Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:01 pm Last visit was: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:01 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
The Banker, in asking people to talk her into a Deal, has explicitly admitted players can be swayed. Can they be swayed in the other direction? You betcha.

I'd be gone in a nano-second with this offer. And she's gone too! Expect the usual suspects to blame the hubby, but that would have been a huge gamble, no less questionable for being outdone in every respect five days ago. Good play!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Okay, so she takes £22,000, then

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Gladys tells Noel that she has got her bath now :D

Noel opens box 22 and reveals £75,000

Box 2 with Pat contains the £250

I knew it says Gladys, but she is also happy with her £22,000 as it is more money than she has ever had.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Ah crud!!! :smt009 :smt011

So the pattern continues for another day...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Yes, £75,000 was in her box, but at least she had a sense of reality and knew what was truly important to her - and the offer was that good because the Banker clearly believed she'd be at least a little bit reckless!

Job well done for both sides.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Should have had more belief in her lucky number. But ah well. Still a good win.

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

About 21k more than looked likely for most of that game. Well played Gladys!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

A new feature for the forum: Tweets of the Game. I'll check out the Twitter posts on the show and pick out some highlights. Two massive standouts today:

The grand daughter's smiling away. I bet she's thinking "It'll all be in the will"

OMG, Gladys is STORMING it on Deal or No Deal. Amazing game!
- posted at 4:51pm with only one red left on the board!!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:18 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Well I can't complain at today's game. Much more interesting decisions and a decent amount of tension.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Yeah, it was much much better, apart from it looking very dangerous at one point...

It was a great game...until Gladys realised she could've had £53,000 more, which the majority would definatly take

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:47 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys
Forum Games Moderator

It's not about what you lose, it's about what you win.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

True, but only the top 20 biggest winners followed that saying and they all won big :)

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:47 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

I did honestly think it was a little bit of a shame that she didn't go for it as the fifth-offer was more risky to turn down than the last offer but she said that she has never had £22,000 in her life and I perfectly understand her decision and it was exciting and tense that last round. I she gets what she wants with the money. Well done Gladys
I think that today whether people wanted to deal or no deal (especially the fifth and last offer) was perfectly resonable today.

Profile E-mail  

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Well done Gladys :smt023 Just caught the last 15 mins but enjoyed it,what a lovely lady.

Profile E-mail  

taff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

I was really looking forward to Gladys's game and it certainly didn't disappoint. Well played!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:50 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Fantastic turn around there and Gladys was an amazing player - very hard to read.

I probably would have bottled that one at 5 box myself and was impressed by the way Gladys played on. So relieved when it paid off for her.

As for that final offer - well £250 wouldn't buy her a walk in bath would it? I think given the vast chasm between the two amounts on the board and the respectable amount offered the Deal was the right decision to make (hindsight notwithstanding)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:07 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

That was a great game, it looked like another disaster might be looming with just the £75k left at 8-box, so to get £22,000 out of the game was a great recovery! I think I would've taken £6,000, but not entirely sure - I know I would've taken anything north of £7,500. With the promise of £22k, I probably would've carried on actually, but not without a guarantee.

Great moment when she no-dealt at 5-box with the husband persuading a deal, and I don't think any of her decisions were ultimately swayed by him, which made it more interesting. I think sometimes during the decisions, she checked what she was about the say, for fear of saying the wrong thing (or "doing a Mary", as it's known... :D )

Well, one more game this week which I may or may not know about, followed by 3 games I do know about... and then 2 more next week! :D

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

Well all I could see at the 2nd break was another trainwreck or a low 4-figure deal to avoid back-to-back blues, so even though she had the £75k in the box, she did really well to get as much as she did. I didn't think she had the big money at all, I had a feeling it was with Pat so was relieved when she dealt!

Provided she wouldn't have swapped at the end it was a shame she didn't avoid the 1p as she might have been forced on with a joke offer (or even a swap) and won the £75k! (But I don't want another repeat of Julie's game thanks very much!!)

Ironic Emma no-dealt and had the blue then Gladys dealt on a similar pair and had the big money but that's the game - if they'd played each other's games they'd have been two of the best!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:00 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

I was certain she was going to deal to 5 box today but then she displayed what I call "gambling old ladies syndrome". Would have been heatbreaking to have a second trainwreck in a row, but with the £75k on the table that was never going to happen.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:04 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Gladys

James1978 wrote:
Ironic Emma no-dealt and had the blue then Gladys dealt on a similar pair and had the big money but that's the game

Yeah, the Irony at it's most cruellest... :(

James1978 wrote:
If they'd played each other's games they'd have been two of the best!

Yes, agreed! :D

The Season 4 Finale is not far off now, I pray we get a huge win before Season 4 wraps up

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]