Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:31 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:31 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Warnings: 0
I think Stephen was the last conventional power 5 box win for 6 no-deals. I think the last that wasn't £35k was Mary in early January!!

But seriously that was great, exciting that there were 2 dealable offers for a cautious player before then so she wasn't just forced on, then 2-box was lovely to be guaranteed £20k. Season 5 hasn't been short of brave players but until today they mainly haven't had any luck at all. You could see it with the other players too how much it meant for the good of the group, it's the kind of thing usually reserved for 6-figure wins but it was similar with Jay's £20k last year after loads of blues.

And I thought Laura was one of the sweetest cutest things ever (though I didn't really fancy her as she looked too young!!) - though she seemed grounded and sensible and if I thought maybe the understated a big number going a bit, it was better than the other way round and she seemes prepared to go home with a blue if it came to it.

Lauras tend to go rather well at this game don't they? Even the two who dealt were big wins over the banker.

And h was right about Noel going senile - picking up the phone when it wasn't ringing was funniest!! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

maggieq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:41 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

:smt038 well played Laura.l had a good feeling about todays game.she took risks and it paid off!we needed to see a power five win.
hope her granny got the scooter lol!

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:58 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Long overdue Power 5 win! Well done Laura :)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:11 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Fantastic game, one of the best of season 5 so far certainly. Laura was a sweet character, maybe a tad naive, but you had to admire her attitude when the big money was revealed, she didn't seem to even flinch and remained confident that it would all work out for her - and how well it did! :D

£16k was an interesting offer (rather macabre with the duck threat!), but with 4 high reds in a stable block, it was worth another round, and £5k at 5-box was too low for me personally(although a deal there wouldn't be daft). Then, the end gamble would people would take with £20k guaranteed, so all the way to £35k for me. Although it took great courage on Laura's part to go on and nullify the banker's mind games by achieving a great OPW box win! Well done, Laura! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:33 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Fantastic game, so good it deserves a one post commentary

LoL! Laura really comes across well in her pre-game chat with Noel, she’s a tiny bundle of fun and perhaps just feisty enough to surprise us all. Bit dim though, as a history buff myself i can’t help wincing a little at her apparent ignorance. Still, how can anyone be offended by Laura... >Sigh<
Excellent opening round and :smt046 at Noel’s mixing up the East & West Wings. When the Banker started talking about any cash offers being redundant i thought he might offer a swap – or a history book. But that’s an amusing alternative.
Another strong round – and one of the best throw ins to the ad break i think i’ve ever seen from a contestant, I am loving this game. And that second offer was a bit more respectable too, stil plenty of mileage in this game though
Ouch the £250k & the £75k in the same round, that’s a setback, though Kudos to Laura for shrugging it off like that. She’s got a very karmic approach to the game. Ooh cheeky, asking for £26k after that round could backfire spectacularly but the Banker doesn’t seem to have taken offense
Another amusing throw in to the break, very few players bother to weigh up the game in that much detail or if they do they never verbalise it. A good recovery round too, the Banker has to go up after this...
Oh, now that’s a minxy offer from the Banker, i’m with Gary here, for £16k I’d happily sacrifice a cuddly toy. I would definitely bail at this point...but not Laura, either that toy means a hell of a lot to her or she really is determined to play to the end :shock:
And there goes the £50k closely followed by the £100k, it’s looking a lot more scarey now. But incredibly Laura doesn’t seem that phased. At least not until the offer comes along. She seriously looks as if she might deal now, will fear of the 1p mean this game finishes not with a bang but a whimper?
But Laura doesn’t deal and she pulls off the perfect round, a £20k/£35k finish, Amazing.
And there’s the £26k she asked for earlier. I know i already dealt but in this situation i say go for it, £20k is a perfectly acceptable consolation prize. And that’s Laura’s thinking too.
I almost don’t care what this is, the £20k is still a good result but Laura deserves £35k and the game needs this victory so much...And i’m punching the air because it’s the £35k, Laura’s spanked the banker.
Oh wow, the players have deserted the wings, goes to prove how much this win was needed – and how well thought of Laura was i suspect. An excellent result and the best game of season 5 for me.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:49 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura
Administrator & Global Moderator

I did find it amusing how they all rushed around Laura at the end. It was just like the £250,000 being won, except there were no confetti cannons, no special lighting and no special music!

When Claire won £35,000 from her box, we were really pleased for her (of course) but it didn't feel as though it were anything special, because there had been so many healthy red wins before her game! Today's show must've been a real milestone for the current contestants though, having seen so many games-gone-wrong.

I wonder if the Radio 4 programme got Cal and Laura's game result muddled up...

P.S. Something else that mustn't be forgotten is that there have now been 2 "banker spankings" in a row. :D

Will there be a third tomorrow?

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Finally. FINALLY!

Such a great feeling to see 1p jump out of the box. And then seeing the perfect 5-box round. And then having the big number in the box.

I've been waiting for Laura's game for about a week, and am so glad she had a big win.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:27 am    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Yay! What a fabbie feel good game and brilliant tension especially at the end! Classic DOND magic! Yippppeee for a fabbie win for Laura! WOW 35K! EXCELLENT!

XxdreamerxX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:57 am    Author: XxdreamerxX    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Wooooohooooooo!! Finally a power 5 win, from a game i have been waiting for! From the offset, Laura came across sensible, fun and very cute and it was clear she was well thought of by the contestants. Her game was fantastic, she played it brilliantly and i loved the way all the contestants came out to her at the end (Noel did look bewildered) - it just showed how much she was liked, and how much that win meant to other contestants!

At first i thought she was a bit naive, but she handled herself excellently, and thats what Deal's all about. Without doubt the best show of the season so far - go Laura, and congratulations! enjoy every penny of the £35k :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

h2005 wrote:
Will there be a third tomorrow?

Who knows, but I hope so :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:56 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Only just seen the show as 4OD didn't have the show up last night. The 8 box no deal for the headless duck was probably worth considering but whether a childhood toy would be worth £8k for me is a tough question - although I probably wouldn't have brought it with in the first place.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Laura

Great game. Simply amazing. Laura was lovely. Great Power 5 Win.

Simple.

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]