Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:50 am Last visit was: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:50 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

yellowzebra8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:09 pm    Author: yellowzebra8    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

Warnings: 0
Me and my mum were literally in tears watching this game. So sad and such an emotional ending for a lovely warm woman. May we never ever see a game like this again.

Profile E-mail  

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

What an amazing yet horrible game that was! I couldn't believe that she turned down all of those big offers in the game's later stages. I'm not sure if there was some crafty editing at work, but she seemed to turn down all the offers extremely quickly as well. I'd have never put her down as a big gambler based on how she was on the wings.

I'm still having trouble taking it all in! She took it incredibly well, I have to say. She looked like she was the least upset person in the room!

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:13 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

DanS wrote:
She deserved the quarter million without a doubt. When we get all these people here who cautiously deal and squander the £250,000, to have someone like her decline £88,000 and go away with the 1p, as childish as it may sound, it really isn't fair.

Unfortunately I read the spoilers the other day so was expecting a 1p or 250K win.

I'd say 75% of me thinks good for her and why couldn't she have won the QM instead of Alice with it making a change from all the caution we've seen this season but the other 25% thinks that maybe it was pretty misguided to turn down more than 70K after giving us enough tension in the final round anyway.

Overall I liked her attitude though.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DOND Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:19 pm    Author: DOND Addict    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

Oh god, I can't believe she turned down £88,000 on such a massive gamble. She went on about how she'd never had anything and always reused teabags and such, so why the hell didn't she take such a massive sum. At that age it's not even like you might be going for a mortgage (and that amount would have helped you loads anyway), so why didn't she take it? I'm sorry, it's one thing to go for the jackpot, but surely gambling £88,000 with a 50/50 you might get nothing is pure folly.

I mean who would go into the bookies and hand over £88,000 with the chance they'd get nothing back?

She just seemed determined to go all the way regardless, and I bet she regrets it now. £88,000 would be a very nice sum for a lot of people in their later years.

Oh dear :(

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

And that my friends, is the reason why we will never have another QM Winner! :(

What a Hero!

But don't be surprised if the next 21 games all involve 11-Box Deals...

DOND Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:22 pm    Author: DOND Addict    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

Turning down an offer relatively near to the 2nd biggest prize. I just think it was so foolish!

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:22 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

Um, yeah... speechless after that. :shock: Just the most extraordinary game of Deal or No Deal that has ever (or will ever I expect) been played. She came for her dream of the Bentley and seemingly no offer was going to shift her! I think even if the banker had offered £100,000, she'd have turned it down (and perhaps even the mean £125,000 :shock: ).

She was just so incredibly serene through it all, and that not reaching her target would be a minor setback. All the other contestants (and pilgrims no doubt, and of course Noel) were going through all the emotions, whereas she didn't even flicker when £88,000 was announced! :shock:

It's rare that you would have an offer that high and no advice was offered (at least, that's how it appeared on the edit) as players probably realised it would be a waste of time! I admire her positive spirit to chase her dream in the face of a ludicrous gamble 99% of people would take, but she didn't seem that upset by it going wrong, so it was probably the right decision for her. I was hoping the spoilers were wrong and that she'd won £250,000, but sadly not to be.

For tension, though, you won't get a better game than that!

Last edited by StatsMan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

Well what a mixed reaction to today's game

I have to commend her guts and bravery and really thought she was going to pull that off but unfortunately it wasn't to be :(

She can take her place alongside Andrew and Michelle in terms of courage but I do hope now today's result will not have an adverse effect on the other players

Time to dust themselves down, pick themselves up and get the momentum back or the big guy is going to walk all over them in the run up to the Christmas games

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

A Banker Spanking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: A Banker Spanking    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

DOND Addict wrote:
I just think it was so foolish!

Shes in her 70's and has survived a few serious illnesses. She came as she said for the dream. She wanted a Bently for 60 years. Whats more time going to do.

Most people (me included) in that 2 box situation would have taken the 88k and ran. Not everyone is motivated by money though.

Profile E-mail  

A Banker Spanking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: A Banker Spanking    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

killersbee wrote:

The cycic in me says you probaly will in a year or so when DOND wants someone to win it! Bankers Gamble anyone?

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

Indeed, Richie

But don't be surprised if the next contestants start dealing way too soon, cause then The Banker will walk over them in the run-up to the Christmas Week

DOND Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:48 pm    Author: DOND Addict    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

How much would a Bentley cost then? Surely not that much.

I just hope she wasn't influenced by previous games making her think she should go all the way, so that Noel wouldn't berate her and viewers wouldn't be disappointed.

