Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:07 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:07 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel opens box 5 and reveals £3,000 :D

Box 4 with Freddie contains the £250

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

Well if the 1st offer had been a little lower, that would have been an OPW but in the end it's a feel-good ending OBW.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

Odd game - the 55 minute running time in the schedules suggested something special and whilst the £100k was in play, there was hope. Either way, the final decision was justifiable and although close to the mean, when a game is that bad and £250 is guaranteed, can't really blame her for going for it.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:36 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

Well, at least she got a consolation for her troubles, but once again, a Gambler gets an almost unlucky game

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

killersbee wrote:
Well, at least she got a consolation for her troubles, but once again, a Gambler gets an almost unlucky game

I presume you are basing her being a gambler on her time on the wings because there other than the final decision, there wasn't an offer to test even the likes of Beryl today.

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:41 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

I missed today's game, but it sounds like it had the most depressing first two thirds ever. In fact, it was a lot like £5 Irene's start from way back in 2005, only even worse. She even had a similar final five.

But it was good that she managed to get £3,000 out of a game like that. The only way she could've gotten more was to take the first offer, so for all intents and purposes it's basically an OPW.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:32 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

I loved the way the other contestants all rushed out to congratulate her when that £3,000 box was opened as if she'd won the £250k or even one of the power 5!

But I guess it must have felt like one after that bad luck!

I though it was due to finish 10 mins later than it did, so I thought we could have a Gaz-like recovery to £100k so was stunned when it went, and so thought we must have been in for a twist, such as one to open, though what the point of that would be on such a rubbish board was beyond me! REally glad there wasn't an all-or-nothing gamble too!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:35 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

It seemed like there were a lot of previews for upcoming C4 shows between DOND and the next show which would account for the 10 minutes between DOND ending and the C4 news starting.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine
International Forums Moderator

Ultra-brief recap again, as there's not a lot to say about this one again - when there's a game worth talking about more, I'll talk about it more.

Ugly game, all expectations destroyed very early on, but three grand at the end of it after the one financial decision of the game was a small-stakes gamble gone right. When your big decision is on a £3k-high final two you know your luck's out.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:05 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

The other thing which I couldn't stop laughing at was the cheering of the £500 and £750 being opened in the round from 8-box - very good safety nets on the board, and the £750 was indeed the second-highest amount after the £10k had gone!!! (the cheering was almost like like the banker's power 5 going in the openeing round! :) )

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:06 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

Yes, not much to work with today, and that must be one of the quickest paths to a one-box game ever, as Charmaine had knocked out the 6 sums around £100k before the first break! :shock: Pretty sorry tale when £1,400 is the biggest decision - rational mind to me says take it as £3k is not twice as good as the offer for me, however given that to get to that stage your board will have crashed, I'm more likely to think 'what the heck' by then and no-deal. Anyway, such a shame she didn't have anything to work with, and I thought it was going to be a really good game as it was scheduled for 55 minutes! :(

I wonder if a contestant's name also beginning in C and ending in E will play tomorrow... :ponder:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:08 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

awww that was an unlucky game but a lovely ending :)

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:22 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

Wow. I don't even think Jason's game was as much of a downer as today's. Then again, Jason seemed more able to cope with the game falling apart while the Banker was delighting in making people cry today.

At least she managed to salvage a modestwin out of an otherwise accursed game. The No Deal at the end was a bit surprising, but I guess the Three Digit Rule played into that decision.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:47 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

StatsMan wrote:
...I wonder if a contestant's name also beginning in C and ending in E will play tomorrow... :ponder:

Shush...

Not a nice game at all, you can always recover from the first round so I think it's fair to say it was that second round which knocked the stuffing out of the game...and from then on the only way it was going to be even marginally great was if the £100,000 at least made it to 8-box...even that didn't happen sadly!

£3,000 was a great consolation though!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

A Banker Spanking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:55 pm    Author: A Banker Spanking    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

Felt sorry for Charmaine. She never had a chance to win anything big. Though the game did have an uplifting finish with her winning 3 grand. Glad she has at least something handy to take away.

Contestants taking the swap on a 2 box game is proving very powerful at the moment.

So there completes a mixed bag week of -

2 players showing great bravery and winning 50k
2 players winning 22 + 23k but left wondering what might have been
and 2 players leaving with very little suffering poor luck early on.

Last edited by A Banker Spanking on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:34 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

Yeah was a pretty brutal game she had. Was starting to think she wouldn't be able to buy a sandwich for her mum let alone a sandwich shop. Little bit of luck at the end there. Some players with the same type of game may have been inclined to either deal or swap so a good job she resisted either of those urges.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:34 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine
International Forums Moderator

Things just didn't get started for Charmaine. Even the chance of a Gaz-style recovery didn't happen. At least £3,000 is a decent consolation, though players would perhaps prefer losing on a £3k - £250k finish than winning on a £100 - £3k one, having at the opportunity at least of winning big money.

She took it as well as she could in the circumstances, even with the banker being unusually evil by his standards. The show was effectively a game of random luck due to the poor offers, and the last one wasn't going to tax the brain too hard. To recover to £3,000 was an effort, but it shows how the game can turn, and thankfully it did this time!

Enjoy the £3,000, Charmaine! :)

Edit: Just scrapped an unrelated bit of this message. Realise a bit more research needs to be done.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/12 Charmaine

Not a lot you can say about that. A very unlucky game. Still all things considered Charmaine did well to get £3,000 - what Emma would have called smile money at least. In a game that peaked at £3,500 that's a good result

And is that the smallest ever win to warrant a pitch invasion?

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]