Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 25, 2022 10:51 pm Last visit was: Wed May 25, 2022 10:51 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Jehad knew £12,000 would do a lot for him so I'm glad he took it! Gameplay was a bit dodgy at the start, but got better towards the end and he managed to achieve the banker spanking! Congratulations Jehad!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:06 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

Thought he was gonna come a cropper but it all turned out great. :smt023 Well done Jehad.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

That's unbelievably the first OPW since Amy - well played too becuase you could see the power of a "block" - the 5th round was decidedly dodgy but Jehad's composure coupled with the fact he still had a couple of decent boxes to rely on meant a stock which was excellent for the board, he wisely took it then destroyed it. Also if he'd dealt at 8-box it would have given the banker a chance to up the 5-box offer in proveout by going to the mean, as he'd have used the random "Wow, you believe in a lucky stone that didn't work for Judith yesterday, I'm scared of you so I'd have offered the mean" type thing! :)

Teasing his wife pretending he was going to no-deal was a great bit of entertainment too!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

After a dodgy start it all worked out well in the end and clearly the money meant a lot to him. Enjoy your £12,000 Jehad.
The offer at 5-box even got me thinking as it was generous. I missed yesterday's episode and I haven't been able to watch. The 4OD Catch-up seems to have not posted the last couple of games even though normally they posted straight after it has been shown once.
I don't believe in the curse of the player and personally would choose the box number not the player.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:43 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

Brilliant game! :smt023

Really looked like we were headed for another train crash there, so glad Jehad managed to turn it around.

Never a big, big money game but considering the way his luck was going £12k was a respectable amount at 5 box and he got out at the peak of the game which is always great to see.

Definately the pickmeup we needed after recent games

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

Where did those last few offers come from? :shock:

Great to see Jehad realise exactly how generous that 5-box one was, and thank god there was no dangling thread to hang over his decision - there was only one outcome from this game; accept the good offers or be punished for being greedy :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:55 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

Great game. Good to see the banker give not one but two very respectable offers in the latter half of the game.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:06 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

And the failure streak ends with a Epic Win. Nice :) .

Congrats to Jehad, and enjoy the money :) .

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:58 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

A very generous 5 box offer, was definitely not expecting a stick so it was great to see Jehad take this and as a result get an OPW.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:04 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad
Administrator & Global Moderator

Something that struck me as being a little odd - didn't Jehad's wife seem to want him to deal at 8-box? Yet when he dealt at 5-box, she seemed almost annoyed that he hadn't played on. :?

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:39 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

Enjoyed that game quite a lot - good to see some respectable offers towards the latter half, and good to see he took the 5-box offer and didn't get carried away in the moment or swayed by his wife's thinking! It would have been absolute greed to carry on with a chance of only just over 4 times more, there was no doubt it was the right decision - and it worked out brilliantly!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Jehad

h2005 wrote:
Something that struck me as being a little odd - didn't Jehad's wife seem to want him to deal at 8-box? Yet when he dealt at 5-box, she seemed almost annoyed that he hadn't played on. :?

I don't get what a lot of contestants' spouses are thinking sometimes - I remember Tony (the old Brummie who was a bit of a terminator who played in Nov 07) - his wife seemed to go one way then the other, and she seemed far more upset than he did when he only won £750!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]