Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:21 am Last visit was: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:21 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Good round, probably get an offer of £6128 now...

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Round 6

11 - £100 Gail

7 - £250 Jazmin

18 - £10 Nic

Banker time with £500 and £15,000 remaining

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Noel says he has never seen anyone do a round like that with so much style.

Banker's offer:

£7,128

Profile E-mail  

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel
Forum Games Moderator

Offer quite near to the average, so that's a deal for me.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Yes! :D

Now hopefully he'll go for it...

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Cast iron deal for me

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

That is a very good offer says Noel, and he also reveals that the Banker would offer the SWAP if he plays on. Daniel says that if he knew the Banker was going to offer the SWAP he was always going to deal beforehand as he believes it is bad luck.

Noel says that makes the decision easy then and asks the question. The Banker calls back and says that Daniel isn't getting the SWAP then!!!

Daniel says

DEAL

Profile E-mail  

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel
Forum Games Moderator

I think £15,000 might be in the box.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Another one takes it, was quite good but I hope he hasn't done the same thing as yesterday...

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Noel opens box 6 and reveals £500

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Oh Phew, what a relief! :D

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Box 22 with Milly contains the £15,000

Profile E-mail  

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel
Forum Games Moderator

Nope, £500 so that's a good game played by Daniel. Could have dealt at £10,128 earlier in the game, but I doubt many people would do that. Well played Daniel!

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

lcc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

woo hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!enjoy your money daniel.... :smt023

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:07 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Can't argue with that deal for one moment.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:33 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

kestral wrote:
Noel opens box 6 and reveals £500

kestral wrote:
Box 22 with Milly contains the £500

Umm, Kes, are you alright? :lol:

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Wow, Daniel was a cool customer wasn't he?

Enjoyed that game, it was never for huge money but interesting and excellent to see decent money being offered on a poor board. It always makes for better viewing than joke offers on a poor board! The quickie round from 5-box was legendary, but I think a very good tactic as you can pick a box you want to leave beforehand then the 3 boxes you want to eliminate can be done so really fast!

I couldn't believe the generoisity of the £7,128 offer either, it was a grand more than I expected for sure, even though I reckoned the offer would be good as Daniel clearly had the banker's respect, he seemed to be able to "play the banker" a lot better than most of the women who have played recently have done. Great to see the blue in his box after the deal too, the banker was messing about with the swap, so we know he'd have only got £500 if he'd gone on.

And interesting observation from greeny about Box 1 - I swear that box always seems to have a biggie a crucial time (I first took notice of it due to it ruining 1p Trevor's game with the £250k in it then) - the number of times I've shouted "Don't pick Box 1!!" at the TV when it has a biggie in it is untrue! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel
International Forums Moderator

Curious game, with a bizarre cycle of hitting low numbers and then the top amount on the board. Inevitably it was a stable position, until the fifth-round collapse made him chase the money - a chase which proved successful thanks to a perfect round and a two-box bailout of staggering generosity for a high-volatility finish. Not bad, not bad, and I'm not sure what I'd have done which is a good sign of good Banker play.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

JS Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:03 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

Generous offers all the way through today I thought, including the third offer which was very dealable and as it turned out the best one

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Daniel

BTW, does anyone know why Mark just seemed to randomly disappear halfway through? He looked fine when he opened his box early on, but later on he was just missing for no apparent reason - at least when h disappeared in the middle of Steve's game, Noel gave an explanation for it! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]