Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:52 pm Last visit was: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Kaledmutant wrote:
I'm with willrelf, Amy was a really gorgeous young lady.

killersbee wrote:
Agree with a few people, Amy was really quite beautiful! :D

I'm glad others agree with me! Amy was one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in my life and that is a fact!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

kestral wrote:
Noel opens box 14 and reveals £20,000

Box 20 with Rachel has the £15,000

Noel tells Amy how that was nearly the perfect game.

I suppose the perfect game is the dream finish at 2 box in play but that was as near to it as we're going to get for a while.

Not sure what the banker was doing offering £75k at 5 box when I though it would be closer to £60k to bring the £100k/5 figure red 2 boxes into consideration but £75k was a no-brainer.

Thank goodness that Endemol still make one show for C4 that still is as good as ever.

LBtwenty2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:38 pm    Author: LBtwenty2    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

As Amy played, it was perfect. I am happy she'd won, but I'd have gone on. Not because I don't understand the importance of money, or greed. Just for the buzz. And if my fate was to win £20k, then I can't change that. Thoughts...?

Ultimate Dream: Take Box 22 home with the £250,000 in it!!

Won:

1p Game: 9/Jun/09

Founder of the Box 22 Recognition Society! Want to join? Please on the topic in the general DoND area

Member of the Cuffy Fan Club

Profile E-mail  

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:54 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Yay! I've just watched Amy's absolutely fab game. I was on the edge of my seat!

It's nice to see the Banker getting such a spanking. It was indeed almost the perfect game.

I really do hope Amy enjoys the £75K. :smt023

Profile E-mail  

Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Amazing game, brilliantly played. I'm sure I have never seen such a strong board at 5 box.

I would have gone on for the chance of £250k - and ended up with less than a third of Amy's windfall :blueponder

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:12 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Kanga wrote:
Amazing game, brilliantly played. I'm sure I have never seen such a strong board at 5 box.

I would have gone on for the chance of £250k - and ended up with less than a third of Amy's windfall :blueponder

There have actually been 6 in play 5 box boards with more money left.

viewtopic.php?p=570604#p570604

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Way to go Amy! :smt023 BRILLIANTLY played and what a fabbie super spanking for the banker. :spank Just ace DOND! :-D LOVED every minute of this super spesh game! :D Woo hoo we're in the big money at the mo! :smt043 Well done Amy! :smt023 You were FANTASTIC! :smt041

Profile E-mail  

ciderduck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:46 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

What an incredible game, unbelievable!! I guess amy must've been very overwhelmed what with the tears and that from early on, but flipping heck, do you ever expect it to go THAT well?! I had expected an early deal here, but it just went so well, she had no choice but to go on to that 75k point. Cracking game :smt023

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:29 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Firstly let me throw me my hat in the ring and admit that i too thought Amy a very beautiful and very charming young woman (I've never wanted to be a Tibetan Terrier so much in my life :-D ) and i was really rooting for her to do well today.

That was like a dream game, the way it unfolded, apart from an early hit in the power five she didn't seem capable of doing anything wrong, blues and low reds all the way. Mind you given her emotive response to that first offer i was expecting a cautious 3rd or 4th offer deal and i thought, given how much the money clearly meant to her, turning down £31,000 was incredibly brave.

To then have a perfect round was just so unexpected, I was punching the air when the penny was revealed, I thought that was going to be a real albatross.

Have to admit i got a bit seduced by the all red board at 5 box. I'm glad Amy dealt and even more delighted that the proveout vindicated her decision, but i do think that if the player is prepared to accept the worst case scenario then the board was worth playing till the end. There's no right and wrong in a situation like that.

The Banker won;t sit down for a week after that spanking :smt023

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:55 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Wow, awesome game of course, and so close to being the perfect game as Noel said - you couldn't really wish for much better than 5 of the top 7 at 5-box (I'd also not mind Daniel's board of top 4 + £750 either!).

Maybe the offer was a lot higher than most of us expecting, but I don't begrudge Endemol for going for the feel-good finish (which it would have been even if she had 100k or 250k in the box I would suggest because she would still have 75k! - the only finish that may torment you slightly is the dream finish), rather than risk a potential collapse and widespread caution for shows to come.

