Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:29 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:29 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:10 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Simon

Warnings: 0
OMG!!!!

I hadn't seen the spoilers and was taken by surprise.

Initially I was puzzled why the fainting incident was left in, it made for uneasy viewing, but when it all came good with a very happy ending it made sense why it was included. Very much an engineered big win (again), but overall I found it to be an enjoyable show.

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:19 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Simon

StatsMan wrote:
Obviously quite a lot of talking points from that game, and a game that won't be forgotten certainly. I felt a bit uneasy watching that sequence with Simon's wife fainting, but I suppose it had to be kept in for continuity, and the show prides itself on being honest to viewers, even if in this case it didn't make the most comfortable of viewing.

Then to contrast that torturous moment with the elation at the £35k being revealed - there were a couple more shocks in that I wasn't expecting him to take the gamble, and to swap was also quite a surprise - I don't think I would have the nerve to swap in that situation (knowing I might've given a power 5 away for a blue would be much worse for me than never having had it). But it worked out brilliantly, he seemed a great guy from the recordings I saw, and he provided us with a truly memorable game.

I think the programme would have been edited differently if the outcome had been different.
If Simon's wife had been taken seriously ill the collapse would not have been shown.
If the gamble hadn't paid off we would have seen much less of the cut away to his wife in the green room.

JS Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:49 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Simon

Muriel wrote:
I'm just glad he took the swop, I've recently had a very heated argument on another site who said he thinks the show is fixed.
It would have been such an awful anti-climax if he'd won the 10p.
Him taking the swop at least showed all the doubters the happy ending wasn't a fix.Lots Of Love
Muriel

Au contraire Muriel. Simon had already said that the number 15 was significant to him, so it was very likely he would take the swop

Muriel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:33 pm    Author: Muriel    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Simon

JS Boy wrote:
Muriel wrote:
I'm just glad he took the swop, I've recently had a very heated argument on another site who said he thinks the show is fixed.
It would have been such an awful anti-climax if he'd won the 10p.
Him taking the swop at least showed all the doubters the happy ending wasn't a fix.Lots Of Love
Muriel

Au contraire Muriel. Simon had already said that the number 15 was significant to him, so it was very likely he would take the swop

You may well have a point, although I hope you are not suggesting the show is in any way fixed.
I'm afraid I do get very angry with people who make this suggestion, so much so one time it did get rather physical between me and some young man in a pub who made this suggestion.
I'm afriad I'm not very proud of myself when I admit he was on the receivng end of a rather large smack round the chops.

JS Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Simon

Muriel,
You may like to see my posts on Kerry's game - on the other hand if you want to stay calm, don't bother

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:48 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Simon

Oh my word.
I'd known about the fainting incident after reading about it in the Sun last week and the fact that he got offered the BG. I had no idea though about whether he would take it or on what final two.

The game was amazing, especially the last few minutes. The "omen" as such gave him the courage to not only take the Banker's Gamble but to swap as well. I was so pleased when the £35,000 was revealed, he did deserve it.

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]