Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:00 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:00 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Warnings: 0
Good man - that offer was as generous as Lesley's 13K.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott
International Forums Moderator

A guaranteed £26k on orange/£75k would have increased my tipping point, but probably from about £8,500 to £9,500. £11,000 would have been taken before any guarantee could have been made. :)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott
Administrator & Global Moderator

Scott is leaving 5 as it's his birthday

20 - Matt - £3,000

Noel says don't bother clapping!

16 - Kerry - £5,000

2 - Paul - 1p

Banker time with £1,000 and £75,000 remaining

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Hmm, should have been more brave.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Banker's offer would've been:

£26,000

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Scott has £1,000 in his box 7.

5 - Dan - £75,000

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Noel comments how Scott decided to leave Dan earlier, and if he hadn't left him then the game would've been very different!!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

That was a frustrating way to get to that finish. Last box was set up perfectly for high drama. I'm almost positive 1p/£75,000 would be a swap - why else would he make a point of excluding it, given that he's done the swap on that finish more than once before?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Good game - I was shocked the 5 box offer was above 10K and it's OK as he had the grand.

willrelf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:18 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott
Forum Games Moderator

Seems like Scott made the correct decision for him but I haven't seen the game yet. He missed out on £15,000 more but if he's happy with the amount he won then that's fine. Well done Scott!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

That's 3 games in a row where we've seen one deal too soon followed by a TPW! :?

When will the trend end? No one knows... :suspect:

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

We've definitely had a run of games where the player's gone one too soon but been grateful not to go one too late. I suspect this will be the staple game for a while yet, hopefully with some inspired OPWs of any kind along the way too!

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:37 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Here's hoping...

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Obvioulsly it couldn't have happened today with £1k on the table but a 1p/£75k finish could well have been a banker's gamble today

Can't blame Scott for dealing today although even without the banker's prediction, I'd have imagined £75k/orange finish to be at least £20k.

lcc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:24 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

think his girlfriend seemed happier probably thinking how many pairs of shoes and bags am i gonna get????????spend it wisely scott :smt023 ;) well done..shame about the £26,000 though :smt009

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Another decent result from what was looking like a pretty poor board from 11-box, a 5-figure win under those circumstances is excellent. The generoisty of that 5-box offer really did strike me though - I remember 1p Colin that exactly the same last 5 except he had £750 there instead of the £1,000 which made it visually weaker, but was only offered £4k - the big difference between him and Scott was that Scott had momentum with him having had all his bad rounds early in the game I feel. I personally hate poor offers simply because the momentum of the game is against the player.

Shame he left Dan in proveout and fail to get an OPW becuase of it, but if he'd picked it earlier he'd most likely have only taken home 1/11 of what he did get!

I can't believe Scott was only 20 - he didn;t look older but he seemed quite mature for his age, and had a good approach to the game - I mean Tommiii was the same age as him IIRC - big difference there!

And I laughed at the way nobody at all raised an eyebrow when Deborah had the £500 yet again, she must have had it a record number of times of so it seems!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:55 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Yeah i think that's at least the 5th time Deborah's had the £500 pound, and i don't think she's been on the show for 2 whole weeks yet has she?

Very, very good game, i love a late turn around. Okay it's probably not fun for the player but it makes for great television. There was real tension in that game and you could feel the pressure from Scott's GF to deal at 8 box.

Absolutely do not blame him for dealing at 5 box especially given the generosity of the offer. At the same time i think playing on was equally justifiable given he had an 80% chance of a red (or orange) in his box. It's a shame given the decision he made that it didn't translate into an OPW, but still a good result.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:43 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

killersbee wrote:
That's 3 games in a row where we've seen one deal too soon followed by a TPW! :?

When will the trend end? No one knows... :suspect:

This was a TBW as the peak offer was more than double the offer dealt by Scott.

Ann's was an OBW as the box she sold had 50k.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

KP wrote:
I'm almost positive 1p/£75,000 would be a swap

had that happened, i was thinking a gamble might have come in...glad there was a decent enough result in the end, as i wasnt drawn into the game at all. i had the sound off at one point because of pauline....i'm sorry, but i am sick of the attention-seeking behaviour from her anytime her box is chosen. i would leave her to the end in my game, or a very late stage, so i didnt have to listen to that. :smt011 its driving me absolutely mental :whyme

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Scott

Definitely a Banker's Gamble...

Mixed feelings on this one, where the hell did £11,000 come from?!?! That was such a generous offer, especially with the 1p still in play! Just bad luck Scott, like Cuffy, couldn't get the big amount out in the last round to avoid facing an unnecessary higher offer which he'd never have got his hands on!

Good for the £1,000 in the box though; unlucky TBW

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]