Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:43 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Warnings: 0
LINDY LOU wrote:
So glad cuffy won a good amount as he was so involved with other's games. He always gave good advice and brought a little humour. :smt023 Well done.

Thank you lindy lou! that is very kind of you!! i always gave everyone cuddles at breakfast and at the end of the night! everyone was so fantastic and i love them all to bits! xx

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Simon F wrote:
Well done Cuffy. If you can force the banker to give you such a good offer at 5 box that it would take a huge gambler to no-deal it, then you've done a good job. I was half expecting the offer to be around £10k at 5 box which would have been a tough decisoin.

Thanks for that simon, it was hard and i wish i could have gone on!! i have seen a lot of games on tv and in normal circumstances i would have gone on, but my kids...... well that says it all really!!!

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:48 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Well done on the £15k cuffy, I think I would have done the same, it was very dodgy to go on there :D

When you went to Pam with box 2, which has had the £250k more than any other, I was shouting at the tv for you not to open it :roll:

I hope the money is working for you :D

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:55 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

h2005 wrote:
Cuffy, well done on the £15k! As others have said, it was great that you managed to get a respectable offer at 5-box, especially after knocking out the £100k in the round before.

I must admit I was surprised that you played on your 17th show! I thought you'd do more than that, especially as Noel had been having quite a bit of banter with you about what you said when you opened your boxes etc.

How did you feel about playing relatively early? When I was on the wings, I witnessed someone (Kath) play after just 14 shows! So when I started getting into the low-teens, I'd always start worrying that my time was up! My target was to get to 18 to be honest. As it happened, I did 29 in total! (Although I missed 3 due to illness.)

I could often tell who'd be playing when though - I mean they very rarely have 3 men in a row, so if 2 men had just played then it was unlikely a 3rd one would be next. However, that's not a concrete rule; they always kept us on our toes (such as the surprise of Kath playing after just 14!).

To be honest david i was shocked!!! My daughter was coming down that day and they knew that! i was asked by jono to be the daddy but i declined because i felt that someone else would thrive on that and that i was there for everyone anyway! i felt that i was fairly central on and off and all my advice shown (and especially in amy's game that was not shown!! her dad thanked me personally for the advice i gave which was lovely of him!) or not was spot on. But....!!! they know how to make the best shows!!!! They get all of the emotions so spot on!! I think that i was really lucky to have the exposure that i did for only 17 shows!! my biggest regret is they edited out my box opening to the gorgeous Lauren which was "you are like a snowflake amongst the slush!!!" David like you i'm sure i loved every second!!!

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:57 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

collydolly wrote:
Well done on the £15k cuffy, I think I would have done the same, it was very dodgy to go on there :D

When you went to Pam with box 2, which has had the £250k more than any other, I was shouting at the tv for you not to open it :roll:

I hope the money is working for you :D

i know!!!! why did i open it!!!!! crazy!! my sister said the same to me!!! xx

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:01 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

LBtwenty2 wrote:
Congrats on the £15k, Cuffy! It really is an occasional thing for there to be a 'draw' between the player and Mr Banker, but as long as you are happy you enjoy!

Nice to see some of the really decent chaps and chappettes getting good money!

Ah cheers LBtwenty2!! it was an amazing experience dude!!! but crazy in the middle!!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:02 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Very exciting game i thought, Kept waiting for the board to take a swing one way or another but Cuffy's talent for finding 'middle' amounts meant it remained fairly well balanced throughout. In fact i think Noel said 'this is going to be the deciding round' or words to that effect on more occassions than any other game i can recall.

Thought the £15k offer Cuffy finally accepted was very respectable, especially as the Banker could so easily have punished him for finding the £100k, it's a shame it didn't quite pan out but at least he didn't make a loss on his box. And the money clearly meant something to him and his family which is what it's all about in the end isn't it?

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:50 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Another nice pleasant enjoyable show today - thoroughly decent guy getting the banker's respect, and I certainly don't think he can be criticised for playing the way he did, I think you had to treat that £15k offer like it was the last, as with such low blues the banker wouldn't be generous on red/blue, so really the only way for a non-Wakeyist to get significantly more was the £50k or £35k in the box with another red accompanying it at 2-box!

I'm amazed how admitting circumstances seems to get the banker's respect, it used to be the exact opposite, I guess it's all a changing of the financial climate! Great that a relatively averaging sum in terms of overall wins will be so great for him.

One thing I'd love to see which we haven't yet is someone sell the box for its value (as happened today) - but without getting a higher offer! Shame Cuffy didn't avoid one of the blues at 2-box!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy
Administrator & Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
I'm amazed how admitting circumstances seems to get the banker's respect, it used to be the exact opposite, I guess it's all a changing of the financial climate! Great that a relatively averaging sum in terms of overall wins will be so great for him.

I've noticed for a while now that admitting poor financial circumstances seems to be getting the banker's respect rather than the opposite. Both Lee and Mathew last autumn - who I think were students - got very poor offers at 5-box (something like £4k with the £75k still in play with backup). I think the "student" angle there reduced their offers somewhat.