Actually I think Noel wanted her to take the £31,000, he seemed to stress that it might be a good idea. Or the production team wanted that, thinking about my theory that they tell Noel what to say. I somehow imagine that from a production point of view, a little old lady (although she's not THAT old) winning nothing is not what they want. I imagine, from a production point of view, it's different if a young person loses, as they still have all their life to make something of themselves, whereas if an old person loses, it's like, oh, that's it.

Profile E-mail  

DOND Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:56 pm    Author: DOND Addict    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

But when she got down to the 1p/250,000 finish and said it was a dream finish, Noel was going, who the hell would see that as a dream finish? Like it was a nightmare outcome. Well, she got offered £88,000 on that finish, so how on earth was it a nightmare in any way? Surely if you keep the £250,000 and anything else in the last two, you've pretty much got a dream finish if you want to win at least a 5 figure sum. I mean even with the 1p i.e. lowest possible value in play, she was offered nearly a £100,000. Oh dear!

Profile E-mail  

DOND Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: DOND Addict    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

Another thing, I know the boxes don't have memories, but probability-wise, the £250,000 had come to the table twice in the last week, so she should have swapped.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:12 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne
Administrator & Global Moderator

DOND Addict wrote:
Surely if you keep the £250,000 and anything else in the last two, you've pretty much got a dream finish if you want to win at least a 5 figure sum.

I can understand where Noel is coming from. I think for most people, the banker would offer about £35k - £40k on a 1p vs £250k finish, and that would pose a problem in terms of gameplay. Many would consider that offer to be high enough to deal, but also low enough to no deal, and they'd probably rip themselves apart deciding what to do. And due to the psychological influence of the 1p, the offer could well be much lower than £35k / £40k. Therefore it's obviously not the best possible position to be in, compared to having a larger red against the £250k which would likely bring a higher offer, as well as a backup if things went wrong...

Corinne's attitude and game overall reminded me of Doreen from earlier in the year. However, Doreen's 8-box offer (£20k on 7 blues & £250k) and 5-box offer (£50k on 4 blues & £250k) were much more generous than Corinne's. The difference being of course that Doreen wasn't blinded by the £250k, and she ultimately did the right thing by dealing at £50k.

I never thought someone would gamble such a huge amount of money with just 1p as a backup, but I suppose it had to happen some day. It's a shame for Corinne that it didn't work out, as it would've been the first time the £250k has been won by taking a crazy gamble!

By the way, when they were introducing today's show, did I hear the Channel 4 announcer say that it was going to be the "best show ever"? Perhaps he enjoys 1p wins! :?

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:12 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

killersbee wrote:

So you are now blaming it on somebody not taking the swap. You say some stupid things.

killersbee wrote:
But don't be surprised if the next 21 games all involve 11-Box Deals...

So the next 21 games which will feature 9 games using the 5 box twist for Scrooge Vs Santa will NEVER happen on the basis the next 21 contestants will be dealing at 11 box.

I thought Mark would say something regarding today's game, oh hang on.

Mark wrote:
Argh! Should've believed in her birthday number and should've swapped. Oh well.

No doubt KP will rip into Corrine and Noel (although he wanted her to deal) come his one post summary.

I had the tip off about today but didn't want to know the outcome so myself and folks watched it on C4+1. They thought she was going to win the £250K today. As I said afterwards, expect the unexpected.

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:15 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

h2005 wrote:
By the way, when they were introducing today's show, did I hear the Channel 4 announcer say that it was going to be the "best show ever"? Perhaps he enjoys 1p wins! :?

Glenn Hugill did confirm over on Bother's Bar last month today's show was one of best shows ever and one of his favourites but refused to give the date.

DOND Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 pm    Author: DOND Addict    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

I just kind of think about today's show, well it's a shame it wasn't the 3rd QM win, but at the same time it was an example of a ridiculous squandering of money.

Profile E-mail  

AnneM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:37 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

She did as she pleased and had nobody to answer to. Her dream was there but alas did not come to be. She was very dignified and I for one admire her very much. :smt023

Profile E-mail  

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:37 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 07/12 Corinne

I thought she was going to win the £250,000 because I read a spoiler that there were going to be 25 members of the 1p club by December 9th. I can't remember if the spoiler said "at least" but I don't recall those two words being used.

I do admire Corinne for her guts though. She gambled when the stakes were high and it unfortunately just didn't pay off. I'm sure if she had won the £250,000, people would be commending her for her bravery. And when you consider that £250k Laura only got an offer of £45k on a 2-box of £3,000 and £250,000, then the stakes were really really high.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]