Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:31 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:31 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:42 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
That is a really trickey board says Noel. Rio's wife joins him at the pound table.

Rio says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Round 5

16 -£50 Craig

5 - £1,000 Rob

15 - £250 Emma

Banker time

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio
Administrator & Global Moderator

Strange 5-box board with that block of the 'Banker's Power 5'. Not much better than a 4 blues / £75k board really...

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

That is a massive relief says Noel.

Banker's offer:

£5,000

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:48 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

omg i'm gonna cry

Last edited by nevadajo7 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

That is chunky smile money says Noel, and asks what £5,000 would do for them, they say it would help a lot as they have some debt. Rio is really stuck now and is not sure what to do. Emma tells Rio that he really needs to decide if he is happy walking away with smile money or wants to risk it for life-changing money. Rio's wife tells him not to think about home, and if he wants to go for it she will support him all the way. Noel asks Rio if he is ready for the question, but Rio is still struggling with the decision.

Rio says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Round 6

Rio is keeping box 4 to the end

8 - 50p Ryan

10 - £1 Kate

20 - £75,000 Michelle

Banker time with 1p and £3,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

The bravery was not rewarded says Noel. The Banker says he loved that as the killer was in the last box. If he had found the 1p the offer would have been £26,000

Banker's offer:

£900

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Rio says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

The Banker calls and offers the SWAP

Rio says

SWAP

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Rio now has box 4

Noel opens box 4 and reveals 1p

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Peter with box 9 contains the £3,000

Rio becomes the 25th member of the 1p club

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:05 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

It's always upsetting to have someone keep a big amount in play for so long, only to take it out in the last box. :(

He started well, and then it was dreadful luck from there onwards... He seemed very tempted to take the £5,000 actually, considering how much time he spent thinking about it. It's also games like these that make me dislike swaps. The way I see it, if I didn't swap, and had the 1p, I'd say, 'It's a shame it wasn't in my box, but I guess it wasn't my lucky day'. But if I did swap and won 1p, I'd be thinking 'Oh my God, I just gave away £3,000' and regret it much more.

Season 5 hasn't even been on 3 months yet, and already we have 3 penny winners. :(

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

I was disappointed by that game as I read too much into the editing and I was almost convinced from the 2nd break that he would definitely keep the 75K to 2 box.

There seem to have been too many of these all or peanuts games from 8 box to 5 box in season 5.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:13 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio
Administrator & Global Moderator

I thought Rio was a nice bloke, so it was a shame to see his game go down the pan at the end. It always feels worse when it's via a swap.

I thought perhaps he should've dealt the £5k as he seemed to take so long deciding about it (Noel seemed to be trying to hurry things along too by asking twice if Rio was ready for the question). Although, if he'd dealt and missed out on a lot more, then he'd probably have been equally fed up (but at least he'd have had £5k extra in his bank!).

Still, there was nothing that could really be done about it - it was just another game where bad luck ate through it.

Phil 09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

That was a real sickener. :( But the real damage was done in rounds 2 and 3.

I thought a brave decision to no deal at 5-box with three blues and two reds still in play. but the killer blow was dealt in the penultimate box opening. I really wished it had been the 1p instead of the £75k as the offer would have been old faithful. (£26k)

I think some good advice from Emma once again and Rio and did say more need than want.

25th member of the 1p club, :( but he and his wife took it in good stead. A shame as he did look up for the challenge after being in the wings for 20+ games. (Seemed longer as just a regular viewer!)

As Matt26 said, three 1p winners and season 5 is slightly less than 3 months old. How many more I wonder before season 6?

Currently twenty five 1p winners, only two QM winners. Hmmm!

Phil.

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:07 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Would the banker have honestly offered as much as 26K with a 75K 1p finish? I doubt it. Like h, I thought Rio shouldv'e taken £5,000 especially as 1p 50p and £1 were still there, but it's always easy with hindsight and the brave gamble so nearly paid off.
Ironically £3,000 came to the table for the 51st time today, exactly the same amount of times as 1p :?

Phil 09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:18 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

No, no, no, Rico7.

The Banker said that had he taken out all of the blues at 5-box, leaving £3k/£75k at 2-box, the offer would have been £26k. Noel said it himself to Rio under a quiet and subdued breath.

Otherwise deal at £900 at which he no dealt before the Banker calls again to offer the swap. (Which personally I don't think I would have swapped).

Phil.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio
International Forums Moderator

One-post time.

Message of the day from Noel: you can stop being Wakey when it's a one-box game. Hands up who thinks there'll be a two-box game at eight-box and both of them will go in the next round. *raises hand*

Rio is 6'3", so he's tall enough to be a central defender... he might be better than his namesake on current form! Nothing conceded in the opening round, ten grand and four blues is cracking. So too is the hilarious use of the word 'coward' for something utterly unrelated to gameplay. Ten grand is an unsurprising, but still thoroughly decent, opening gambit.

Ooh, nasty. Not only do we have a huge hole in the board, but the Banker may want to use the missus against him. The offer is surprisingly high, almost as if the Miljoenenjacht offers were in effect. (That came back last night, by the way, and there'll be a recap tonight or tomorrow.)

He plays football? Wearing number 4, associated with a centre-back? The irony never ends! And that's just on the board, as we're left with - yes - a borderline one-box game at 11-box. Now that's what I call a Noel jinx.

No borderline about it now, we reach the ADP with a top two of £3k/£75k. The missus now intervenes in an Edmondsian manner by pinning blind faith on a 12.5% chance, and the offer is... notice how I didn't mention the 11-box offer, because he didn't bother with one... not enough, No Deal. Which he does in the end...

...one round survived! Does it matter that the three blues are single-coin amounts? I think the stakes are high enough that it doesn't. Five grand is dealable, and I'd want a guarantee on the £75k/blue finish to make me definitely gamble. Emma, who has felt like Noel's Wakeyist sidekick sometimes, channels the better side of Noel here... the missus says she won't stand in the way of a gamble either... and we get one!

Blast. Last box too. A very late winner for the Banker... it would have been £26k on a £75k-high finish? Oh I thought it would've been that on the peanuts finish, but with a £3k kicker it wouldn't take that much less to tempt me into gambling.

The irony is completed at the end, as a swap for the Wakey Box wins 1p.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Oh dear, another one joins the 1p Club :(

The damage was done after round 3, I sure hope this doesn't trigger the next wave of early deals

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]