Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:39 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:39 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Interesting Banker strategy - high first offer, then two good rounds add all of four grand to the offer. Stupid.

The penny going after the jackpot is something... game proper starts here in theory...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:42 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Haha H! :P

------

The Banker wishes to speak to Donna...some mild flirting aside, she tries to talk up her game...the 1p cancelling out the £250,000!

Banker's offer:

£11,000

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Tristan reminds Donna that she could take out all three of the big ones and crash...just as the Banker has also said...

Donna hints at wanting to go on...solely for her children...her fellow contestants help her know what she definitely wants...

Donna says

NO DEAL

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Oh goodness... not another one who talks of going on for the benefit of others... only to then win a blue and have to explain herself to them...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Next round...

Box 22 - Martin - £3,000

Noel wants two blues now...

Box 17 - Kerry - £35,000 :?

Box 9 - Mary - £50 :)

Time for the Banker...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

£20k, £100k and three blues... it's set up interestingly... small increase should make certain here, perhaps to the £12,500.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:47 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

50p

£100
£750
£20,000
£100,000

Banker's offer:

£13,013

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Small increase indeed, but to a kooky offer.

Very much arguable either way, I'd want a big blue/£100k guarantee to risk the 30% disaster chance here.

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

KP wrote:
Interesting Banker strategy - high first offer, then two good rounds add all of four grand to the offer. Stupid.

The penny going after the jackpot is something... game proper starts here in theory...

Yep, in hindsight I'd have to revise my view. £11k was dealable after all!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Donna still believes...but her fellow contestants are more in favour of her dealing...Noel reminds her that her astrology mentioned courage...Donna's F&F doesn't think she should go on either...

A sweep of both Deals and No Deals from the wings, slightly more Deals...Donna tries to mention box 13 again so Noel tells her to calm down to clear her mind before making any decisions...

Donna says

NO DEAL

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Deal here for me, offer being over half the average is enough for me at this point, though 13 means nothing to me.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

I have a feeling she made that decision for the wrong reasons - there was a rational justification for playing on, but I don't think that's what swayed it...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Final round...

Noel reckons that was the biggest swerve of all time as he was expecting her to deal...

Donna is definitely keeping box 13 to the end...Noel reminds us that her stars said she would do well if she was brave...

Box 12 - Michelle - 10p :D

Box 11 - Stephen - £100,000 :(

Donna says £20,000 will do!

Box 21 - Sid - £20,000 :(

Banker time...

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Oh well, so much for the stars....

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

KP called it! :|

The Banker claims horoscopes are rubbish...unless she pulled her's out of someone else's bin! :shock:

Banker's offer:

£300

Donna says

NO DEAL

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

One post commentary. Gonna be a bit more in depth this time though :)

Guessing it's not an exciting game as it's 16:40 and the topic is still on page 1.

Round one wasn't the best, but at least we kept the two biggies in. No doubt £NO_DEAL is going to be our offer. Um, what? Ok. It's still £NO_DEAL for anyone but the most conservative player, but it's more generous than we'd expect.

Ah, kestral had a power cut so that's why not much was going on.

Round two isn't brilliant. We've still got the two big two but only 5 reds now at 14-box. This is dangerous. The average is ~£29k. £12,5000 is a more generous offered than we'd expect here, and it's dealable given the volatility of the board. She doesn't so onwards to 11-box.

Round three is all blue! Board is still volatile, but now worth more. Average is now ~£37k. Again, £15,000 is dealable! That's 3 potentially dealable offers. I'd still be turning this down though. It's less than half the average, and hopefully we won't get a joke offer if we take out the big money.

And the £250,000 goes in round 4 :( It's the only red though, so we have a 4/4 split at 8-box, with the £100,000, £35,000 and £20,000 in play. Average is now ~£20k. And £11,000 is dealable too. Genuinely tricky decision here. I'm probably done at this point.

She's still in though, and round five sees us keep the £100,000 but lose the £35,000 and £3,000. 3 blues to 2 reds now on a very highly volatile board. Average is £24k and £13,013 is a good offer for this board. Again, I'd be done here. Sounds like everyone is telling here to deal, except for Noel who is telling her to be couragous. And she no deals.

And the £100,000 goes in the 2nd box. She says £20,000 will do so obviously that's next to go. GG.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Donna is offered the SWAP, and she naturally brings box 13 to the table...

Box 13 has the £750 at least! :)

Laura reveals the £100 in her original box 7

Noel thinks Donna can still have fun with £750...and he doesn't want a repeat of last week now!

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Thanks for stepping in there Davey and helping out :smt023 Greatly appreciated :D

Think I'll need to sort out some battery backup for the TV as well as the computer system :lol:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

No worries! Not really much missed today, yet another game with bad luck marring what could have been a really powerful ending with box 13 destined to come to the table!

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 28/09 Donna

Any game where box 13 is destined to be on the table - or be on the table from the start is destined for a bad game!

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]