Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel says imagine how we'd be feeling now if Ruby had gone on and risked it... the banker says she's so lucky, as he'd have offered the banker's gamble if the final 2 were blue vs £100k, and we'd have been here until Sunday evening :lol:

Banker's offer would've been:

75p

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

YAY!!! :-D

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby
Administrator & Global Moderator

Ruby's box 21 has £1

6 - Rachel - 50p

Ruby says she's played a brilliant game

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

Great game today, and now that's what I'm talking about! :D

Enjoy £17,500, Ruby :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby
International Forums Moderator

At least the proveout offer didn't go up. I think it was believable to stick but definitely no more. And it's a comedy OPW!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:07 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby
Forum Games Moderator

I am so happy for Ruby as she was so cheerful and funny! She managed to get out at the top of the game, which is always good. I think she will be able to do a lot with the money and she deserves it. Congratulations Ruby!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

AnneM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:50 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

:smt023 Well done to Ruby, a very enjoyable game. Hope she has/had a fantastic trip home with her family.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

Very enjoyable game, that!

Proof that the show doesn't always have to be about gambling to win massive amounts of money, and that £17,500 proveout offer was probably set where it was to prove "how lucky she was" and also that she'd not gone too soon at the same time.

The Gamble would have been expected too at 2-box had that last one not have been the £100,000 so thank goodness she had already dealt!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:52 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

Very funny, highly entertaining game.

Ruby was a riot from start to finish - and she only lives about 20 odd miles down the road from me :D

Don;t know if that counts as a spanking given that the 5 box offer was a stick and not a drop, but it deserved to be. That's a wonderful victory over the Banker.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

Two good wins in a row! Haven't much felt like posting on any recent games...lovely woman, but thank goodness i record it, and can fast forward!! Sheesh!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:48 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

Highly entertaining game, if downright weird at times. It reminded me a bit of Mary's game in stages, and I actually thought at the beginning through all the dithering she might accidentally have said 'DEAL' (although Mary accidentally said no deal, but then stuck to that decision when asked again!)

I promised to be a barmy game and lived up to its billing, and rare for a game with such comedy, it turned out to also be an OPW! The deal may have been slightly cautious, but the board was almost perfectly balanced, and the offer was well pitched.

It'd be interesting to find out how long that show took to record, with Noel looking at his watch and the early break they took, which must've meant they felt they had more than enough at the time to fill that segment comfortably!

I suppose the editing was made more difficult in that Noel asked the question and about 3 hours later he got a response :roll: , and basically what she said in between couldn't easily be cut out without making sense (although it didn't make much sense anyway)!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:55 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

I enjoyed Ruby's game, I thought it was so funny. It's a good thing she dealt when she did, with all the dithering, they'd never have managed to fit the whole game plus adverts into the allocated 45 minutes! They would have had to make it a two part special!

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

Best comedy game in yonks, the gameplay didn't realy matter but that was perfect too, though I believe the 5-box offer should have been low teens, but who cares when she would have ended up with a pocket change last pair?

Well done Ruby, you're a legend!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

Great game - really made me laugh. With the timing of the show, I was expecting a 3rd offer deal.

The first proveout offer seemed a little high - wouldn't have expected a stick on a £100k/£20k/peanuts final 5.

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:47 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

I enjoyed the game very much. I did think it was funny although it wasn't as funny as Jez's game but I think that it was almost certainly the second funniest show of this month. When I watched it I expected a 8-box deal as there was only about 5 minutes left when we got to 8-box. The stick was possibly real because the £17,500 she dealt at was a generous offer.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:02 am    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 05/06 Ruby

Aww yes Ruby's game was ace fab, she was a gem and half, just so lovely and I loved every minute of it and with a banker spanking too, what more could we ask for. Well done Ruby, :smt023 thanks for all the entertaining and enjoy your fabbie winnings :-D

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]