The no-brainer £75k might not be as crazy an offer as you think when you consider following players might strive to be as successful as her, and take risks they otherwise might not have taken buoyed up by the positivity surrounding her win. And as long as players are taking risks in the name of entertainment, I'd suggest Endemol are perfect happy.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:11 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Something I've just thought - is £15,000 the highest amount of money anyone's been absolutely guaranteed at 5-box? I know Daniel was probably guaranteed a £15k offer at 2-box on £50k/£750 but there's no saying he'd have dealt that!

That's why I think the £75k offer was so high. Usually on powerful last 5's, there's been at least one blue or honorary blue which many would have loads of regrets if they dropped from an offer in low power 5 territory to the lowest box value left (such as Halloween Tony), or even a deal on the lowest red/blue on a board like Constance's - but the banker couldn't use that to his advantage! I bet most people before the game would take a £20k/£15k 2-box situation if they were offered it! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

It wouldn't have been the highest 5-box deal by £4,999.99 KP; Christmas Star Ian dealt for £71,000 remember! :P

Anyway yesh, what an incredible game! She wasn't even reckless either, that's what made it even more delicious! The boxes simply went in her favour; even losing £75,000 was a mere flinch because she then took out the two lowest amounts left on the board to compensate!

£75,000 wasn't high at all, it was pretty much spot on as anything under that would have literally forced me on for one; the chance of the Dream Finish and failing that keeping one of the two biggies with brilliant fallback at 2-box. Well done to Amy, that was a killer game! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:09 am    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Simon F wrote:
Kanga wrote:

There have actually been 6 in play 5 box boards with more money left.

viewtopic.php?p=570604#p570604

Simon - thanks for that - I have had a look at some of those games and I can honestly say I dont remember any of them (that probably means I didnt watch them but I cant be sure ;) )
Amy does seem to have the strongest fallback at £15,000. Richard was the next best at £3,000 but he had already dealt.

Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

LBtwenty2 wrote:
As Amy played, it was perfect. I am happy she'd won, but I'd have gone on. Not because I don't understand the importance of money, or greed. Just for the buzz. And if my fate was to win £20k, then I can't change that. Thoughts...?

I can understand wanting the buzz, but saying you can't change your fate of winning £20,000 is wrong. There's nothing stopping you taking the £75,000. It's only your fate to have what is in the box if you let it happen.

Profile E-mail  

AnneM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:36 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

:smt023 Amy was a lovely young lady and glad she dealt when she did. I would have gone on to the end and would have been happy with the 20K.

Profile E-mail  

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:40 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

In case people were wondering, that is indeed the first time that at least £15k has been guaranteed at 5-box. (Brenda from Feb 2006 would have had £10k guaranteed, but she'd already dealt.)

The exact probability of having £15k guaranteed at 5-box is 1 in 1254. So it's likely to happen, on average, about once every four years.

Profile E-mail  

Stevo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:43 pm    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Got to add my 2p's worth to this thread. That was simply one of the most fantastic and enjoyable games I've seen...and I've seen a fair few !!!

I think she just couldn't believe the value as it went up...remember she was overwhelmed with £10k, let alone a whopping £75k - I hope she uses the money to realise her dreams, and give some to the charity that her family has set up in her aunt's name...

Such a feel good game...I love it when it happens to beautiful people !!! Well played !!!

lcc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:43 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

what a cracker of a game well done amy think i would have dealt though by that stage i,d have been bricking it.i mean £75,000 couldnt have risked that much well done amy enjoy youre money :smt023

Profile E-mail  

LBtwenty2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:19 pm    Author: LBtwenty2    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

cfd wrote:
LBtwenty2 wrote:

I can understand wanting the buzz, but saying you can't change your fate of winning £20,000 is wrong. There's nothing stopping you taking the £75,000. It's only your fate to have what is in the box if you let it happen.

Yeah, I see your point, however I meant it would be my fate if I had no dealt £75,000 and £17,500. But that's what I would do. Enjoy the money Amy!

Ultimate Dream: Take Box 22 home with the £250,000 in it!!

Won:

1p Game: 9/Jun/09

Founder of the Box 22 Recognition Society! Want to join? Please on the topic in the general DoND area

Member of the Cuffy Fan Club

Profile E-mail  

tigerlily

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:00 am    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

amy was fantastic and so was her game, i shall keep it on my sky+ so that i can watch it if i ever need to cheer myself up :D

Profile E-mail  
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]