Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:00 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:00 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:40 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

Warnings: 0
I was impressed by Jason on the wings, but his game...Well to be fair it wasn't exactly his fault, it was a trainwreck from round one, he never really recovered from taking out the top two in the opening round.

I think the real problem, to my eyes , came with his realisation at the first offer that he'd taken out the number he most wanted to keep and that it had the £100k in it. I don't exactly understand how someone can accidently open their lucky box without realising but I guess anything is possible in the heat of the moment and under the pressure of being in live play. After that he seemed to be coming up with special numbers all over the place and i'm not entirely convinced by any of them, it was like he was clutching at straws. I mean no disrespect to the man or his kids but i really didn't see how 2+5 or 2+7 equalled lucky numbers, it would have made more sense if he'd gone with their ages rather than trying to find meaning in the dates.

It's awful really because it's clear 12 did mean a lot to Jason and throw it away like that when it could have secured a big pay out must have been a serious blow. I just think he was too busy kicking himself when he should have been concentrating on the game.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

A rather eventful trainwreck today. Even I remembered as soon as Noel said that no-one had had a second offer swap, that he was telling porkies (although I had to search in the forum for the player's name).

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason
Administrator & Global Moderator

Simon F wrote:
A rather eventful trainwreck today. Even I remembered as soon as Noel said that no-one had had a second offer swap, that he was telling porkies (although I had to search in the forum for the player's name).

Quite ironic that the other person who had a 2nd offer swap (Craig) also won £10.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:29 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

You mean to tell me that this show is still on the air? Really? Wow. Major lulz there. I thought it died a long time ago. It's dead to me, though. Maybe it's time to for you lot to give up. I did a long time ago, and I feel great :D!
Just thought I'd check in to see how things are progressing. Apparently, nothing's changed, and it's all still craptastic.
Amazing (Not!).
Carry on, chaps. Enjoy the failure :twisted:!

-Mad Mark.
Section 1, Number 2
A.R.S.I.S.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason
Administrator & Global Moderator

I thought you'd left for good?!

(With the emphasis on good).

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:11 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

h2005 wrote:
I thought you'd left for good?!

(With the emphasis on good).

Decided to make a brief cameo appearance, just to see how things were holding up. Evidently, nothing's changed at all. People are still failing. Yawn. That's why I left in the first place.

That's it for me now, so take care, don't work too hard, and enjoy your wasting your time with this game show.

-Mad Mark.
Section 1, Number 2
A.R.S.I.S.

jayakajason

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:43 am    Author: jayakajason    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

Trainwreck. funny that i used that line in my show but it was cut out! Along with shed loads of other stuff that explains alot more than you all seen.Still the £10 win hasnt bethered me in the slightest its the fact that MY two to KEEP i took out.You see it wasnt just 12, number 17 was my big final box, i had planned to have 17 and 12 at the end with my chosen table box obviously then ask too swap so leaving 17 and 12.You cannot know how much that meant to me,theres so much i can`t tell you guys,but watch again and look into my eyes theres a raging firestorm going on in my head.

Im over it, the flames have all but burnt out,but watching last night has almost sparked a burning that of which feels like the pits of hell!.

As noel said a million times to me,You gotta move on jason forget it-Well i have(sort of)all i have now are the memorys of what such a great time i had being there and taking part in it all,simply brilliant!.

Read it how you like guys-forums are what they are!

Yours

jay aka jason

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason
Forum Games Moderator

Some people are always going to fail. Inevitable. You should've come back later, September is known for a bad month, apparently.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:31 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

It's a very bad time to play, stat-wise...and despite everything, Noel is meant to be VERY supportive after a poor game...hell he has to be when everyone witnesses a complete crash and whoever is playing feels like they needn't bother even showing up!

The experience is priceless though so at least you enjoyed that ay? :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

lcc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:49 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

aww what a shame he seemed a sweetie aswell but hey hes got his kids so i,m sure he will get over it :)

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

MisterAl wrote:
I think that one or two people here are being a bit harsh! I found that game quite compelling, mainly because I was intrigued by the significance Jason put on the numbers. If I were standing on the wings for that game, I think I'd have definitely wanted to remind him that it's all random, and special numbers really don't mean anything in this game!

It really wasn't anybody's fault that the boxes came out the way they did, least of all Jason's. Also, aside from the second-offer swap, the offers were usually pretty fair for the state of the board, so you can't really say that Jason didn't have any real decisions to make either. A fascinating game, just not a particularly lucky one.

Yes, I was encouraged with the first round speech about 22 being just a number and not a curse (or something to that effect) and then watched with despair as Jason tied himself in knots with virtually half the number carrying some sort of "special significance".

A most unlucky game anyway.

Muriel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:47 am    Author: Muriel    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

What a scruffy young man, it's time they had a dresscode on this show. The late great Hughie Green would never have tolerated contestants looking so untidy on one of his shows.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

Well, I caught most of this in a hotel close to Alton Towers. By the time I switched on, the top 3 had gone, and as I later realised he had intended to keep 2 of these numbers (doh!). I think if you've got a system you should stick to it, as the regret is likely to be more if you don't (and you sometimes have notes to remind you what could've been), and if you can't keep to a system, don't use one simply, otherwise you just end up complicating random number's significance for no good reason, such as Jason today.

It's also a weakness of mindset that the banker is likely to exploit with the offers. However, the offers would've needed to be close to the mean to get most players out of the chair today, as the board remained fairly stable. It was an unavoidable trainwreck, but not in the usual sense.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

jayakajason

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:57 am    Author: jayakajason    Post subject: Re: 21/09 Jason

Cheers muriel i aint been called a young man for ages! as for scruffy .did you know i had a shave for alll my shows but one (people back home didnt recognise me on the box)vic said to me on morn "come on jay have a scrape you never know aria giovanni might be watching you and you like her dont ya!"

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]