Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:51 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Warnings: 0
Glad I tuned in today. Clare is proving to be a gutsy lass. Simon is a lucky fella. Love her combination of dress and eye make up, very fetching. A daring dress considering her figure but she carries it off wonderfully. Looks like she is going to be a rich young lady too. Rooting for you Clare!!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel says what a crazy game this is!

Banker's offer:

£26,000

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Clare says that's a hell of a lot of money. She says she believes, and Simon says she knows what he feels!

Clare says DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Clare says she's brave and not stupid!

Clare has £750 in her box 8.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

And the £26,000 she deals. With the £75k having been to the table so much recently she made the right decision. Fantastic game and brilliant result:
:spank :spank :spank :spank :spank

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Box 18 with Ryan contains the £75,000.

Noel says Clare will now be able to fulfil dreams for herself and for other people.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

h2005 wrote:
Clare says that's a hell of a lot of money. She says she believes, and Simon says she knows what he feels!

Clare says DEAL

Would it be ever so naughty to say "I bet she does!!!" :smt046

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Fantastic! Enjoy the money Clare! :-D

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:13 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

AT LAST!!! :-D

Someone goes further than 5-Box and it pays off for once!

This is how DOND should be played, enjoy £26,000, Claire :smt023

matt26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Hooray! Someone gets generous offers for once! I was surprised that the banker offered £10,000 at 5-box; normally he offers more like half that. I was even more surprised when Clare turned it down.

A fantastic game! Enjoy the £26,000 Clare. :D

Also, is it just me, or does Ryan always get left until the end?

ffacoffipawb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:43 pm    Author: ffacoffipawb    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

h2005 wrote:
12 - Ronnie (opened by Ryan) - £15,000

Who remembers Ryan and Ronnie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_and_Ronnie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eca1S96Xavs

Takes me back ....

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

I was quite impressed by that game. Nice to see someone surprisingly turn down a strong offer for once and then extract old faithful from the banker.

IrishMike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:37 pm    Author: IrishMike    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

killersbee wrote:
AT LAST!!! :-D

Someone goes further than 5-Box and it pays off for once!

This is how DOND should be played, enjoy £26,000, Claire :smt023

Ummm.....Sunday?

Fantastic game Claire - see you in sunny Warrington!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare
International Forums Moderator

One-post time. Noel is talking up the games, while offering a slightly odd reality check in terms of warning against 'personalising the game'. Thankfully, he didn't seem to mention the final round... thank fiddle-di-dee for that, we can get on with Clare's game!

A hilarious remark about Simon being a gold-digger... oh are we really going to have a US-style mid-game proposal? Please, no.

There's the second Hull player StatsMan warned about... oh hull no, that is not a good round. Banker plays for comedy before the offer, and all things considered it's not a bad opener, one even Noel talks up. Watch him talk positively about the 'money ladder' after two good rounds.

And there's a brilliant round right there, and the offer is almost doubled. Still not enough, but there'll be a near-dealable third offer at this rate.

Not if the jackpot goes there won't be though. We get the obligatory joke offer, and Emma talking up the board makes the final edit once again. With wing members like this, who needs Noel to push the players on? (Although so far I think she's usually been right to, this certainly no exception.)

Looks like a decent round... oh. Offer goes down still further, and was that a pilgrim getting over-excited? Clare's boyfriend provides the excessive reality check in response to that excessive optimism, and with equal and opposite misguided remarks in her ears, Clare makes the right call this time.

And so it proves with a great fifth round, one that gets Noel talking up the turnaround. Oh Clare is a spiritualist... a spiritualist gambler no less, and she's following that against her boyfriend's wishes! This is going to be explosive one way or the other. I'd have gone on a board that dangerous myself, although it's not a huge-stakes game and it's not much more than half the mean so it's far from a stupid decision to play on.

Oh there's the backup... one blue... and there you have it! Remember Thanh? She had this finish and also gambled for reasons not remotely related to the mathematics of the game. She lost... but she only had The Rock to turn down at the end, Clare has Old Faithful and it'll be one of the most questionable gambles of the season if not the show's history if she goes for it here. She doesn't! And would have lost if she had!

Arguably even better than the result, though, is Mike's response to killersbee.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:22 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

I'm still watching the game when I can and 10 grand is ok with me......

Aitch,

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Great game there, there's something about Clare/Claire and Box 8, as we know from earlier this year! :)

She took two decent risks there and paid off handsomely, and you really get the banker's respect when you get offered Old Faithul on £75k/blue, even when the blue is the £750. The 5-box offer was more than I expected but it's swings and roundabouts as you earn good later offers if you turn good offers down then have good rounds! What she must have put poor Simon through though! :)

And now we have a Hull double act too, though I wish Dan had been put in Craig's position next to Harry, especially as they could have started him one show earlier!

But well done Clare - she also showed that girls don't have to think they need to be a size 8 to be gorgeous too! ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:37 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Yeah great game there Clare, was so looking forward to your game, you seemed so smiley and jolly in the wings. :-D You were brave to go on after the 10K offer and so glad you did and gave that banker a darn good spanking! FABULOUS 26K! :D Well done you! :smt023 Yippppppeeeee! :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:06 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

3rd day in a row that the player has had a decision with no real wrong answer statistically. £10k was a decent offer at 5 box and with no information about the £75/blue offer, it took some guts to no deal.

I don't know what it is but the £75k does seem to be the pivotal amount in the game a lot more than the other power 5 amounts lately.

Well done Clare - a brave but not foolhardy gamble paid off for you.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:16 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Beautifully played by Claire there, a very bubbly & positive young lady who showed a surprisingly strong nerve when it came to the board.

No dealing at 5 box was a risky decision and i did think her BF might be about to talk her into taking the safe option but well done to her for playing on, and thank God the gamble played off. £26k on the other hand was definately too good to turn down.

Fantastic result - and big up the Hull massiv. :laughing

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:32 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Clare

Great game, she brought a warm spirit and exuberance to the show and played it perfectly as it turned out - totally justifiable decision at 5-box, although I may have dealt without the guarantee. I'd be wanting close to £30k, but a blue/ 75k finish can be notoriously unreliable sometimes being sub-20k which wouldn't be worth taking the risk of losing it all for me. Although I suppose it's worth factoring in the banker's often rewards bravery, and today's decision took guts, but I wouldn't necessarily want to bank on him being generous!

As for the Hull double act, I can assure you that this is fully perfected by mid-December, with no prompting for Noel which made it rather bizarre... :roll:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]