Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:50 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:50 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

Warnings: 0
I'm just going to stop posting in the show threads, if everyone's going to keep perceiving my comments very KB-esque...you all know damn well that I meant what I said going with the very predictable editing of the show.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:37 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

I'm only just pointing out on what the show needs, like Skyline said, today's game was better but we still have a long way to go, hopefully the coming Halloween and Christmas periods will give us great games like last year

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie
Administrator & Global Moderator

killersbee wrote:
I'm only just pointing out on what the show needs, like Skyline said, today's game was better but we still have a long way to go, hopefully the coming Halloween and Christmas periods will give us great games like last year

Please don't mention Christmas. It's September.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

Just trying to get some posistiveness into the show ;)

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:06 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

h2005 wrote:
Stevie's game today.

Noel says after 4 years, the banker finally has his dream of having 22 1p winners after Rod's game! He says the banker's dream is to get them all to come back and play their games again but with every value on the board replaced with 1p, and all the offers just 1p. :P

Did he seriously say this?! Good frigging lord. :roll:

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

Brick wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Stevie's game today.

Noel says after 4 years, the banker finally has his dream of having 22 1p winners after Rod's game! He says the banker's dream is to get them all to come back and play their games again but with every value on the board replaced with 1p, and all the offers just 1p. :P

Did he seriously say this?! Good frigging lord. :roll:

Well, I didn't make it up!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

MisterAl wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Terry says there's a 33% chance of hitting the big one in the next round.

That piece of analysis annoyed me so much that I could barely contain myself whilst in the studio watching. (Sorry, Terry, if you're reading this.) However, I remember being shown a red card by Mr Edmonds shortly after I shouted something out during someone or other's game so I did manage to keep my mouth shut.

To be fair to Terry, what he said was technically correct. If Stevie had avoided the £250k in the first 2 boxes, there was only a 33% chance of taking the £250k out in the final box. If the banker can make stupid predictions that are a 10% chance, why shouldn't the contestants?

(Only joking)

Odd for a game that followed a gambling 1p win to be followed by a 2nd gambler. If only we'd have had a cautious player today, it would have been an OPW.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:50 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie
Forum Games Moderator

Hmm... no caution on this post-1p game.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:02 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

Big-Davey wrote:
I'm just going to stop posting in the show threads, if everyone's going to keep perceiving my comments very KB-esque...you all know damn well that I meant what I said going with the very predictable editing of the show.

Actually, I didn't know that's what you meant. Especially since Noel was going on about Stevie's slip of the tongue constantly throughout that recording. I can tell you that there were plenty of other times it got mentioned that didn't make the final cut of the show.

Simon F wrote:
To be fair to Terry, what he said was technically correct. If Stevie had avoided the £250k in the first 2 boxes, there was only a 33% chance of taking the £250k out in the final box.

True, but it was utterly misleading to talk up the significance of a 33% chance while totally downplaying the 40% chance the quarter million would have already gone by then!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:04 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

One post commentary for Moxxy today, Think Stevie deserves one

Ah Stevie, definitely one of my favourites on the wings. Very beautiful and a really funky dress sense, looking very foxy today as well, love the boots. Notice she’s shown Wakeyist tendencies on the wings, I wonder if those were honest or just talk, either way it’s going to be an interesting game
Oh she owns a vintage clothing boutique, that explains her sense of style. Bit of a nervous giggle there but otherwise she seems confident enough.

Ouch, three 5 figure reds in the first three boxes, that’s a bad start! The 1p goes some way to redressing the balance but there’s still a long way to go...

Going into the break – Stevie’s doing much better now. Two blues so far and the board is looking more evenly balanced. But whoops, was that a Freudian slip? Watch me win £250 indeed, the Banker’s not going to let her forget that in a hurry.
And it’s an all blue round, that’s a relief, the Banker can’t offer £250 on that board, no matter how much I suspect he’d like to.

And the all blue round is immediately followed by an all red round, she’s found another one of the P5 too. It’s one step forward two steps back in this game. Still the Banker hasn’t punished her as harshly as he might considering, £7500 from £8750 isn’t that huge a drop

And going into the second break with a mixed round so far, one hit each to the respective power fives. Effectively it’s a one box game for Stevie now as well, huge gap between the £250k and the highest backup, plus that other £250 is still there to haunt her.