As a student myself, when I played my game, I was going to make it clear to the banker that I wasn't a typically cash-strapped student (living on beans on toast etc) as I live at home, but I forgot to do so in the end. He may have read it from my file, or maybe he was doing his new tactic of being generous to people who he perceives are in a poor financial situation, as my 5-box offer was rather generous (certainly more generous than Lee and Mathew's!)!

I've also noticed recently that Noel has been talking openly about the tough financial climate that we're all facing at the moment. It's strange because the issue has been around for almost 2 years, yet it's only been mentioned on the show recently. I wondered how long it'd be before it got mentioned regularly, as it is something which will surely play on people's minds when it comes to turning down large sums of money!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:24 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy
International Forums Moderator

I think it is Endemol very belatedly realising that the show if presented in its most brutal risk-encouraging form is a bit of a televisual anachronism these days.

These shows were recorded about 18 months after the nationalisation of Northern Rock, and maybe nine months after the public recognised the UK was in recession.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

lcc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

well done on your win cuffy hope you get or you have got to singapore :smt023 you come across like such a genuine nice guy enjoyed your game :smt023

cuffy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:41 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Very exciting game i thought, Kept waiting for the board to take a swing one way or another but Cuffy's talent for finding 'middle' amounts meant it remained fairly well balanced throughout. In fact i think Noel said 'this is going to be the deciding round' or words to that effect on more occassions than any other game i can recall.

Thought the £15k offer Cuffy finally accepted was very respectable, especially as the Banker could so easily have punished him for finding the £100k, it's a shame it didn't quite pan out but at least he didn't make a loss on his box. And the money clearly meant something to him and his family which is what it's all about in the end isn't it?

Hi Moxx it certainly did!! thanks.

cuffy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:44 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

James1978 wrote:
Another nice pleasant enjoyable show today - thoroughly decent guy getting the banker's respect, and I certainly don't think he can be criticised for playing the way he did, I think you had to treat that £15k offer like it was the last, as with such low blues the banker wouldn't be generous on red/blue, so really the only way for a non-Wakeyist to get significantly more was the £50k or £35k in the box with another red accompanying it at 2-box!

One thing I'd love to see which we haven't yet is someone sell the box for its value (as happened today) - but without getting a higher offer! Shame Cuffy didn't avoid one of the blues at 2-box!

Thanks for that James! I couldn't remember much of the game when i played to be honest!! it gets a bit tense!!

cuffy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:46 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

lcc wrote:
well done on your win cuffy hope you get or you have got to singapore :smt023 you come across like such a genuine nice guy enjoyed your game :smt023

Aw thanks Icc, no that dream carries on for now!!

gokdan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:47 pm    Author: gokdan    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Tense it was indeed, and so nice of you to save the best box till last hey mate lol

Nkosi Enkulu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:37 pm    Author: Nkosi Enkulu    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

h2005 wrote:
James1978 wrote:

I've noticed for a while now that admitting poor financial circumstances seems to be getting the banker's respect rather than the opposite. Both Lee and Mathew last autumn - who I think were students - got very poor offers at 5-box (something like £4k with the £75k still in play with backup). I think the "student" angle there reduced their offers somewhat.

As a student myself, when I played my game, I was going to make it clear to the banker that I wasn't a typically cash-strapped student (living on beans on toast etc) as I live at home, but I forgot to do so in the end. He may have read it from my file, or maybe he was doing his new tactic of being generous to people who he perceives are in a poor financial situation, as my 5-box offer was rather generous (certainly more generous than Lee and Mathew's!)!

I've also noticed recently that Noel has been talking openly about the tough financial climate that we're all facing at the moment. It's strange because the issue has been around for almost 2 years, yet it's only been mentioned on the show recently. I wondered how long it'd be before it got mentioned regularly, as it is something which will surely play on people's minds when it comes to turning down large sums of money!

What on earth do you mean by stating:
As a student myself, when I played my game, I was going to make it clear to the banker that I wasn't a typically cash-strapped student (living on beans on toast etc)

Living on beans on toast????????

What about all the great and fantastic meals at the hotel.
Look at all the fish you ate and then you had my portion of fish as well and then you ask Graham for his portions.

Yes, you did not feel bright the next day . No wonder.

Dave , don't get upset. You should know me by now.

You're stiill a great Shamwari.
Bayete

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:46 am    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Really enjoyed this game. The average at 5-box was £20,000 so the banker had to offer close to the average as the three reds were close together. There was a 3 in 5 chance of there being a red in the box so I thought it was worth going on but I completely understand Cuffy's decision and in the end it was the right decision.
Hope that the money helps you out Cuffy.

cuffy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

cool-luke-18 wrote:
Really enjoyed this game. The average at 5-box was £20,000 so the banker had to offer close to the average as the three reds were close together. There was a 3 in 5 chance of there being a red in the box so I thought it was worth going on but I completely understand Cuffy's decision and in the end it was the right decision.
Hope that the money helps you out Cuffy.

Hiya cool, yeah certainly has helped mate!! if i had no money worries i would have gone on! but there was still a chance to go away with a blue!

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]