Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Shell says

NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell
International Forums Moderator

We move on. Of course we do. That's not an offer, it's a speedbump.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

Round 3

Russ next complete with more animal impressions :P

18 - £250 Russ

22 - £10 Tracey

That is looking better says Shell.

14 - £1 Michelle

Banker time

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

...and the blue run has begun...just what Shell needed!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

There's the momentum shift. This might even be dealable.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

That is better and it is all looking mucch better now says Noel. The Banker thinks this is the right offer to send Shell home

Banker's offer:

£10,000

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell
Administrator & Global Moderator

Big-Davey wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:
They're not allowed pens in that studio, what the hell?!?!?! :shock:

I normally had my phone, my wallet, a pack of mints and a bottle of paracetamol in my pockets when I went in the studio. I don't think they'd notice if an audience member had a pen!

Everyone has mints in there! :lol: You had paracetamol coz you looked hungover half the time ;) And that phone had to surely have been turned off to avoid another Semi :P

Unfortunately it was the studio lights that gave me the occasional headache!! And yes my phone was switched off!!

Anyway, the £250k is looking horribly isolated at this point. Hope it stays in longer. And the stuff with Noel's book was rather bizarre!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:34 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

First 'decision' of the game...but with the oranges there as well, it's worth at least going on to 8-box...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

Not dealable, not yet, but a significant improvement, and a sign of better to come.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:35 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

Oh my!!! I feel a big mistake coming on.

Last edited by Mark on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:35 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

Shell says that is a clever offer, and Vic says it is a clever offer but it is still a good board and they are due a big win. Shell talks about how she believes she has a big amount but she has also seen games blown apart and she doesn't want to push her luck....

Shell says

DEAL

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

Well well WELL!!!

Could KP's dying need for a third offer OPW about to fall upon us...and more importantly save us from the long run of Banker fortune!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

:shock: Wow, that deal was a bit of a shock!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

It was enough? Wow. Now that came out of left field.

One heck of a guilt trip coming up I fear... maybe she needed that all-blue round a bit later!

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:37 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

The Banker calls back and says he knew he made the right offer and is very happy now... Noel says that Shell shocked a lot of people in the studio... Shell says she is really happy with that amount and didn't want to go home with nothing and knows that was the right deal for her...

Noel calls a break before proveout rounds saying that 3rd round deals very rarely work out for anyone...

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:37 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell
Forum Games Moderator

Mark wrote:
Oh my!!! I feel a big mistake coming on.

I have got to agree with MarkBot... :|

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

I'm actually pleased she dealt the third offer. It adds a bit of variety to the show's gameplay! However, I think she made the wrong decision, as surely you'd have to hit £250k in the next round to see the next offer drop significantly. Keeping it will undoubtedly see an offer increase.

P.S. It's at times like these that I'm glad we banned certain members just over a year ago. ;)

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

kestral wrote:
The Banker calls back and says he knew he made the right offer and is very happy now... Noel says that Shell shocked a lot of people in the studio... Shell says she is really happy with that amount and didn't want to go home with nothing and knows that was the right deal for her...

All reasonable. Good play from the Banker to make a round offer that took out a nervous player; correct it was a shock; within Shell's rights to say that if she wasn't prepared to go home with a blue, to take the first reasonable get-out can work.

Quote:
Noel calls a break before proveout rounds saying that 3rd round deals very rarely work out for anyone...

Demonstrably false - the OPW conversion rate is actually lower at the ADP than at 11-box. Frankly, Noel's lies are straight out of the Wakefield school of statistical nonsense, and the name is all too ironic.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

With the time left, I predict the biggie will be found...but the £50,000 left to the end for a possible Gamble offered...

...but let's hope for a win!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/09 Shell

It would be quite the lengthy guilt trip if it were anything else... it could be a £3k/£20k gamble I suppose...

...oh crumbs, a hypothetical lie before the round is even over, just in case it's £250k next!!

[ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]