Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:10 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:10 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:26 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Donna tells Shirley to consider this now, and Shirley says she is trying to remember how many times box 1 has had a low amount. Noel reminds her that Francis had box 1 the other day and it had £1 in it...

Shirley says

DEAL

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

Now let's see that £1 extend its domination of being on the table...and in Box 1 yet again!

YET AGAIN! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:26 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

Noel opens box 1 and reveals £1

kestral

Tracey with box 16 contains the £5,000

Shirley says she really enjoyed that game.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

Well, she avoided a blue win, but it's not a Spanking

Two weeks of the Banker winning, in a row, one more week like this and you can kiss the wins goodbye :(

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

Box 1 contents this week

Mon £1
Tues £1
Wed £5k (still in play at 2 box with £1 in the other box)
Thurs £5
Fri £250k
Sun £1

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley
Administrator & Global Moderator

killersbee wrote:
Two weeks of the Banker winning, in a row, one more week like this and you can kiss the wins goodbye :(

Why?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley
International Forums Moderator

In fairness a string of Banker wins can be sometimes self-perpetuating but not like that!

A smart two-box bailout after a game where the one-at-a-time rule turned against her in the end.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

killersbee wrote:
Well, she avoided a blue win, but it's not a Spanking

Just ignore any hypo-swaps in the last fortnight - it will make you feel a bit better.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

KB's just desperate for a big win, leave him be.

The way I see this game now, I'm only happy if it's not a trainwreck or a massive "squander" - on Friday it was an unavoidable OBW, so how can anyone help that?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

Another frustrating game where all the good luck was used up too early, then a horrible mid/late game collapse which I doubt anyone but the most ultra-cautious players could have avoided with the third offer being about half as much as it would have been in season 2! Don't know why the random one to open thing was introduced but I reckon the result would have been the same without it anyway - although the extra risks she took earned her a decent get-out at 2-box anyway.

And I knew very little about Shirley when her name got called but I liked her, she had a good attitude, took the nightmare round bravely, and the played the game and banker as well as the boxes allowed her to.

And also what I liked (and a lot of others who have played recently too) - is people being happy with 4-figure sums, Heather was the other day too. Time was they'd be as disappointed with £3,000 as they would with £1! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:20 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

Just unlucky, that's the only thing you can say about Shirley's game in the end, but it's amazing how many recent games have collapsed in the 4th round
To take out 3 of the power five in successive boxes is about as unlucky as you can get and the Banker's unexpected one-box-at-a-time final round was a nice twist that was probably Shirley's best chance to get a dealable offer. Shame it didn't quite work out for her.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:10 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

Well, having missed the beginning, I spent half this show wondering why 71 was at the end of the offers (a reference to age?!), and the other half wondering how such a strong start to the game materialised into a mediocre and ultimately desolate finish with low values.

Except the latter was easily explained - it was just sheer bad luck, and frustrating is the word to describe the game, made even more so by the one-box twist that gave renewed promise of the big money, only to snatch it away at the last minute. I think £9,071 was strongly worth considering, although I don't blame her for no-dealing. Once again, the 4th round turned the game on its head.

You could say it was a rollercoaster game, although I only say that to neatly link in that I'm off to Alton Towers the next few days thanks to The Sun providing me with FREE tickets, so I'll be back on here on wednesday!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

Take pics! :D

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:33 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley
Administrator & Global Moderator

Big-Davey wrote:
Take pics! :D

viewtopic.php?p=618839#p618839

May I ask where this interest in StatsMan's photography skills has come from?!

Anyway, Shirley's game created a sense of deja-vu. The joke with the age being incorporated into the offer was done not so long ago, the strong-looking-board-followed-by-a-massive-crash happened recently, the random offer after every box also happened recently, Russ squealing happened the other day, and the talk of box 1 containing the £1 was reminiscent of games from about a week ago. I couldn't watch it today without hearing echoes of past games!

Talking of Russ:

MisterAl wrote:
Am I right in thinking that Russ's animal impressions sound absolutely nothing like animals actually sound?

His sheep impressions (the first ones he did) were quite accurate, I thought. But I've not been convinced about any of the others - I doubt I'd have guessed them if Noel or Russ hadn't said what they were. Nevertheless, Russ is quite amusing in a strange, random sort of way.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:20 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 20/09 Shirley

I wonder if Russ can do a Hippopotomus impression

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]