Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Warnings: 0
Halfway...to £12,000 which is now a VERY good offer for the board...I'd take this

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Oh wait, £12,000?

Now I would think about this

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle
Administrator & Global Moderator

Shell asks if the extra £2k is worth it, and Ben asks if Kyle's prepared to play to the end here...

Kyle says DEAL

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:51 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Don't be silly KB, £12,000 was a great offer to take!

Good on Kyle...we have the foundations for an OPW! We are hoping now...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

And Kyle takes it, but let's see if the Bad luck would've finally ended...

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Noel thinks the banker will drop Kyle in it at the end :P

16 - Russ - 10p

10 - Jason - £50,000 :D

7 - Tristan - £1,000

Banker time with £500 and £20,000 remaining

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

£50,000 gone! The offer has to be lower at the very least!

The £20,000 needs to go for the closure...else we've got a nervous end to the game...nope!

Kyle dealt for more than the average so this can't be a Banker's Gamble

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Well, the £50k goes, but The Banker can still get away with a sneaky victory

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

The banker says he has no intention in revealing what Kyle said about his wife! He says he'd have told Kyle's wife he went to a strip club :lol:

Banker's offer would've been:

£8,000

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

With £500 as a consolation, I'd have gambled at £8,000 for the record

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Kyle has £20,000 in box 3

22 - Vic - £500

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Argh! Yet again robbed...the Banker wins yet again...

This time it had nothing to do with bad timing...the board was too strong to go on...BUT KP said he was after a third-offer OPW...and we would have got it today! Apart from the box contents letting EVERYONE down again...just simply bad luck at the moment...

I liked this game fairly!

Last edited by Big-Davey on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

The Banker gets the last laugh with a Sneaky Victory, that's gotta be 10 victories for the Banker

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:03 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Big-Davey wrote:
MisterAl: Just over 5% chance of that happening; is that true?

Yep. It's a 5.5% chance of revealing the top two remaining amounts between 11-box and 8-box. (A 3/55 chance, if you like exact fractions.)

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle
International Forums Moderator

One-post time.

Aw, diddums, Noel's still getting over the fact Michael didn't take an utterly reckless gamble at two-box. Every word he says is now to be treated with utter contempt.

Cookie Monster? Since when did a dog post on our forum? Three consecutive reds going isn't ideal, but the Super Six remain. Good start, albeit foreshadowing potential trouble ahead if things go A Bit Wrong later. Is it eleven grand? Nope, it's a bit more than that, and a genuinely significant opener. Not dealable, not yet, but very dealable offers coming sooner rather than later at this rate.

£35,000 might be enough excuse for £NO_DEAL; a low blue undoes that a bit, and... after the stupid pun... £3k. That's the right direction to widen the gap. £15,000 really is a fair offer, so I can't criticise Kyle for saying as much.

Peanuts, big red, peanuts. A slightly more normal look to the board now, and the offer sneaks up. I wouldn't consider a Deal stupid here, but I would consider it very safe, and wouldn't do so myself. Kyle has bought into the hype from a few days back about the lack of a male jackpot winner. £100k and two blues an average round here, as Davey suggests? A stick would be indicated there, so I'll give him that. No regrets, he insists... boom. Chances of taking out the top two in three boxes 'just over 5%'? Shock! He's right! The offer is £NO_DEAL, and sure enough we go on.

An all-blue changes things. Two significant reds at five-box is never a particularly bad position to be in, and having a high blue alongside the orange could be worth a bit to the two-box offer relative to a peanuts amount. Ten grand? I think I'd have to take it. Kyle calls for £14,000, which would be practically the mean... crikey, he's met in the middle, something I've imagined happening when I negotiated with him should I ever play, and never realistically thought would happen! He has to take this, surely... and even KB thinks it's dealable, which means it's a no-brainer Deal. And Deal it is!

Two-box scenario means no room for either a guilt trip or a Gamble, the £8,000 offer would have been my bailout if I somehow got this far... bah, still an OBW. But games like this we can take.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Enjoyable game that, I liked Kyle, and a sensible deal which most people will have taken, myself included. Only an ardent Wakeyist would have got an OPW out of that, so Kyle shouldn't be disappointed.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:11 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

a sensible deal. The 50K going in the proveout validated the decision even if it wasn't an OPW.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:36 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

Very entertaining game. Kyle came across very well,but then - a dog lover and a Holmes fan, What's not to like?

It's a shame he couldn't have got the OPW but that was an impressive recovery from the disastrous 4th round, andany player who can persuade the Banker to up his offer like that has to be commended.

All in all a good result and not too far off the maximum possible win

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

A 3rd offer deal wouldn't have got an OPW Davey, £20,000 was in the box...

A decent game. Kyle was a decent chap and after that horrible round, £12,000 is great money. And a great offer for that board. It's just a shame the £20,000 was in the boz.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:46 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/09 Kyle

I was building up the tension, Tom: I actually messaged KP on Live: "You wanted a 3rd offer OPW and we would have got one today!...oh wait no, £20,000 on the table...never mind!"

:-D

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]