Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Warnings: 0
And I would've gone for it

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 6 and reveals £15,000

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Dan with box 18 has the £50,000

That is very unusual for the player to have the same amount in their box as they previously dealt at says Noel.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Nope, it's £15,000 in the box, another player got lucky at the last minute

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Reasonable deal although safe. And he didn't even miss out on anything as I assumed he would have no dealt the 27.5K although that has been dealt before in that situation.

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:08 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy
Forum Games Moderator

Cuffy made a decision that was right for him and he could have had £12,500 more but at least he didn't have the £50,000. Well done Cuffy!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy
International Forums Moderator

Cuffy's big decision financially was at eight-box, not five, so he can't have any regrets as that eight-box decision worked out well even though he took the top amount out in the fifth round.

Selling the box for its value was only a fair result really, this wasn't a game where either side really deserved to win or lose.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:14 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

kestral wrote:
Cuffy has box 6 today. Paul Cuffy is from Minehead and works for a large retailer and has a big love of animals. Noel says that he is known as Dr Dolittle, and Cuffy tells a story of how when he was younger his dad found an injured bird and they nursed it back to health until it was well enough to return to the wild.

Cuffy has a small model made by his son which he has brought along, and we also see some his family pics....

Cuffy has a bit of a system to start and finish, but he is not using it now...

Here we go...

Actually that bit was a lie!!lol you might of noticed but i used the previous games power 3 red numbers which did well so i used the other too to!!! a bit retentive i know but then u could see that in my face i guess!! it worked well!!

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

h2005 wrote:
This show has had quite a bit of product placement so far, what with Noel's car / bakery puns at the start - "Mercedes Buns" and so on. Quite ironic that they didn't want to mention the name of the shop Cuffy works in (which was presumably Boots). :lol:

ummmmmm yes dave!! it is!!

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:22 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

willrelf wrote:
Cuffy made a decision that was right for him and he could have had £12,500 more but at least he didn't have the £50,000. Well done Cuffy!

Cheers mate, if i didnt have money worries i would have gone on but it meant too much to me!

jonny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Aw, what a nice chap. Enjoy the cash Cuffy! And good on you wanting to support your daughter; I've just finished my first year at uni, and I can tell you, it aint good for the old wallet, that's for sure!

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

KP wrote:
Cuffy's big decision financially was at eight-box, not five, so he can't have any regrets as that eight-box decision worked out well even though he took the top amount out in the fifth round.

Selling the box for its value was only a fair result really, this wasn't a game where either side really deserved to win or lose.

Yep thats a really fair thing to say !!lol!!

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

jonny wrote:
Aw, what a nice chap. Enjoy the cash Cuffy! And good on you wanting to support your daughter; I've just finished my first year at uni, and I can tell you, it aint good for the old wallet, that's for sure!

ah cheers jonny thats appreciated mate (he says with his daughter looking over his shoulders!!!)

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy
Forum Games Moderator

cuffy wrote:
willrelf wrote:

Cheers mate, if i didnt have money worries i would have gone on but it meant too much to me!
In the end, sometimes it's not about how much you win; it's more about how much you can do with the money you win and how much the money means to you, so I think that was a good decision in the end.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Good game; absolutely nothing wrong with taking £15,000; not only was it the median but it was also not far off the average. Only bad luck stopped him from getting the outright draw he deserved (leave one of the blue boxes to the end not the £50,000)

Nicely played, Cuffy! NOW will you reveal what it went on? :P (For some bizarre reason I thought you'd already played, hence why I asked...respecting confidentiality deeds etc :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

So glad cuffy won a good amount as he was so involved with other's games. He always gave good advice and brought a little humour. :smt023 Well done.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:31 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Well done Cuffy. If you can force the banker to give you such a good offer at 5 box that it would take a huge gambler to no-deal it, then you've done a good job. I was half expecting the offer to be around £10k at 5 box which would have been a tough decisoin.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:24 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy
Administrator & Global Moderator

Cuffy, well done on the £15k! As others have said, it was great that you managed to get a respectable offer at 5-box, especially after knocking out the £100k in the round before.

I must admit I was surprised that you played on your 17th show! I thought you'd do more than that, especially as Noel had been having quite a bit of banter with you about what you said when you opened your boxes etc.

How did you feel about playing relatively early? When I was on the wings, I witnessed someone (Kath) play after just 14 shows! So when I started getting into the low-teens, I'd always start worrying that my time was up! My target was to get to 18 to be honest. As it happened, I did 29 in total! (Although I missed 3 due to illness.)

I could often tell who'd be playing when though - I mean they very rarely have 3 men in a row, so if 2 men had just played then it was unlikely a 3rd one would be next. However, that's not a concrete rule; they always kept us on our toes (such as the surprise of Kath playing after just 14!).

LBtwenty2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:32 pm    Author: LBtwenty2    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Congrats on the £15k, Cuffy! It really is an occasional thing for there to be a 'draw' between the player and Mr Banker, but as long as you are happy you enjoy!

Nice to see some of the really decent chaps and chappettes getting good money!

Ultimate Dream: Take Box 22 home with the £250,000 in it!!

Won:

1p Game: 9/Jun/09

Founder of the Box 22 Recognition Society! Want to join? Please on the topic in the general DoND area

Member of the Cuffy Fan Club

cuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:41 pm    Author: cuffy    Post subject: Re: 16/06 Cuffy

Big-Davey wrote:
Good game; absolutely nothing wrong with taking £15,000; not only was it the median but it was also not far off the average. Only bad luck stopped him from getting the outright draw he deserved (leave one of the blue boxes to the end not the £50,000)

Nicely played, Cuffy! NOW will you reveal what it went on? :P (For some bizarre reason I thought you'd already played, hence why I asked...respecting confidentiality deeds etc :lol:

well i said in my 5th game i think - and into the microphone that "i like box 18!! 18 is my favourite number" i thought as this was a game set by a human that human nature might think i was nice and put a half decent amount in my favourite box!!! Then i was going to choose lis instead of marios and i probably would have if my daughter was with me (she was travelling down that day but they want to shock you sometimes!!!) but i had seen neighbours and good friends deliver big reds too often!!! and as i have said befor if i had no money worries i would have gone on but hey!! it has helped such a lot!! and soooooo many great life long friends!

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]