Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:27 am Last visit was: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:27 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
13 - Nicholas - £50,000

Kate says she's very happy with that.

The banker phones and says Kate's going into the hall of fame because her winnings have taken DoND through a milestone.

The banker has now paid out over £18,000,000 since the show started :D

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:09 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Guess the 1p win was still playing in Kate's mind and as the game went on, it costed her big :(

But £18 Million payout is a cool milestone for sure

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:13 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

I thought that was an excellent game. The offers were really great cause it made the decisions really hard. Especially the £22,000. Thats what I used to really like about the show, decisions that are really tricky and justifiable either way which i think the £22,000 was today. Was unlucky to have the £35k/£50k ending but hey ho!

Congradulations Kate and enjoy £22,000! :-D

Profile E-mail  

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:14 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

STILL A GOOD RESULT KATE XX

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Not a bad game. I didn't begrudge the deal for 22K although I would have gone on and a 13K 'loss' isn't a disaster. Hopefully we're moving towards a big OPW.

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

killersbee wrote:
Guess the 1p win was still playing in Kate's mind and as the game went on, it costed her big :(

But £18 Million payout is a cool milestone for sure

Huh? What? It did? How? The 1p was gone before Kate dealt.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Well I know that was slightly on the cautious side but given the circumstances I really don't care. It was after all the third-highest win of season 5!

Kate was a gorgeous girl with a lovely personality, and strangely enough i really liked her husband too, and I'm really pleased they went home with a large sum, especially with him having been made redundo. Going home with a blue would have been way worse than what actually did happen. And she was still very happy with the money she took despite the proveout going the wrong way (unlike lots of people around 12 - 18 months ago say!) - but I guess once the £250k went it was never going to be a massive loss in utility terms.

I totally understand her dealing there, I was unsure myself what I'd do, especially as if I'd have only seen one win of more than that on the wings, and even that only by £4k - it's not as though all the constestans will know the results of 1000+ games like a lot of us do!!

And she actually got more than half the maximum out of the game, assuming no swap, whereas everyone to think Sid's game was brilliant, he got less than half the maximum. ;-)

Hopefully we're on a turnaround!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Can't blame her for dealing today - I'd have done the same myself given that even keeping the £250k in play to 5 box, you'd have expected to take one of the backup block out and I couldn't have seen the 5 box offer increasing by a significant amount to take the risk.

You can't legislate for hitting the 10% chance from 5 box - especially as the proveout offer was probably about £3-4k more than it would have been in live play.

I do wish Channel 4 would give us a warning so we can turn our volumes down when we get "screamers" like Kate playing.

Joey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Simon F wrote:
You can't legislate for hitting the 10% chance from 5 box - especially as the proveout offer was probably about £3-4k more than it would have been in live play.

Eh?

If you mean the 5 box offer, then I think it was spot on. I actually thought that the banker would have offered a little more than that given the solid block of 20k/35k/50k.

If you mean the 2 box offer, then that too was spot on. £3-4k less would have only been £38-39k and the banker wouldn't have gone that low.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:11 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Well, Kate was quite a bubbly contestant, wasn't she? A bit too screamy for my liking, though! £22k was a bit of a cautious deal, but then again we were desperate for a 20k+ win, and I don't blame her for taking it one bit.

So many games have gone pear-shaped lately, so it's not surprising caution had the final say today. Although, in true DOND style, it didn't work out perfectly, but at least she had secured a decent win, and a sum that many players before her would've been very grateful to receive.

By the way, £18million milestone is actually sort of correct, if we take it as money that the banker has paid out to contestants in the chair. Trips could be seen as extras he gives out that are assigned a monetary value (e.g. £2,170), but are not added to the overall fund because, as such, he is not giving the player money, more a gift. Assuming that slightly odd reasoning, it's correct. However, the banker appears to have forgotten that he has additionally handed out over £16,000 to the wings for no apparent reason... :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:27 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Well if Sid stayed too late then Kate went too early,but that aside i thought it was a good fun game.

Kate was beautiful and bubbly and compassionate - not to mention possibly the shrillest player in DOND history :lol:

The 8 box deal was justifiable either way, although the odds were against her taking out the top three there was still a serious risk and as it turned out she did find the £250k straight out the box, under those circumstances she would have had to go to the end and hope for the best if she wanted a comparable offer. Shame she couldn't have found the £50k that would have at least given her some respite in that final round.

Still that's the first £20k+ win in weeks I think so nothing to be sniffed at.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:38 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

where abouts from yorkshire is she from? i only caught 5 mins of it and thought she was from my neck of the woods. :)

Profile E-mail  

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:05 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Kate's game was actually very well played, if you consider that nobody in their right mind would've dealt at £42K when they're already freerolling with a Power 5 number, so she really only missed out on an additional £13K.

Biggest win since Chapola came to the table, and the first game in a long time that I can remember where we didn't have that one deflating moment where it feels like the game's getting away from us. Even if the finish went wonky, the Deal she made was so handsome that it really didn't hurt very much.

Looks like we're getting some momentum now.

Profile E-mail  

Joey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:24 am    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

SeahawkTim wrote:
Kate's game was actually very well played, if you consider that nobody in their right mind would've dealt at £42K when they're already freerolling with a Power 5 number, so she really only missed out on an additional £13K.

Didn't somebody do exactly that a few months ago with a 35k/50k finish?

I remember watching it at the time and couldn't believe it when she dealt!

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:46 am    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Good game, nice player! And great she went away with a decent amount! Sorry flamedtress can't remember where she said she came from.

Profile E-mail  

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:20 am    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Joey wrote:
SeahawkTim wrote:

Didn't somebody do exactly that a few months ago with a 35k/50k finish?

I remember watching it at the time and couldn't believe it when she dealt!

Carrie on New Year's Eve had a 35k/50k finish and dealt at £41,000. As it turned out, she had £50,000 in her box.

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:08 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

Really enjoyed this game as well. Yes, Kate was a little bit loud, but hey, she was lovely.

No problems with the deal for me, it was one of those decisions where either answer is justifiable. Plus, she didn't seem overly worried about the £35,000 being in her box. £22,000 is a very chunky sum of money.

Let's hope these last two games have started the ball rolling..

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

DanS wrote:
Huh? What? It did? How? The 1p was gone before Kate dealt.

What I mean is, is that the small blue win was still playing on her mind a few games back and she couldn't risk going home with a blue and as she bottled it and the game went to the end, her moment of hesitation costed her big money :(

Tom wrote:
Let's hope these last two games have started the ball rolling..

I pray it has, we don't wanna go down the "Unlucky Era" road again :roll:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

flamedtresses wrote:
where abouts from yorkshire is she from? i only caught 5 mins of it and thought she was from my neck of the woods. :)

It was definitely a Humberside accent! :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:06 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 15/10 Kate

JuliePenguinFan wrote:
Good game, nice player! And great she went away with a decent amount! Sorry flamedtress can't remember where she said she came from.

thanks anyway :)

Profile E-mail  
 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]