Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Jazmin says there's another round in it, and the others agree...

Jazmin says NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

16 - Paul - £15,000

8 - Spencer - £1

2 - Jerry - Jerry says he feels nervous, and Noel calls a break and promises to give Jerry a slap :P

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

We're back

Jazmin says she's worried! The banker phones and says "how about this" and hangs up :P Jazmin's mum then appears from the side and joins Jazmin at the pound table :D She had been brought from the hotel to support Jazmin!

2 - Jerry - £50

Banker time

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Banker's offer:

£6,500

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Noel says that's a good offer when you consider Jazmin's game so far. Spencer says Jazmin's starting to turn her game around... and her mum tells her to do as she feels.

Jazmin says NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

3 - Terry - 50p

21 - Heather - £10,000

17 - Nic - £100

Banker time

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Noel says bearing in mind how the game started, this isn't a bad 5-box!

Banker's offer:

£12,500

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Jazmin says she's tempted to deal but wants to go on, but she's reminded by the others that the offer is a lot of money! Spencer says she could get a life changing offer next, but she could also win a blue. Noel reminds her that £12,500 is a fortune at her age. She asks if they can call a break! Noel asks her whether she's a gambler or not, as this is a gamble.

She says she'll be upset if she has £250k in her box and didn't follow her instincts...

Jazmin says DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

5 - Michael - £250,000 :D

22 - Stevie - £750

13 - Georgina - 10p

Banker time with £1,000 and £20,000

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Banker's offer would've been:

£7,000

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Jazmin has £1,000 in her box 7

Noel says this is the 3rd banker spanking in a row...

15 - Shaun - £20,000

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Just caught the part where the biggie was revealed, that's 3 games in a row the biggie is shown after the deal, what a week for DOND, so far :D

Last edited by killersbee on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin
International Forums Moderator

Let's recap this in one post.

We already have had a hat-trick of banker spankings if you count Des's as one (and for the sake of it, we shall). Have you already forgotten Calum's game? Or have you conveniently managed to forget it despite it being filmed less than 24 hours earlier? Given that the show had the counter-themes of youthful rebellion and obedient Wakeyism, I wouldn't want to flag it up myself if I were Endemol either, however good it was.

Speaking of youthful rebellion, it's a teenage student of a vocational course with no relatives in the audience! I fancy a bit of youthful exuberance here.

We're not going to get it if it's a one-box game at 19-box. And golly, didn't I pick the right game to not follow on the forum as it happened! Opening offer is £NO_DEAL and merely an opportunity for some Banker trash talk.

Looks like 'bidtv' put everyone else off talking in the thread too. Second round is a good 'un, orange-blue-blue. Does Noel advising contestants on their phone conversations with the Banker count as meddling or not? Anyway, £NO_DEAL at 14-box, and at 13-box there is only one of the Power 5 left. Still, she takes out the other extreme next, followed by another blue, and the offer increases almost threefold despite the loss of the top safety net. This says more about the 14-box offer than this one. It's not even that there's another round in it, Jazmin, it's that the consequences of it going wrong are pretty minimal given the gains to be had.

Third red-blue-blue round in a row, that, cancelling out the red-red-red-red-blue opener to create a 4/4 eight-box split with an isolated jackpot. It's a decent position, a position where the Banker would be expected to be anxious of a young female without weighty responsibilities. Does it show in the offer? Erm, no. Noel considers this offer good; I suppose we should praise him for not being Wakeyist, unless he merely wants to make the inevitable No Deal look braver than it is.

She starts the round with a blue for the first time, but the theme has actually remained, as the red goes second and a blue third. Lawks, has she really got to a position where the Morris/Bunney finish mythologised yesterday is still on, without so much as turning down a five-figure offer? She has as well. The offer is still an easy No Deal for me, but Jazmin... Deals? With Noel having possibly influenced the decision in that direction? Can someone check this isn't DoND fanfiction?

Well that shut me up... blimey-o-flip, fourth red-blue-blue round of the game, and in every round but the first she took out two blues and one red. And that's the fourth banker spanking in a row! Didn't they luck out with this week?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:28 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

First game I've watched in ages that isn't a repeat... This game is too darn tense!

Jazmin was lovely but those first 3 boxes took a lot out of her, and understandably so. It brought back memories of that poor Australian contestant whose first 4 boxes were the top 4, in order! After that it seemed like the banker had the perfect chance to "avenge" yesterday's big win, with pants offers. Despite that, I was glad Jazmin dealt when she did, as not only was it the first offer worth a minute's consideration but I was worried she was going to hit one of the remaining big numbers in the last box of the 5th round!

Let's hope that tomorrow, above everything else, the boxes are kinder and the offers are pushed up as a result!

willrelf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:39 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin
Forum Games Moderator

Sadly I missed this game, but I really liked Jazmin a lot and I'm glad she dealt at the right point.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Classic case today of a player being so indecisive at 5 box (due to the banker rightly reasoning that the fair offer of around £18k ish wasn't needed today) that dealing was probably the right decision for her but not for the board.

No doubt about the OPW today with the lack of the hypo-swap.

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

missed the first 3 shows sadly :( but well done to jaz on her 12k anyway.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:46 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Bit thin on the ground commentary-wise today, although it wasn't exactly the easiest of games to get into, especially after a pretty destructive start. To be fair, it never seems like Jazmin would threaten the banker with a large payout, and she was a bit overly negative about her game, I suppose she was a bit nervous as she wasn't expecting to play (although why you wouldn't be prepared after that amount of time, I'm not sure - I mean, she's been on there since March it feels like. Oh wait, hang on...). Thank god her mum turned up, that gave her a bit of confidence and belief.

I really thought she would go on at 5-box - the offer is well below what the benchmark suggests of nearly £29,000. Her board was 2.7 times stronger than the average board at this stage, yet her offer was only 1.2 better than the norm (if you're confused by this analysis, there is an explanation here).

The banker played on her vulnerability and knew she would be worried about dropping to a blue from this sum of money sufficiently enough to ultimately take this substandard offer. Played her perfectly - but still got spanked, what a period for the players this is turning out to be!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Last edited by StatsMan on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

Duplicated post. Oops!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:24 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 26/08 Jazmin

A very emotional game. Jazmin came across as a bubbly vivacious girl on the wings but clearly a combination of not expecting to be called* and that destructive opening round really knocked her for six. I guess this game could be cited as an example of why family members should be allowed in the audience.

There were arguments for going on and for dealing at five box and a Deal was clearly the right decision for Jaz. To be fair given what she had to build on, coming from an opening offer of £500, she was never going to get a really substantial offer unless she had the £20,000/ £250,000 finish.

What was happening over on BidTV? Did i miss anything interesting?

* Though clearly she knew her time was iminent with her mother already in Bristol and boyfriend travelling down that night, suggesting she thought she might be called in the next batch of three :ponder:

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]