Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 pm Last visit was: Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The banker says one of them has made a big mistake

Banker's offer would've been:

£15,000

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

15 - Rachel - £5,000

OOOOOOHHHH says Noel

6 - Paul - 50p

NO... OH MY WORD says Noel

Banker phones and wonders if the final 2 will be 1p and £250k, and talks about what he did with Alice and the banker's gamble... if the final 2 are 1p and £250k, the offer will be BANKER'S GAMBLE...

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

19 - Spike - £250,000 :D

Banker time with 1p and £750 remaining

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Noel says we'll never know what would've happened...

Banker's offer would've been:

£15

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Christopher's box 16 has £750

1 - Jehad - 1p

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Christopher says if he'd been offered the gamble on 1p vs £250k, he'd have taken the gamble, but his girlfriend says he wouldn't have let him :lol:

Profile E-mail  

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:05 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher
Forum Games Moderator

I too thought Christopher had made a mistake but it turned out well for him. He could have had £3000 more but that's not bad. Well done Christopher!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Certainly a nervy game; it was definitely too early game-wise to take the £18,000 that would have got him the OPW, but either £15,000 offer would have been sufficient enough!

Thank goodness that last one was the £250,000 anyway - keep these crackers coming!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher
International Forums Moderator

Clearly a cautious player, and the Banker read him well. I'm sure there'd have been a £20k offer at eight-box even if he'd had a really good round - and he'd probably have taken it.

I'd have won the same amount a different way, by dealing at five-box.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

lcc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:45 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

hope you enjoy youre life down under christoper £15,000 will be a good help for you both beats manchester any day well good shopping i must say so........good luck..xxxxxxxxxxx

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:03 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Saw this game, another great one this week, keep em coming! :)

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:45 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Thought Noel was being pretty rude to Christopher from the beginning, saying how did he have such a pretty girlfriend and all that. And then giving him grief when he dealt at 15K. I'm glad he dealt then, sounds as if it will give him a great start for Oz! Well done Chris, yeah you could have got 3K more but 15K is a really fab sum to win! :-D

Profile E-mail  

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Well done to him and I definitely understand why he dealt at 8-box and I do hope that he manages to live in Australia and I thought he might have made a mistake but he would have almost certainly dealt £15,000 at 5-box anyway so a god result either way.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Interesting game, it was never going to live up to yesterdays for me, though for a while there it did look like history might be about to repeat itself.

Some amusing Banter, with Christopher taking plenty of ribbing about his way-too-pretty girlfriend and giving as good as he got too.

The result was decent and an acceptable deal, though it could have gone horribly wrong.

I was surprised when the banker rang to say he was prepared to offer Alice's Banker gamble on the 1p/ £250,000 finish and part of me would have loved to have seen that (if only to see how Sam stopped Chris taking it) but i'm glad for his sake that there was an all blue finish.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

It was always going to be tough for Christopher to recreate Amy's board, but at 11-box that looked like happening! So much for the banker being scared though as like Amy, the offer was only £18,000 - I think they'd have been derided more than Richard if they'd taken that! (KP keeps criticising players who think the game starts at 8-box - the banker seems to be doing so at the moment - well 8-box in a normal game, 5-box in specials weeks!!) :)

I guess it was done so the 8-box offer appeared more generous than it really was, but I don't blame him as the board was a lot more unstable by then. Maybe now after that deal people will understand £14,900 Alex's deal a lot more - I got SO angry trying to defend his deal against the usual suspects that day, but he had all blues whereas Christopher had £20k and £5k fallbacks after the two biggies.

I believed the 5-box stick too, and would have loved to see the banker's gamble, fortunately Spike revealing the biggie seemed a masive relief to everyone concerned! It was never possible as he couldn't take out the £750 in any case.

Not quite reaching the classics of Ben and Amy, but still aa very satisfying game and he seemed a amusing guy as well, enjoy Australia Christopher!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:51 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

That was another good game, nearly a spanking but only 3 grand in it. Good stuff. A very quiet posting rate here. Could i suggest that should chris have been a pretty girl, it would be much busier ;) so, for the girls amongst us, few and far between i gather-might i just add that i think christopher was definitely a hottie in my book :smt023

The male hottie is few and far between in this show...marios though? Not sure...reminds me too much of a cleaned up frank gallagher;)

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:47 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher
Forum Games Moderator

Well most members of the forum are boys so you would expect more boys to comment on a gorgeous girl's game than a boy's game lol.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:03 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

I noticed that Alice's name wasn't mentioned at 3 box. Was this showed filmed after Alice's game had been broadcast?

Well done for Christopher to take a cautious deal and ignore the once again pointless 1 in 56 offers predictions at 8 box.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:51 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Just seen this. Slightly questionable deal given that up to 25K used to be offered on that board.
And a bizarre three box situation in which taking out the £750 or QM would be cheered.

It would have been as crazy as Alice's undeal offer had it remained in play but I suppose it comes down to croftrock's earlier point about the lowest value remaining on the board and that endemol relishes the chance to mess around with fairly cautious players.

Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:20 am    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 12/06 Christopher

Simon F wrote:
I noticed that Alice's name wasn't mentioned at 3 box. Was this showed filmed after Alice's game had been broadcast?

This week's shows were filmed the first week of March which as you say was before Alice's game. I'll make some comments next week when we reach the shows I saw recorded.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]