Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Cal

Warnings: 0
Good offers today (I mean well-pitched, not good as in really generous!! :) ). Always makes it more interesting than being offered £NO_DEAL all the time.

I think doing just about anything from dealing at 8-box to going all the way was a possiblity today. There were comparisons with Suzi's game but there was a bit less consolation money left if it went wrong from 5-box.

Good to see a happy ending though I did expect him to win more given what I heard on the radio show.

Liked Cal as well, his was the funniest animal impression in Russ's game and it was funny to see someone young always try to pick an extra box when the banker was going to call. It's usually pensioners (though luckily he didn't pick a box before saying No deal though) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

maggieq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:09 am    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Cal

h2005 wrote:
That Radio 4 programme which did a thing about DoND gave the impression that Cal won a very large amount, but I suppose they meant he won a lot in comparison to the games recently.

Because of that programme, I was expecting Cal to win the £100k or deal a large offer at 2-box. When he dealt £9k, I thought he'd be offered the banker's gamble, and take it on to win £100k. Obviously not!

It was a good game nonetheless though.

:ponder: l was thinking the same.it was rather a disappointing game,l was expecting a huge win.suppose theres always tomorrow.

mallard2007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:08 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Cal

Good game, but I too heard the R4 prog about the "Scouse lad who won a large amount". :ponder:

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:42 am    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Cal

Nice spanking! Enjoy your money Cal! And the spa weekend with yer granny! What a sweetie you are!

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:59 am    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Cal

Good game well done :smt023

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:25 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Cal

h2005 wrote:
That Radio 4 programme which did a thing about DoND gave the impression that Cal won a very large amount, but I suppose they meant he won a lot in comparison to the games recently.

Because of that programme, I was expecting Cal to win the £100k or deal a large offer at 2-box. When he dealt £9k, I thought he'd be offered the banker's gamble, and take it on to win £100k. Obviously not!

It was a good game nonetheless though.

Yeah, me too. I kept thinking he's going to get the £100k but when the 5-box deliberation lasted a few minutes, I realised that they must have meant an OPW.

Anyway, it was a good game. I liked Cal.

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]