Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

Warnings: 0
A very nice game and such a lovely lady. Three kids, a husband she met and married in 5 weeks and she looks amazing. Hubby is a lucky guy and I believe that she has been lucky in life, let's face it finding a great partner in such a short time and having such a long marriage after is brilliant. Kerry you were a great contestant and such a bright spark on Deal. Good luck in the future and enjoy the £6,000. xx

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

Just realised what she had at 5-box, so I agree

£6,000 was a tad too low for the board, if it was around £6,500-£7,500, it would've been more acceptable to Deal, £17,500 sounded just about right for anyone who would want that kind of money, regardless of the box amount

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:05 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

alexandercbrown wrote:
That was a bit of a poor deal TBH - it might have been a tad risky but she had 3K and 10K backing up the 50K and could have at least continued to 2 box and given us a better game.

She probably couldn't care less how much you enjoyed her game...

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:10 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

ahhh well she beat the banker so that was good!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

Well if you are certain you are going to make the wrong decision at 5 box, then it's probably better to make the wrong decision to deal and win £6k rather than make the wrong decision to no deal and win a blue.

I wonder had she disclosed the fact that £17k was her dealing point given the strong start she had, whether her first couple of offers might have been more generous.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:13 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

Kerry was a fun player, very bubbly and likeable but that was a dissapointing game, and ultimately she got out at the wrong time. Not really her fault, that was a board that required a certain degree of recklessness - something she ultimately didn't have- as it did seem to be headed towards a train wreck. Would have liked to have seen her go one more round and snatch a victory, or indeed to have wiped out the reds immediately after the deal but it wasn't to be.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:17 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

The "more than £1,000 won" moments are coming back a lot now, but we still have a long way to go

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:46 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

Another slightly frustrating game with a biggie going in the last box of each round just when you thought she was about to get a really good offer. But Kerry was really nice so I pleased she didn't go home with a blue, and the deal had about as much chance of paying off as not. 2-box was slightly low for the board I feel too but would have been a reluctant deal for me.

I've not known Noel be that harsh towards a partner since Tony's wife in November 07!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

It was a slightly weak deal, somewhere in the region of £7,500 would've been a deal for me, and it made for a bit of an anticlimactic finish to the game. I think it was quite wise for her husband not to get involved, it's often the best policy, and at least Kerry was able to play her own game.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 06/10 Kerry

One thing to take out of games like this is that whenever a contestant starts saying, "I'm always unlucky, I never win anything, this'll probably go wrong, etc.", it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm sure Kerry cost herself about two grand by vocalizing her self-doubt, because the Banker knew she could be bought early and cheap. Kerry was a very nice player on the wings, and I was certainly watching for her name to come up after she'd been on the show for a month, but she really did herself a disservice by saying what she did.

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]