Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

Warnings: 0
kestral wrote:
I thought it was 'hindsight issues'

Nope :?

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

KP wrote:
I would probably play on here, but it's the right offer for the board.

And the right offer for Jean. No complaints, good play all round in the end.

She should have gone a round earlier for five grand. After the fairly stonking round she had I'd have wanted a lot more than ten grand to justify the earlier no deal.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean
International Forums Moderator

I'm not sure, I think a doubler for what wasn't even an all-blue was fair. And ten grand feels like it's on a very different level from five for most people, I think.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:17 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

To turn down £10,000 would be a huge gamble with 30% chance of annihilation, and 60% of the offer most likely cut in half or worse.
Jean was a great contestant and the result was good after a very precarious board.

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:28 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

Well done Jean on a lovely amount of money to take home :D

I see the super fans were in today :D

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:36 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

KP wrote:
I'm not sure, I think a doubler for what wasn't even an all-blue was fair. And ten grand feels like it's on a very different level from five for most people, I think.

Got rid of two lowest blues and the lowest remaining red. I suppose doubling the offer is consistent since the average near doubled from about 16k to just over 30k. I just think that if she was 'brave' enough to reject the five grand I'm surprised she was cautious enough to take the ten. But then I'd disagree that ten grand is on a very different level to five. They both represent very nice wins, seriously helpful money for most people but nowhere near enough to change your life. On the other hand I think that £500 and £750 are of a very different order to 1p, 50p etc. The latter two are pitiful 'booby prizes' whereas the former two are quite nice compensation amounts that you can get a reasonable treat with. Having got rid of the two 'hobo' amounts the improved stability would have been another reason to play on.

All down to your own utility curve of course. I obviously have a 'kink' in mine somewhere!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

KB's getting worse, isn't he Kes? :P

Not bad a game, was a hard one to get into, but really lucky for her to have avoided missing out on the £100,000...at least it was only £15,000 she missed out on

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:25 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

Who are the super fans Colly? :ponder: I saw Lynne in audience today who i met last time i was there, she said she's been to every recording!!!
Well Jean was a wacky woo lady, going on about how often she does it, not that often by the sounds of it! :shock: I felt a bit embarrassed for her poor hub.
Good she got a decent amount to buy her webcam pootah! Enjoy all the webcaming your family in NZ Jean! :smt023

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:48 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

To be honest I expected about £13,000 at 5-box but £10,000 was a fair offer and the banker got it spot on. I'm sure she will enjoy the money. I have never heard someone say that they only kiss their other half 5 times in a year. Most couples do it at least twice a day if they are with each other.
I thought that the most likely type of final round was that she would take out 2 blues and a red and that is what happened.
She was a great contestant, another welsh lady, shame that the £250,000 profile can't mention an older lady yet.
She did though have the £100,000 in her box at least 3 times while out on the east wing.

KJupe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:10 pm    Author: KJupe    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

Big-Davey wrote:

Not bad a game, was a hard one to get into, but really lucky for her to have avoided missing out on the £100,000...at least it was only £15,000 she missed out on

Shut up Divvy,

you're just as bad!

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

JuliePenguinFan wrote:
Who are the super fans Colly? :ponder: I saw Lynne in audience today who i met last time i was there, she said she's been to every recording!!!
Well Jean was a wacky woo lady, going on about how often she does it, not that often by the sounds of it! :shock: I felt a bit embarrassed for her poor hub.
Good she got a decent amount to buy her webcam pootah! Enjoy all the webcaming your family in NZ Jean! :smt023

Lynne or Lyn :ponder: was sat next to Tina the lady with the short blonde hair they showed them several times :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:18 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

Big-Davey wrote:

Umm, that's pushing it a bit isn't it? :|

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

It isn't, if you think about it...

You know I'm not nasty in any shape or form towards you; you just seem to always go on if it doesn't crash, or vice versa..so once the small amount was revealed on the table, you changed your answer :|

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:21 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

:D roller coaster of a game.she was a lovely lady and at least she got enough out of the game for her family.enjoy spending the dosh!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

I'd have personally wanted closer to £12k at 5 box to deal but it was obviously the right offer for her as she didn't seem to be the kind of player who was going to risk going down to the £5k ish that the £20k/blue finish would have brought or the 30% chance of the all blue finish.

Interesting Noel's little speech at the end mentioning the value of money during the recession.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:03 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

Yeah I was impressed by Noel's speech at the end, i think it summed up what's been great about the show in recent weeks, people are going home with amounts that mean something to them.

A decent game with a respectable deal, though i might have been tempted to go on with that configeration. (the odds were against her hitting both reds it was really a question of which one she kept till the end)

Highlight for me was probably when Jean got Amy confused with Lauren, not a classic comedy moment but quite amusing at the time.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:46 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

Yeah, a good game today and the £10k clearly meant a lot to her, and as Noel said it is just as intriguing a game seeing players settling for modest sums in these recession-hit times.

I don't blame Jean for dealing with 3 blues left and little upshot potential of a significantly higher offer at 2-box, and offers on blue/ 100k can vary greatly; if the banker guaranteed an offer of £30k for that finish, I would probably go on, otherwise it's a rather reluctant deal at £10k with the 30% total disaster scenario.

Good to see Pauline's arrived on the wings - I think Noel's got his hands full with that one, shall we say... ;)

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:45 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/06 Jean

Deal was fair enough, and the proveout offer believable too - the last £100k/blue finish we got in active play was I think Karen who got offered a grand more with a lower blue and had turned down a dealable offer before!

I was a little bit surprised she didn;t have the £100k in her box due to the amount of times it had been referenced through the game and not edited out!

I guessed the £10k spot on too. :)

As a general forum thing, I don't think getting upset with KB is getting anywhere - just take what he says with a pinch of salt! It's not a patch on how it got when there was a whole Wakeyist brigade pouncing on people who dealt too early! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]