Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:12 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Judith went for it because of what has happened in the previous 2 games and it didn't pay off for her. £750 is a sum of money that many people would be happy to have these days, so it's not too bad. Bad luck Judith!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Kanga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

This is a game I saw live in March. There was plenty of banter and Judith remained philosophical about her bad luck and still had a smile at the end. It was the first time I had seem an all blue finish live and it certainly put a damper on the atmosphere in the dream factory. :cry:
Watching it again I realised Judith did have 2 chances to escape with a modest amount - £10,000 at the third offer and £5650 at 5 box. I think she enjoyed her game and was happy with her decisions.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

Bad luck through and through. That 5-box offer was better than it seemed, but was definitely worth going for, so she never made any rash decisions.

I'm just getting a bit tired of the drama queens on here: the biggie goes or a trainwreck is confirmed, "I knew that was going to happen!" :?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Kanga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

Noel's opening remark that Paul could have been the first male quarter millionnaire didn't strike me as particularly significant.

There were no comments about Lisa or Welsh women except Judith's introduction to Emma.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

5.6K was a reasonable offer but Judith was prepared to gamble it so fair enough, shame it didn't work out.

lcc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:19 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

yeah what a shame but not everyones lucky but i,m sure she is happy most of the time about life :smt023 she will be able to get the jacket for her son :-)

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

Missed this game on More 4 and for some reason, it's not on the C4 website yet but looks like I didn't miss much.

The 5 box decision was borderline. Excluding the 10% red finish and 30% blue finish, you have a 30% chance of around £3k and 30% of around £10k. £5,600 is nice placed in between that either decision would have been justifiable today.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

Oh dear, one of those runs where people just can't do the right thing - but in all truth there was really only one big decision today that was arguable either way.

At least it was a proper gamble that went wrong rather than a simply forced blue win like Sylvie's, plus she seemed she'd have regretted it more if she'd dealt and had the £35k in her box, and didn't seem overly disappointed that she only won £750 (it's still a worthy sum after all), so i feel she made the right decision for her.

I just KNEW Pat would have the £35k after the banker's prediction though, it's one of those things they'll only keep in the final edit if it comes true - her record is getting like the last Pat - and Pat who played in Jan 08 was something of a black widow too, is there something in the name? :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:59 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

Have to admire Judith's positivity, she didn't seem to have much luck at all there, but she didn't let it get her down

The opening round was painfull (in fact if she'd hit the £10,000 instead of that solitary blue she'd have made a red ladder which would have been aesthetically pleasing if nothing else) and aside from a brief respite in the 3rd round it never really got any better

A couple of bailout offers that were respectable for the board but one of those games wherethe player might as well go for it. It was never ever going to be a big money game, and if you have to win a blue £750 is the best of a bad bunch.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:39 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

We're on a three-day Banana Sandwich streak now. At this point, it will never end.
More failure tomorrow? You can certainly count on it at this rate.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:27 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

The lucky shepherd's pie didn't work did it? :lol:

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:28 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

I don't remember hearing about Shepard's Pie on the show :suspect:

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:29 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith
Administrator & Global Moderator

kestral wrote:
She also has another picture of a shepards pie :lol: It was the only picture she had with her at her audition for the show so she has brought it along today for luck. :lol:

:smt023

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:04 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Judith

Ahhh :oops:

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]