Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 26, 2022 12:32 am Last visit was: Thu May 26, 2022 12:32 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

Warnings: 0
Great crash after the deal, but she could still lose by £7,500 :?

Last edited by killersbee on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 1 and reveals £20,000

Box 13 with Newbie Heath contains the £1,000

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

It's still a victory

Last edited by killersbee on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

Is this not an OPW? Player dealt for the highest amount in the game, and dealt for an amount larger than the contents of the box.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:59 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

killersbee wrote:
Drat! :(

The Banker gets away with a sneaky TBW :smt011

Think you are wrong there, it should be an OPW...

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

Wait a minute, you're right! WHoops! :oops: :lol:

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

kestral wrote:
killersbee wrote:
Drat! :(

The Banker gets away with a sneaky TBW :smt011

Think you are wrong there, it should be an OPW...

cfd wrote:
Is this not an OPW? Player dealt for the highest amount in the game, and dealt for an amount larger than the contents of the box.

What CFD said :oops: :P

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

Glad to see the edit. I thought a final pair of £1000 and £1000 was a bit odd!

A fair deal at 75% of mean. I may have gone on with the guaranteed red but no complaints at the deal.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:05 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

And £22,500 may sound good, but we FINALLY get an OPW at last so yay! :D

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:07 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy
Forum Games Moderator

It was great for Mandy that she got out at the right point in the game. I too would have dealt £22,500 as that is a lot of money and there was a big risk of taking out the big money in the next round. Congratulations Mandy on your OPW!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Profile E-mail  

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:25 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

:D lovely game today.Mandy l hope you have much success with your animal projects.you certainly made me feel good too.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

Yay!! :-D What a LOVELY sunny player Mandy was! :smt023 Really great game and a very nice banker spanking! :spank. Hope you have a wonderful time on your next animal conservation project with your FABBBBIE winnings Mandy! :smt041

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy
International Forums Moderator

Yet another weak all-red final two after a marginal five-box decision, but this time that decision was Deal and it worked out!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

Isn't that the first in-play all-red squashdown we've had? Wow!

Great recovery; I thought the £8,500 offers were all generous (the first after losing the £250,000 then the £100,000 going for the second, then even more damage for the third!) - she definitely had a good day to play the game against the Banker!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:51 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

What a lovely lady Mandy was and what a great game.

As Banker spankings go that was more a slap across the back of the knees with a wet newspaper than six of the best from a wooden cane but it's still a welcome victory.

Personally I would have been very tempted to play to the end given an all red five box, but well done to Mandy for getting out at the perfect moment.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

Great game, crept up to a pretty strong finish after the early setbacks of hitting the 250k and 100k, although her low blue hitting was good early on.

Can't have been too many all-red squashdowns - I can think of quite a few all-blue ones (Chris recently and Derek Brown to name a couple), but no all-red ones string to mind immediately. Of course, we also had the 'no squashdown' situation with 75k Daniel, having £750 and the power 5 with 6 boxes left, which is pretty rare.

Anyway, well played game today, by both sides I feel, as the banker did well to persuade her to deal on such a stellar final five, and offering just over the median seemed to do the trick, and it was a justifiable decision to take it, and she fully deserved the OPW!

Profile E-mail  

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:22 am    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

The median on the five-box board (the average in other words) was exactly £29,800 so the offer was halfway between the average and half of it and it was a clever offer. There was was some decent money at 5-box and there was a 3 in 5 chance of having a nice amount of money in her box.
I do hope that she enjoys the money.

Profile E-mail  

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:38 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 04/06 Mandy

First game in a while I've actually enjoyed! I absolutely loved her passion for wildlife, if i'd had the money i would certainly have gone to all the places she had been to. And 22k will take her even further. Loved the story about the silverback;)
Great stuff, congrats to you and the animals! :smt023

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]