Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Vic says the banker threw him there with the extra offer, but he says he's had a fantastic experience...

22 - Ben - £35,000

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic
International Forums Moderator

Crumbs, I forgot he still had two oranges. In which case that was a very poor decision... there we go, thrown by the extra offer. The £2,000 non-offer at five-box was actually a great ploy to make the four-box offer look dealable when it wasn't - a thoroughly deserved Banker win.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Well played by the banker I guess. Round 5 was the perfect round, but the banker managed to get him to deal after the first box.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Oh, it's only £3,000, I thought Vic was gonna have a moment of regret...

Well, it was quite a strange deal to what looked like a great game before 5-box

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

I did think that after yesterday, we would finally get rid of those easy Banker Victories, but nope, it's back again :smt009

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

killersbee wrote:
KP wrote:
No Power 5 win since April? That can't possibly be right, can it?

Well, it was either April or June, I can't remember :?

Or August.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

You forgot, if it's not from the box it doesn't count in WakeyWorld, and Des Dealt for £50,000 :D

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:22 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

What a weak deal - he had two oranges to fall back on for goodness sake.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:35 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic
Forum Games Moderator

Mark wrote:
Should have listened to his wife...

Shup. <_<

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:47 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Lewis246 wrote:
killersbee wrote:
KP wrote:
No Power 5 win since April? That can't possibly be right, can it?

Well, it was either April or June, I can't remember :?

Or August.

KP wrote:
You forgot, if it's not from the box it doesn't count in WakeyWorld, and Des Dealt for £50,000 :D

Some people should catch the More4 repeats, then they'd spot a power 5 box winner from July!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Oh, that game too. Oh, how I'd rather forget that one. Of course, if you have to, that came from the Banker's Gamble...

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

I forgot about that one in July, so it really hasn't been long

But still, the show could do with one soon...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Yet another Banker win in terms of max money offered...and if I'm honest it was a very poor deal with both £1,000 and £3,000 still there...yes if the £35,000 went then it would have been semi-prudent...the oranges there would have just made me feel a bit more confident in going on I guess...each to their own though ay?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:25 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

A very amsuing show today, but that system confused the living daylights out of me, but Vic was a great character, although I had to hide behind the sofa when Russ had the 1p! (No 1p kiss can ever be funnier than Stephen and Gra :D )

I knew the deal at 4-box was coming as he was thinking about it so much. I thought it odd as he was so dismissive of £2k at 5-box, and he dealt for only the same amount on top! I was expecting another offer at 3-box too so I don't blame Vic at all for being totally thrown by it - I struggled to fathom what was going on! Pleased no hypo swap either (I guess they couldn;t make it even more confusing!!) . :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Well, that was quite an entertaining if slightly bizarre game with Vic/ Boycie. He seemed a thoroughly decent chap with a strange sense of humour and rather dry turn of phrase. I thought at the beginning we might get a game like Clive's, but thankfully it wasn't quite that riotous! :P

Anyway, I was fairly sure he would be going to the end, as he was polite but fairly dismissive of most of the offers, so when he dealt at 4-box, it did surprise me somewhat. It did seem rather out of character with how he was playing the game up to that point, but I think he was thrown a bit by the impromptu phonecall, and the more he thought about the offer, the more his confidence for going on seemed to evaporate, and the fear of going away with a blue loomed.

With 2 low oranges left with the £35k, it was surely worth going on, as they are not a significant drop from the 4k. But credit to the banker for catching him off-guard, and a deserved win for him.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:13 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

So this is two games in one week where a player had a complicated system, strayed from it early, and took a big hit as a result - in this case, Vic picking Suzi by mistake and opening the £100K box as a result. Sure, he would've hit it anyway as it was she had neither of the numbers he was planning on keeping to the end, but if the number had been there longer it would've helped the offers out a bit - it's a rarity that someone never sees a 5-digit offer until the final pair.

I was kind of surprised to see Vic deal at £4K, seeing as he tended to encourage players to gamble when he was in the wings. And having just taken out the 10p, it guaranteed at least £100 and probably a £300 or so offer even if he went top-down the rest of the way (a 1 in 6 shot at that point). As it is, I think this is a testament to the Banker's prowess at playing with contestants' heads during the game, because the only reason he took the offer is because it came when nobody expected it.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:16 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Well, whichever way you look at it, The Banker is on top form again the spanking he got the other day didn't last long... :smt011

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:19 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Kudos to the Banker for that one, very well played.

The 4 box offer was a real curveball and clearly threw Vic. I personally hold to the philosophy that if there is only one box higher than the offer then it is worth seriously considering so i can understand why he took it though i think I would have probably declined. It just goes to demonstrate just how much the Banker takes on board.He saw an opportunity to make Vic eat his words and he took it, that was inspired.

The Banker's underhand tactics notwithstanding that was a fun game with plenty of humour and a good-natured eccentric player. The board was volatile enough to keep you guessing which way it was going to go and, although it wasn't stressed in the show, once again kids predicted where the big money would be found

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:16 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Vic

Yeah, I now think that kids could do a better job than the adults :lol:

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]