Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 25, 2022 11:13 pm Last visit was: Wed May 25, 2022 11:13 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Warnings: 0
best game in ages. The editing showed something would happen at the 2nd break but unlike in Kerry's it was unlikely to be a box win.

Really interesting offer guarantees from the banker - despite the strength of the 18K I would have chased the insanely high 35K guarantee.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Oh fantastic! It was never going to be a big money game without the 1box offer agreement though, which irks me slightly...i can't explain it, perhaps i just prefer the 'purist' games :unsure but a good result

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:01 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

ciderduck wrote:
Oh fantastic! It was never going to be a big money game without the 1box deal agreement though, which irks me slightly...i can't explain it, perhaps i just prefer the 'purist' games :unsure but a good result

was a bit controversial I agree but it wasn't as bad as some twists. All we need now is a convential huge win. I think they just wanted a positive outcome.

Perhaps the game would have been more interesting with the 35K guarantee at 5 box but without the extra offers.

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:07 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat
Forum Games Moderator

Pat got the most money possible out of the game, and achieved the banker spanking! The money clearly meant a lot to her, so I'm glad she dealt.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

AnneM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

:smt023 A good game to watch and pleased with the outcome.

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Round 5 was one box away from the nightmare scenario of an all blue 5 box,
so an OPW for £18,000 is an amazing result. I was concerned that Pat was going to try her luck one too
many boxes, but one of the most satisfying OPW's for a very long time, and great entertainment! :D

It's interesting to think what would have happened had there not been one box offers. If Pat had dealt for 6K she would
still have been very happy with the outcome, and if she'd no dealt at 5 box it would have been a complete traincrash! :shock:

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat
International Forums Moderator

Desperate intervention works out spectacularly for Pat, denying us a third consecutive blue win (if she'd have played on with three to open at £6k - possible, but not certain). Has there ever been three straight blue wins?!?

I'd have expected a £36k offer guarantee at two-box as early as the £18k guarantee - keep the pattern going - and still had an expectation of taking the £18k. Brilliant play from Pat - but was the 'banker's game' one of the contestants referred here actually playing to lose?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:43 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

KP wrote:
Has there ever been three straight blue wins?!?

Yep. Three wins below £1000 on the trot has happened on three separate occasions so far. I leave it as an exercise for the interested reader to find them.

We're still waiting for our first four-in-a-row. Thankfully.

Profile E-mail  

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Yay what a wonderful ending for Pat, :-D she was GREAT and took her one opportunity and played brilliantly! :smt023 Super dooper painful spanking for the banker :spank and a LOVELY lot of lolly for Pat! Well done Pat me dear, enjoy your fabulous winnings! :-D I nearly cried when she said all those lovely heart felt things at the end of the game.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:51 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

And all the contestants who have been forced on with something derisory on a one power 5/rubbish last 5, then hit the big money 3rd box will be up in arms there. :)

Really pleased for Pat but it's sad that the only "good outcomes" of the month have come from two gimmicks and a 3rd round deal.

I could tell by the time that it wasn't just going to be a trainwreck though. I thought originally it would end up being a big decision taking forever on £75k/blue, but what she did do was good enough. I've seen many a time people chase the inflated promised 2-box offer and crash to nothing (or resist the temptation than find a blue), so relieved to see it work out!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:13 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Thank goodness Pat didn't take the £35,000 bait! What a perfect result!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:43 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

I flicked on the TV to see Pat Deal at £18,000, and bamm, the £75k goes! :D

Best OPW this month so far, enjoy £18,000, Pat :smt023

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:58 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Noel Edmonds falls for urban myth shock! - You cannot see The Great Wall of China from space, fact.

Apart from that it was a great game, extremely well played by Pat, excellent decisions made under pressure by a lovely lady. What a good contestant choice, more like that please Endemol.

jonny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

MisterAl wrote:
KP wrote:
Has there ever been three straight blue wins?!?

Yep. Three wins below £1000 on the trot has happened on three separate occasions so far. I leave it as an exercise for the interested reader to find them.

We're still waiting for our first four-in-a-row. Thankfully.

Margaret, Joy and Steve from March '08! Did you ever see those games, Al? :P ;)

As for Pat's game...as happy as I am for her, part of me couldn't be happy with what I consider a pretty contrived show. It's getting to the stage where the banker is clearly shining through obviously as a member of the production team, rather than playing the part of the banker. Why on earth would the banker give Pat an offer after every box?! It's like playing poker with your pocket cards stuck to your head! By giving Matt a laptop yesterday, and Pat a ridiculous chance to squeeze money out of what otherwise would have been a blue win, the producers are messing with the format too much - probably because they've realised that runs of bad luck (and let's face it, with Deborah, Olivia and Pauline's bad luck, Noel's mediocre win, and Dan's third-round deal, recent shows have hardly been tantalising) are not going to attract audiences; especially days away from the summer break - and they want to give a good-feel to the last few games of July.

But anyway, I'm still happy for Pat's win; bravo on a conclusive victory! :)

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:42 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Connell, Debbie and John were another 3, at the end of season 1.

Profile E-mail  

maggieq

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:09 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

:) as much as l'm pleased that Pat won some decent money,the way the game panned out l feel its alittle unfair on other contestants who won peanuts.that said, l feel its time for the summer break.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

greeny wrote:
Connell, Debbie and John were another 3, at the end of season 1.

Kulwant (£10), Irene (52p) and Caroline (£500) in Battle of the Sexes, in a week that included 4 blue wins and a non-monetary prize.

Anyway, back to today's game. Didn't it seem inevitable that Pat would have a low blue after her run of massive reds that branded her the nickname Agent Orange? Another pretty horrible game thankfully rescued by the twist, which certainly provided some interesting dilemmas.

Not sure I would've been brave enough to go on at 18k, even with that massive promised offer of £35k. I think I would've felt 18k was a great recovery from the game (and would be about the usual blue/ 75k offer), and I think Pat felt this as well. It was a sensible decision, but I can see the justifications for going on.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Found Pat a bit annoying at first - unable to count to three, not concentrating on the game, all the things that wind me up - but she became more focused when we got to the 'business end' of the game and - whatever the reasons for the Bankers very generous bonus offers - she played him at his own game, concentrated on the odds and not the promises and got out at the perfect moment

An excellent result :smt023

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:47 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

Bizarre ending to the game. After 2 days of derisory offers on a 1 box game at 5 box, it looked like we were getting another but then the banker allows an offer after each box. Makes good TV but why not give a decent offer at 5 box (something around the £9k mark).

Kudos for Pat not being suckered into taking the risk at 3 box. My philisophy is normally to gamble twice in this situation (1 in 4 chance of disaster is my limit) and it would have paid off today. Had she no dealt today, it would have been heart-breaking.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:47 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 10/07 Pat

A really good game....well done Pat, enjoy all that lovely money xx

Profile E-mail  
 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]