Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

Warnings: 0
Now that's what I call, the lowest form of cruelty

Endemol, hang your head in shame :smt011

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:37 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

The only offer remotely worth considering for Caz was £10,000 at 11 box which was too low to deal at.
£20,000 would have been dealable imo but it was not to be, and after Alex's game yesterday
not exactly the lift we were looking for! :?

At least Noel was wearing a good shirt today! :lol:

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

Well that was just plain cruel, and after yesterday I didn't think the game could get much more cruel! The offers towards the end were abysmal, the only decent one being £1k on the £100/ £3k finish - and even then, the banker had to add in an extra gimmick to deny her that!

£1k would've been a reasonable consolation on the finish she left, but Caz basically had no option but to go on when the all-or-nothing twist was offered; the offer of £1k was too low now on an effective £0/ £6,000 board, and the potential regret of taking the consolation £1k was now clearly increased by the highest sum being doubled. I think the offer should've been doubled to £2k, at least then the show could've ended on a positive note - although we know the banker doesn't like too many of those!

Oh well, can't get much worse from here...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Chancehereforutd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:00 pm    Author: Chancehereforutd    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

My heart goes out to Caz... I would've played the game no differently with the boards/offers she had... a couple of the offers were :ponder: - £10,000 with the top 3 in tow... not sure about that Mr. Banker...

Very harsh ending but thats why we keep coming back....

Unlucky Caz... it can only go one way from here guys!

Penny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 pm    Author: Penny    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

I'm watching this late with three boxes to go. Poor Caz! She looked so deflated. :(

Penny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:30 pm    Author: Penny    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

Oh no! Poor chick!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz
International Forums Moderator

One-post time.

Office monkey moonlighting as a singer? Watch out for her on X-Factor 2011! The rest of the introduction is utterly bizarre... ear we go!

Crikey, this is unstable already. If the Banker wants an 11-box Deal, he might be able to force one quite readily here; almost nine grand at 17-box is awfully indicative of a genuinely dealable mid-game offer to come.

Next round, and the intensity cranks up yet another notch with a blue/£50k/blue round. The offer is kept down, as if the Banker suddenly realised the potential for his strategy to lead to an early Deal.

Peanuts, peanuts... how dramatic do you want this game?!? Top three and rubbish at 11-box is an extraordinary position, utterly dramatic; ten grand's not enough, something in the teens would warrant serious consideration for most players.

Quickie! Oh. Apologetic put-the-mockers-on comment! Oh. Olly's game collapsed in round 4 too, you know... aah, orange. The Banker does not make an eight-box offer... blast.

We'll speed through the rest... oh, hello, the orange is still there at two-box... a grand isn't far off the mark, but it's going to be chase-the-losses time... oh it's now £1k on a £0/£6k decision, the Banker ironically rewarding her for not instantly taking a gamble.

And it's a novelty oversized cheque for nothing! </Andrew_O_Keefe>

Well there's one other unintended consequence of that - if the player was that upset by that collapse, at least one and probably more than one of the 21 contestants on the wings will deal at 11-box in their game. I bet Endemol didn't want that!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:19 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

When we got to 2 box at 6.45 on More 4, I could sense a twist and what a twist it was. Going for the Double or Nothing was statistically the right decision but it's interesting that winning nothing seems to be a lot worse than all the people who have won only 1p more.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

Oh what a cruel game. Caz never really had a dealable offer and had no luck with the boxes either.

Not a lot you can say about it really, that double or nothing offer was too good to pass up but it just didn't work out.

Real shame.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:20 am    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz
International Forums Moderator

That game just didn't get started. The best offer was the first one of £8,800, the next two not far behind, though none of them were really worth dealing.

I don't blame Caz for being upset, it's hard to pick yourself up from relentless bad luck. £6,000 would have been a good reward had the gamble worked, and I'm sure the majority would have done the same in Caz's shoes, even in these times.

Thinking about it, I'd guess about 10% of 2-box boards would be suitable for Double or Nothing, with the maximum amount doubled £10,000. That would mean 5% of players winning nothing, if given a forcing offer. The '0p' club would grow faster than the 1p club at that rate.

Not much else to say. At least there's the memories, which money can't buy. A small consolation in this case, though!

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:39 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

aww poor caz :cry: u r a luverly lady... take care babe xxxx

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:58 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

The worst thing about a game like this is that it's the sort of game that sends the show into a long losing streak. Between this game and Alex's game yesterday, I'm starting to get worried. Hopefully the players in the wings can shake this run off before we have another swoon like we had in mid-September.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:44 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

That's what I'm fearing right now, were gonna end up in that cycle of Blue wins and squandered reds, like 2008 all over again :(

lcc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:53 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

awww poor caz had a feeling she should have gone at £10,000 there was to much negativity going on in her game it was a bit dull and with her luck i was so suprised taking the gamble at the end she should have cut and run obviously not that desperate for a grand think some people lose sight of the money being offered sometimes :ponder: hard luck caz life goes on eh????

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:19 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

There have actually been more members of the "Nothing club" than there have been winners of the £250,000. Considering that nothing is only won if it's a special twist, that's quite terrible.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:19 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

Aww that was soo sooo sad, :cry: I so felt for poor Caz, she looked gutted. I would have gone for it too, such a shame. :smt009 Hugs to you Caz. :smt058

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:16 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

A cruel game indeed but was it just me but Noel seemed to have a kind of sick glee in rubbing Caz's nose in her own demise. It was an occasional comment on the old C4 site that he could have a cruel streak himself and become somewhat less than impartial and if that is in any way true then it was in Caz's game. Shame on you, Noel :smt011 :smt011

yellowzebra8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:08 pm    Author: yellowzebra8    Post subject: Re: 12/11 Caz

Why is Caz's 0p win not in the Hall of Fame???

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]