Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:38 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Warnings: 0
I loved Calum's relationship with his Mum. I'm glad he did so well.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:41 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

A fantastic game, and one which I don't think I'll ever forget, particularly since -- as I mentioned above -- I was lucky enough to see it live from my vantage point slap bang in the middle of the audience. Calum's enthusiasm, his excitement, his energy, his openness and his warmth immediately endeared everybody in the room to him. I think the editors did a good job of trying to convey the extreme tension we were all feeling (particularly during that final round), but the final programme can only do so much, really. I remember leaving the studios feeling so emotionally drained that I couldn't really think about much else for quite a while. In fact, when I went back a week later for my next audience visit, the other audience regulars who were there were still talking about Calum's game!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Great game with tension, thought the 40K was too generous though as 30K probably would have done it.

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Sensational game! I loved it.

Absolutely brilliant stuff, Callum had the bottle and it paid-off, he really deserved it.

Thank God Callum was strong enough to ignore his mum's advice, a rare example of an interfering relative being over-ruled. Season 4 has been excellent, what a great way to finish.

lcc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:44 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

yeah he did fab dont think callum needs any smarties does he??????well done enjoy mexico its great i,ve been :smt023 :smt028 :smt028 .....spend your money wisely..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:03 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week
Forum Games Moderator

Calum was very brave considering if he'd found the £100,000 it would have been an entirely different game, and also because his mother kept telling him to deal and he went against that. Glad he got the OPW, he deserved it! Congratulations Calum!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:56 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Wow, what a game to end the season with - one of the most emotionally wrought games I can remember in quite a while (Kerry's was also quite emotionally draining in the audience, but in a completely different way). He had the strength of character to play his own game, and thank god he ignored most people's protestations about going for box 15!

The banker recognised the emotional rollercoaster either way on that box, and so upped the promised offer to £40k to ensure he went on (although in reality I think he would've taken £30k). There were quite a few dramatic cuts towards the end - just about everyone was crying except Calum himself! Just an extraordinary game, and the tension must have been tenfold in the audience, an experience to never forget. Also, that's one of the few times there's been a standing ovation at the end of the game!

Amazing in one week we've had 2 10p boxes sell for a combined value of £75,000! :shock: (and today was the biggest ever selling of the 10p box!)

I think we all need a one-month break to recover from that game!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Muriel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:10 pm    Author: Muriel    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Was a bit disappointed when he announced he had a girl friend still I don't suppose it would have worked between us given the age difference.
Also I don't think I'd have the energy to keep up with him, glad he did well though, if you read this though Callum and decide you'd like to meet just send me a message.
Lots Of Love
Muriel

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Brilliant game, and a perfect end to the season!

His mum needed to be proved wrong, and boy was she proved wrong! £40,000 was a cast-iron deal, so the 10p in the box was the icing on the cake!

Well done to everyone for another season!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:42 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Yay!!!!!!! :-D I'm just adding to all the other comments about what a totally most wonderfully fantastically fabbie game! It's my fav by far! Callum was superb, just so warm and natural, just a brilliant brilliant player and person. I want to start a Callum fan club!!!!!! :smt055 :-D :-D
Wow lucky you Mr Al being in the audience! :smt023 Sounds like it was electric in the Dream Factory that day! :D
WELL DONE CALLUM!! :smt026 Most excellent result, 40K and a holiday in Mexico! Woo hoo! And the best telly I've seen in ages! Yeeehaaa!!!! :smt041

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

What an amazing game to end the season, Calum you are a star :D

His Mum is very proud of him you could tell that, what a lovely family :D

Thanks to Kestral and David for all their hard work, enjoy your break :D

And thanks to all you stats people for keeping us all informed :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Brilliant way to end the season. The sight of Calum cowering behind Noel when the boxes were opened at the end was hilarious as was the look on his mum's face when he no dealt.

I probably would have been sensible at 3 box and dealt at £15k but the gamble wasn't mathematically unsound, especially when the banker upped the payout to 1.66 to 1 on a 66% chance. It took some guts to take the gamble and thank goodness he didn't pick the other box.

Shame there was no montage at the end of the show but I'm sure that will be put right by some forum members in the next week or so.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:32 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

'mother does not know best'...thank god for that!! She was really really annoying me at the second 10k offer point! Mind you, it looks like she's had her work cut out with hyper calum!

What a brilliant brilliant game, what a show to end on. Two weeks in mexico too...was this filmed before or after the swine flu outbreak? Not that it matters now anyway :shock:

That one could easily be featured in the best games coming up next week :smt023

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:23 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

Agree with everyone above that was a delightful fun game (if a little exhausting both emotionally & physically) and a fantastic way to end series 4.

Really felt for Ella at the end there, i thought she was going to pass out, don't know what she would have done if it had been the £100k in her box.

Some very brave (some might say reckless) no deals from Calum that thankfully played off for a very likeable warmhearted young man.

I'll definately be back for series 5 - see you then

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:56 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

By the way, did anybody else spot the ex-contestant who happened to be in the audience for this game? There was even a close-up shot at one point.

I'm sure that H will recognise this person, since they were one of the box-openers in his game.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:06 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week
Forum Games Moderator

I didn't, I'm not an eagle-eye like most of you lol. I'll be all-too-happy to be told who it was though! :lol: :smt023

BoxClever

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:07 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

So, The Banker got his banana out for the season finale (he seems to only show it to young men – first our h2005, now Calum)… and wasn’t it brilliant? (The season finale, that is.)

Calum’s mum took over The Banker’s usual role as the villain of the piece, angering any members of the audience with wakeyist tendencies by pleading for Calum to deal at almost every offer. Thankfully, he ploughed on regardless… and, even more thankfully, he was right to do so.

Like his neapolitan ice cream, Noel was quite a mixture – gravitating towards the mother’s point of view at times, but still remaining supportive of Calum. I loved the way that Calum clung to Noel before each box opening, producing the great Noel quote “He’ll probably rip my head off if it’s blue, but it’ll be worth it.” And good on Calum for lifting Noel into the air at the end.

We all know that if the player had a dream about a big number being in a certain box then they’re asking for trouble by opening that box at a crucial point in the game, but good job Calum did ignore the overwhelming advice of the room to go for Ella’s box 15… otherwise he’d have been left with a 10p/£10 finale.

The whole thing was made more surreal by that swimming costume Calum was wearing – I suspect he would have been slightly calmer if it was a normal game and he was wearing his normal clothes. Who wants calm, though? That game rocked.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:59 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

MisterAl wrote:
By the way, did anybody else spot the ex-contestant who happened to be in the audience for this game? There was even a close-up shot at one point.

I'm sure that H will recognise this person, since they were one of the box-openers in his game.

Ooh...i must check it again as i still have it on dvd, can't say i was concentrating too much on the audience!

As for ella...i thought they'd need the paramedics on hand again. I myself was squealing 'NOOO!!' at the tv when he picked her. Good lord. I squealed even louder when it was the blue. There's not been a game like that in a while, at least none that elicits a squeak outta me! :smt023

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:19 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

MisterAl wrote:

i didnt see anyone :( i didnt think ex contestants were allowed back unless theyve been asked :S

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:46 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Calum - Seaside Specials Week

flamedtresses wrote:
MisterAl wrote:

i didnt see anyone :( i didnt think ex contestants were allowed back unless theyve been asked :S

Yes i did notice that ex contestant, an older lady, can't remember her name but she was nice I'm sure of it, was it in one of the special weeks she was on all dressed up in a crazy costume??

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]