Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:31 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:31 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:42 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
We're back
Last box before the Banker

This is a fascintating game says Noel as Chapola is getting so many predictions right at the moment.

1 - £20,000 Tristan

Banker time

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:42 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

Pip's board, anyone?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola
International Forums Moderator

Not in 18 then - and we now have Pip's configuration.

£20k is still the indicated offer - it's what he got - and the minimum I'd want here. For the Banker it's the only offer that makes sense.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:43 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

You was about 3 feet out on the £20,000 prediction says Noel, and he now thinks box 18 must have the £100, so Chapola says she will go for that one. The Banker says he would be less concerned about the board is someone so determined wasn't playing.

Banker's offer:

£16,000

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

Meh. £16,000 is a no deal for me, but it's not quite a £NO_DEAL offer. That said though, the mean is £45,000...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

kestral wrote:
The Banker says he would be less concerned about the board is someone so determined wasn't playing.

Banker's offer:

20% less than he offered on the same configuration to someone last season

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

Donna tells Chapola to think about this, and Vic tells her to think about it but also that it isn't what she wants.

Chapola says

NO DEAL

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

that's poor - but Michael only got 17K and dealt which was also disappointing

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

£16,000 isn't too bad, but it would be a No Deal for me too...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola
Administrator & Global Moderator

I probably would've taken £16k, although I would've gone on if the offer had been £12k. My worry would that even knocking out £250k & 2 blues would considerably weaken the board and probably give a reduced offer.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

An utterly stupid offer from the Banker's perspective. She's declared she has a target, £20k's the most common target, she even said it was 'still on the board' earlier when £20k was there, why the hell do you not offer £20k on a board worth about that?

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:47 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

KP wrote:
An utterly stupid offer from the Banker's perspective. She's declared she has a target, £20k's the most common target, she even said it was 'still on the board' earlier when £20k was there, why the hell do you not offer £20k on a board worth about that?

because he probably has no intention of actually trying to buy the box? he's just trying to make it look like he does.

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

KP wrote:

Presumably beacuse the ordained script calls for a deal no earlier than 5 box today.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

Well, yes. It's too soon after an 11-box Deal to allow another game to end 'early'... or what wkd said.

Last edited by KP on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

why hasn't kestral posted that she's said NO DEAL yet?

oops

Last edited by cfd on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

Round 5

A big build up from Noel before the start of the round.

2 - £35,000 Sharna

This has to be one of the blues says Noel

18 - £10 Donna

This is now a massive box says Noel. Chapola picks box 6, but Noel asks if she is sure, and Chapola then thinks about box 4. The Banker calls and says that if chapola finds a blue her offer will be £20,000.

4 - £500 Laura

Banker time

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

wow it actually worked out - banker's faithul hopefully.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

Old faithful again. Hopefully her target is still on the board.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

He did, cfd. You just missed it.

£20k on this configuration is still not enough, and vindicates the mutual theory that the Banker knew she'd come for that amount but wanted to present 'a victory for gambling'. Sigh.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/09 Chapola

You now know that your next offer is over £20,000 says Noel, and Chapola asks for more! The Banker calls and asks how much over £20,000, Chapola weighs up the board and says £26,000. The Banker says DEAL

Banker's offer:

£26,000

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]