Phew, the Banker’s P5 is now gone but it’s still a very precarious board. Think it’s worth one more round though.
Go Stevie, Go Stevie, Go Stevie – that was the round she needed, two blues and the lowest red, it doesn’t get much better than that. Not at this stage in the game.

Blimey o’riley. £22k. That’s considerably higher than 80% of the board, time to find out if Stevie really is as big a gambler as she’s implied. Personally I’d be out of there. Did laugh when she rubbed Noel’s beard for luck as well – is she confusing him with a leprechaun?

Oh crikey, she said No Deal That’s either very brave or very foolish...I’m holding Terry responsible if this goes pear shaped, I swear she was on the verge of dealing before he opened his big mouth.
Oh rabbits! Of all the bad luck, to hit the £250k first box. Why do i get a feeling she won’t find the £250 as easily?
No, she doesn’t so we have £10,000 or £250 and an offer that would force anyone but the most blue-fearing of players to go on.

Interesting that the last 2 boxes are 22 and 13 her age and her birthday respectively. Oh, she’s taking the swap despite insisting earlier that 13 is unlucky for her. Then again she’s skipped past it twice during the game so it could be a number of deep personal significance.

You know much as i love Stevie and want her to win big money it would be quite amusing to see her win £250 given it’s been a running joke throughout the show. And she does, some would call that poetic justice after she declined £22. Not me, bad luck Stevie but well player

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:33 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

Spooky finish given what she had said, although it did seem rather inevitable given so many mentions of her slip of the tongue made the edit, that's the benefit of seeing shows like this live, that any mentioning is obviously inconsequential at the time, and not based on the hindsight that occasionally informs the edits.

Even with this in mind, I was surprised she turned down £22k at 5-box - I really didn't think she was much of a gambler, and it was much higher than she had been offered throughout the game. Terry's haphazard probability wouldn't have exactly helped the decision, although she clearly wanted to make the most of her chance anyway. For me, the odds were significantly against her, and £22k was sufficiently far enough away from the £15k to make it a certain deal.

It's a shame she didn't even get the consolation of £10k, and instead it goes down as one of the biggest crashes to a blue (along with Kirsty, Katie, Matty, Adam and most famously Orry).

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:21 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

Thought Stevie would deal 22K, but with the 10K and 15K back up amounts it wasn't such a bad decision to go on,
just didn't work out.

What's good is that she wasn't influenced by the 1p win the previous show.

rayrumkee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:43 am    Author: rayrumkee    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

A very interesting game and she looked FANTASTIC but she has to be the most impetuous player I've seen in a long time, hardly seeming to consider any of the offers before no-dealing and then having that breath-taking, rush-of-blood-to-the-head moment at the end.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:10 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

I was a bit short yesterday...apologies to everyone...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

As short as Noel and I?

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

In my eyes, that was a brilliant game. Yes, the result wasn't great but there was plenty of tension and entertainment there, I really enjoyed it. It shows that great games don't always have big wins.

As people have said, the amount of times the "prediction" was mentioned in the edit, suggested something like this would happen. I hoped it wouldn't but it did bring about an interesting game.

Her no deal at £22,000 really suprised me. I was sure she was going to deal. But what do I know, eh?

lcc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 am    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

great gal she looked great but £22,000 :shock: silly billy wasnt it weird about the £250 though must have been her destiny if only she had kept her box i suppose she thought its about 13 was lucky for her but it wasnt she will be staying away from that number ferom now on well apart from her birthday :laughing ,ah well she had guts didnt she i,m sure her money will go towards something :smt023

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:12 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

Tom wrote:
As people have said, the amount of times the "prediction" was mentioned in the edit, suggested something like this would happen. I hoped it wouldn't but it did bring about an interesting game.

At the risk of labouring the point, Noel mentioned the 'prediction' endlessly in the studios during that game. The edit really didn't favour those comments over any others.

When Noel latches on to something, he really latches on to something!

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:19 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

lcc wrote:
great gal she looked great but £22,000 :shock: silly billy wasnt it weird about the £250 though must have been her destiny if only she had kept her box i suppose she thought its about 13 was lucky for her but it wasnt she will be staying away from that number ferom now on well apart from her birthday :laughing ,ah well she had guts didnt she i,m sure her money will go towards something :smt023

Hi Linz......I thought she said that 13 was unlucky for her (apart from her birthday)...she was going to open it earlier in the game but decided against it......wonder if she wishes she had now...it would have also destroyed the £250 theme of the game.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Stevie

Stevie seems to have morphed into Suzi on the front page of this website.

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]