Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:17 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:40 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Ginge

Warnings: 0
It's judged on the contents of the box on the table, which was box 2 with £750, so it was an OPW.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:20 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Ginge

Well, that was a good game, I liked Ginge's attitude, it seemed like she would go for the end gamble for quite a while, but her husband gave her a bit of a reality check and that swung her decision at the last minute. Although, today was a case where either decision would've been justifiable I think - I would've opted to deal as well.

The hypothetical swap ruined it a bit for me, we know it's a device to guilt-trip the player either way, but it's ridiculous to suggest a box on the wings was the one they were selling and realistically imply that they would've had the nerve to risk swapping away a big amount, in this case £75,000. It's totally irrelevant, it was an OPW and everyone should be encouraged to celebrate it that way.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:03 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Ginge

Wow, tough game, some really bad luck and a great turn around. Ginge played it just right, holding her nerve, it looked like she got talked out of the final gamble by her other half there, but that could be down to the edit.

Think either decision was justifiable at the final offer, not sure i would have wanted to go away with just £750 but at the same time £17k was a little under what I would have wanted for that final pair.

Out of interest is that the first time the Banker has initiated a hypo swap? Normally they only come about because the player specifically asks for one (or if the £250k is still in play)

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:17 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Ginge

Great game again. An OPW for me, especially given the deal was at 2 box so there is no doubt unlike a 5 box deal where we don't know for certain what the player would have done at 2 box.

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:34 pm    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 09/11 Ginge

Almost a mirror image of Lillian's game a few weeks ago. In both games, £750 and £75K were the final pair; in both games, the player had to decide whether to keep/take £17K or take the 50/50 shot at more than quadrupling the amount; in both games, they would've had it. (And I totally believe Ginge would've swapped, given the amount of emotion invested in Box 19.) Especially frustrating is the fact that she clearly had an itch to take a shot at it, but ultimately wavered.

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]