Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Aaron says

NO SWAP

Noel opens box 5 and reveals £1

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Jason with box 19 contains the £3,000

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

What a disaster! :smt009

That's 4 unlucky games in a row, it's last year all over again!

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:59 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Well, echoing what someone said in the Years Since thread, early/mid September is literally THE worst time to play Deal or No Deal. 2006 we had a load of extremely dull games, 2007 had a zillion trainwrecks during Battle of the Sexes, and doesn't sound like 2008 was any better either - right now we're on one of those extremely annoying runs where the Dealers have the power 5 boxes and the No Dealers win blues!

None of the contestants are doing anything particularly wrong - in fact I quite like this 22, it's not like late Season 3 when every contestant would go "I've seen it go wrong before!", deal early and then cry a lot, it's just the boxes aren't in their favour. Still, late September and October usually change things!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

It really is horrible...September 2006 wasn't anything decent...2007 was horrible and 2008 was even worse!

Ah well...we can only hope for a turnaround tomorrow

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron
Forum Games Moderator

Worst payout week? How much was won this week? 1p, £250, £1, £251.01p in three days?

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:31 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Yep, it's looking like this will be THE worst payout week, ever

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:36 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Er, Zoe played on Monday...

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:58 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron
Administrator & Global Moderator

Brick wrote:
Er, Zoe played on Monday...

Exactly. The worst week ever had a total payout of just £8,481. The 2nd and 3rd worst weeks saw payouts of £25,750 and £33,001, respectively. Think it's pretty certain though that this week will be in the bottom 10, unless a total of £20,000 or more gets won tomorrow and on Sunday!

The weekly payout data thread can be seen here - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3199

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

I liked Aaron, he had a good attitude towards it all despite had terrible luck, and again at least there was some excitement by him no-dealing an arguable-either-way offer at 8-box. The only thing which irritated me slightly was the way he called everyone "Bro" - he person who had the £250k is an anagram of that!

Oh and Russ - I have to mute the TV when he opens his box. I just can't go through 20-odd games of animal impressions. I noticed the look on Jason's face too, as if he was thinking "What on earth have I done to deserve having to stand next to this weirdo!!" :D

It's funny though, as I noticed the same with Karen who stood next to Norman, but I actually did find Norman amusing!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Oh and I apologise for my comment in the retro thread about early September being rubbish - I guess this run of bad luck is all my fault! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

We seem to be in a run where the £250k is staying isolated to the end and blinding players to the hole above it. It seemed that Aaron was going for the big prize because I couldn't see a 5 box offer being significantly enough higher than the £15k that he turned down to take the risk.

After 3 gambles resulting in blue wins, what's the betting we'll probably get a cautious deal for a power 5 amount to complete the sandwich for this week?

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:45 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

We can but really, really hope not.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Simon F wrote:
After 3 gambles resulting in blue wins, what's the betting we'll probably get a cautious deal for a power 5 amount to complete the sandwich for this week?

Probably 13/8...

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:06 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Aaron had a great attitude towards the game, one which it would it be nice to see a few more players have. He was a decent guy, and just had bad luck. Had the boxes been different, he'd have won a good sum.

Regarding Russ, I couldn't actually watch his impressions..I was cringeing. Please can we not have this every game, or even anymore before his game.

Early September does seem to produce the worst games as such. I don't mean that nastily. But compared to the last two years, the games have actually been pretty decent, it's just that the players have been unlucky. It's been a good 22 recently.

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:48 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Russ is a contender for most irritating contestant of all time - I don't think I'll watch his game when it's his turn.

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:52 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Late one post commentary.

Round 1: Bad
Offer 1: £NO_DEAL
Round 2: Bad
Offer 2: £NO_DEAL
Round 3: Better
Offer 3: £NO_DEAL
Round 4: Good
Offer 4: £DEAL_OR_NO_DEAL. Would probably deal myself.
Round 5: Oops.
Offer 5: £NO_DEAL
Round 6: So so.
Offer 6: £DEAL_OR_NO_DEAL
Result: OPL/OBW/Whatever it's called.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:00 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Think I would have gone at 15K, shame it didn't work out for him. Bad luck Aaron

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:45 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 10/09 Aaron

Unlucky really - and there's not a lot more you can say about that. He hit too many high reds too early and never recovered enough to get a substantial offer (though that 8-box offer can be argued either way). Then to have a total wipeout between 8 &5 box, well it doesn't get much better than that.

Commendable attitude though

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]