Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:53 am Last visit was: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:53 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Milly opens box 19 and reveals 10p

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

And he avoids the 10p club, by a swap..

Narrow escape but what unbelievable luck at the end, suddenly the bad luck has returned :(

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

Again, copying KP's one post commentary idea as I love reading them :)

We've had 3 banker spankings in a row so it's got to be more unlikely that we'll have one today.

Taking out the £250,000 in the first round is not optimal gameplay imo.

Average at 17-box is ~£17,000. He actually gets an offer of £DEAL?. £7,500 for that board isn't terrible by any means. Still, I'd expect a quick no deal. He has done, good boy.

Eek. Two more of the power 5. What are the chances that we'll have someone regret turning down £7,500 at the first offer?

£3,000 is actually a hit at this point. That board needs all potential stability for later in the game that it can get. Ah, now we're back to normal as we're offered £NO_DEAL, and on we go.

lol, a red straight off. This has potential to be one of those games which is good because of how bad it is. Two of the higher blues soften the blow a bit.

Average is ~£15,000. For a cautious player £4,500 is probably a reasonable bail out. No deal though.

Wow. We're at 9-box with only 2 reds (1,000/100,000) remaining.

Starting to remind me of Chris' game from the 1000 show countdown. I doubt anything can top that though. His show easily ranks within my top 5 deal or no deal games. I daresay Mad Mark things I'm mad for thinking this.

This break is taking a while, starting to get a bit bored.

Ah, we're back. 1p is essentially irrelevent, but we know how the banker/noel/whoever likes to play it up. Might have just got us another dealable bailout. We haven't, we've been offered £NO_DEAL. Few thousand more and we could have considered it. The problem we have of course is that if we keep the £100,000 to 5-box, what sort of offer are we expecting? Based on the evidence no more than about £8,000 I'm guessing. With that in mind we'd probably have to deal an offer of ~£5,000 here. Easy banker win (regardless of result), but instead he offers half and forces us on.

Oops. And there we have it. OPW if he'd have taken the first offer.

And obviously all the offers from here are pointless. May as well just open the box. lol, round 6 was the nightmare round leaving the 2 lowest values. Sums it up really.

Told you that the previous 3 banker spankings made one unlikely today!

Profile E-mail  

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:02 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

Ah well, I guess the good run had to come to an end sometimes.

I felt bad for Spencer. He never really got a good enough offer to deal at. He was very unlucky with the board, and even when he had taken out the £100,000 he was still taking out the remaining numbers in order.

Oddly, it was kind of refreshing to see someone lose. It's been so long since I've seen someone have such a bad game :eyes:

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer
International Forums Moderator

Apart from the fact I think the 8-box board was only worth about four grand rather than five, I agree with cfd...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

Well the graphic after the speed round where all 3 amounts disappeared off the screen at the same time was nice.

And that's about all the positives from today's game. A completely unavoidable trainwreck today.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:39 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

Let's hope that was a blip rather than end of the good luck.

Poor Spencer didn't have a chance, interesting pattern to the destruction though - odd number rounds were relatively kind but with a sting in the tail, even rounds completely destructive.

It started so promisingly too with great banter between Noel, Spencer and Spencer's G/f and as Simon F said the speed round was beautifully done, not just the graphics but the co-ordination. Visually the best speed round i think i've ever seen

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:51 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

Not much to say about that, a horrible trainwreck that seemed inevitable eventually after the good run of games. Then again, I suppose it was important for the show to have a reality check, shame it was at Spencer's expense. Says a lot that throughout the game, the board strength rating didn't exceed 0.7, which is not great. Can't really blame him for carrying on to the end with not much to lose, especially as there were no really takeable offers (perhaps the opening one was the most generous of them all).

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:18 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

Yeah there's not much you can do really when you take out so many big amounts early on...you literally have to have one of the remaining ones on the table or else it's going to probably end up crashing completely.

Least he added a touch of KP magic at the end by winning the larger of the two amounts by swapping! :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:45 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer
Forum Games Moderator

Look to the bright side! If he didn't swap all he could've bought was one of them tiny packs of tangfastics!

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:34 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

An unavoidable trainwreck. Shame, because he was a decent chap.

Profile E-mail  

Muriel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:22 pm    Author: Muriel    Post subject: Re: 27/08 Spencer

A very fine handsome young man who deserved a lot better.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]