upset Bev', when he should be criticising him for potentially costing him a lot of money by encouraging male players to plough on seemingly regardless. Oh, wait, the Banker is the Producer, and that's his job too, so we get £NO_DEAL as a third offer.

Noel emphasises one half of Corinne's finish, then the other. Both survive to the ADP, but critically so do both £75k and £20k, making that a superb round. Now, does the producer want a Deal here? No, he doesn't, he's offering absolute cack. Although even Noel offers cautionary advice here, that's probably to make the inevitable No Deal look 'braver'.

Oh.

£NO_DEAL at five-box, we're chasing the money... chase successful! "The banker says he wasn't expecting to have this conversation." Well, if you must offer £NO_DEAL, this is the chance you take! That's just about enough for me, and should be more than enough for him. And it is!

Seven OBWs in a row, but that's another one that doesn't feel too bad at all.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert

Another game in which the banker wins, that the 8th in row since Angela's game if memory serves me right, but like yesterday I don't think a single poor decision was made, just the luck of the boxes wasn't with the player, considering he couldn't touch the £20k. I'm hardly surprised about his deal, £20k/blue finishes have been yielding £5k max recently even when the blue is high.

Just the total bummer was round 5, most people would have been shell-shocked after that.

Really pleasant old chap too. He still seemed really happy with what he won as well and less bothered about missing out on the £20k than i would have been! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:39 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert

Another game that never quite took off, but at least Bert got some decent money out of it, although even when he took the respectable offer there was a sting in the tail with £20k being there! Still, he seemed happy with his win and not too bothered about that, and I think a lot of people would've done the same thing in that situation, the banker played it sensibly on that final 2.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert

Shame he didn't have the £500 as it would have been an TPW to break the run of OBW's. £12k was enough to get a player to deal at 5 box with the QM in play and not much else but at 8 box with 2 back-ups, it's a woeful offer.

Second day running, a player has hit the highest 2 boxes in play at 8 box (which is approximately a 1% chance of happening) and it looked like game over. The 2 box offer was probably just about right and I think I'd have taken it too.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:18 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert

Another fairly unlucky game. Not a bad outcome all things considered though once again it was a shame to see the red in his box after that deal.

matt26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 am    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert

KP wrote:
£NO_DEAL at five-box, we're chasing the money... chase successful! "The banker says he wasn't expecting to have this conversation." Well, if you must offer £NO_DEAL, this is the chance you take! That's just about enough for me, and should be more than enough for him. And it is!

Seven OBWs in a row, but that's another one that doesn't feel too bad at all.

I didn't think the 5-box offer was that bad. It's the same as Mary got offered on a similar board, and she dealt. I don't think I'd have taken it myself, but if someone feared winning a blue, it's a dealable offer.

That wasn't a very lucky game all in all. Still, £6,750 isn't a horrid result; it's just a shame that it's yet another OBW. Surely a big player victory must be coming up soon...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert

I really pray for a Spanking, or else The Banker is gonna be unstoppable during the Santa vs. Scrooge week

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:12 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Bert

That's still a week sway KB, it doesn't start until the 21st, so there's plenty more time for a spanking before Scrooge v Santa.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]